ARCHIVED: Grogeriovania changes government after coup

Grogeriovania goes from left-leaning monarchy to a democratic republic today as the new Grogeriovanian president, Premier Zhevas N. Ballenka has taken over the country. After the recent absence of King Petyr from power and his temporary senate failed to agree on certain issues that stagnated the country, the democratic liberal party and the left-wing nationalist party has seized power from the arguing monarchs who claim the throne of Grogeriovania. During the night of January 6, 2013 the two party leaders and members marched to the house of ministries and ousted the royals that were wrestling for control. The leader of the democratic liberal party, Zhevas N. Ballenka has taken the position of president while the leader of the left-wing nationalist, Galladan G. Vhenos has been appointed vice president. A new election will be held on the fifth of June. Premier Ballenk's regime now focuses on de-centralizing the government, so that the rural areas of Gorgeriovania may be more autonomous and the rearmament of the nation. The regime has also nullified the N16 WA agreement which states that Grogeriovania cannot research, manufacture or acquire any sort of unconventional weapons(WMDs) and has begun the immediate research of nuclear weaponry. There are also rumors that the nation has begun to stockpile different chemical weapons. In terms of international relations, the Premier Ballenka made a speech in which he says "for a region that prides itself on democracy, it sadly lacks it". The premier then went on about the other nations of the North Pacific that still has a monarchy government system. He said that "the most influential and most respected nation in the North Pacific, Mcmasterdonia is being governed by a queen and claims it is democratic. I do not see how this is so. One of our neighbors, Novare Res, is under a monarchy too. There is also the nation of Lennart, being ruled by a king". Premier Ballenka has also noted Merconitopia as the being undemocratic nation in the region. He pointed out that the leader of Merconitopia, Infuschein, abuses his power and his people without any intervention from foreign nations. For now the new regime keeps to itself but only time would tell what it's future agendas are.

The Olvern Diplomatic Office is observing the situation in Grogeriovania very closely. Olvern hopes for democratic elections to go smoothly, and for the will of the people to be respected.

The Ambassador to Grogeriovania has alerted the Checkers Foreign Minister for Democracy Promotion and the Foreign Ministries Moderator. Hopefully this wonderful transition will go smoothly and Checkers is always open to assist the process.

The Malvadian Foreign Ministry hopes for a peaceful transition in Grogeriovania. The situation will be monitored closely by the Prime Minister and the cabinet.

King Pyter:
Premier Ballenka has also noted Merconitopia as the being undemocratic nation in the region. He pointed out that the leader of Merconitopia, Infuschein, abuses his power and his people without any intervention from foreign nations.
Aww, Grog. *Blushes.* :3

Her Majesties Government of the Kingdom of McMasterdonia will continue to watch this situation closely as it develops. The Queen expresses her disgust at the abhorrent overthrow of the rightful and legitimate leader of the nation and expresses her desire for the illegal and illegitimate head of state to step down immediately and allow for the rule of law and the monarch to resume it's rightful role in the nation.

To Premier Zhevas N. Ballenka,

After days of assessing the situation in Grogeriovania, the government of Malvad condemns the stockpiling of chemical weapons and research in nuclear weaponry. We ask that all stockpiles be destroyed and research halted immediately. The Malvadian Council on the Advancement of Democracy (MCAD) also requests that elections be moved from June 8th to a sooner date. The people should have democracy as soon as possible.

Prime Minister Stan Voris

Malvad:

After days of assessing the situation in Grogeriovania, the government of Malvad condemns the stockpiling of chemical weapons and research in nuclear weaponry. We ask that all stockpiles be destroyed and research halted immediately. The Malvadian Council on the Advancement of Democracy (MCAD) also requests that elections be moved from June 8th to a sooner date. The people should have democracy as soon as possible.

To: Prime Minister Stan Voris
Encryption level: Moderate:
Subject: National matters

Good day to you and greetings from me and the entire nation of Grogeriovania. I am writing this letter in regards to the one you have sent me. I write this letter to address the issues that you have stated which includes the unconventional weapons and the elections of my country.

First, I must inform you that the nuclear weapons research, development and manufacturing of my country is purely a deterrent for any nation that wishes to cause harm to any citizen of Grogeriovania. To justify this, might I remind you that the two nations of Gulantis and Zemnaya Svoboda waged war on one another not so long ago. King Petyr's policies left our country defenseless against such attacks from any nation who would want to take advantage of our country. I find nuclear weaponry as an excellent way to prove to the nations of the North Pacific that Grogeriovania will respond with force if provoked to fight. The number of the nuclear weaponry my nation will manufacture is relatively small and we have no plans on using them unless, as I have stated before, the people of Grogeriovania are threatened by war. I would make any treaty necessary to prove that.

Second, there are no chemical weapons of any sort that my country is collecting. This are baseless rumors that me and my cabinet have repeated denied and proven to be false. We have given the press and other enquirers everything that they need to prove this. If you need further confirmation of this, I would happily invite you to send experts to Grogeriovania so that they may investigate this matter with every freedom that they wish.

Lastly, we agree that an election has to be held at an earlier date. We are planning on holding at the the earliest, on the first week of February. We are already preparing all of the necessities for such an event to happen smoothly and without any problems.

If there is anymore problems you would like us to clarify, you could always write us another letter or contact me directly. I would also like to invite you into the Union of Democratic Nations of the North Pacific to discuss future issues there.

Again, good day to you sir and may both our nations enjoy peace and prosperity.

Thank you for your response. It is good to see that you wish to move elections to a closer date. Democracy is very important. We would like to send chemical weapon inspectors as soon as possible to further confirm they do not exist. Please inform the Malvadian Foreign Ministry when they can be allowed in Grogeriovania.
Your nuclear weapons program is still of concern to the Malvadian government. It is disturbing that you are prepared to use them at the mere threat of war. Nuclear weapons are terrible and destructive and should never be used. I urge you to reconsider your position. If you wish to bolster your military we would be more than willing to offer assistance. Please consider developing other parts of your military.

Letter:
To: Prime Minister Stan Voris - MALVAD
Copy to: Chancellor Cody Vassar
Copy to: Foreign Ministries Moderator Kevin Stephens
Copy to: Intelligence S1 Director Roger Franklin

Honorable Prime Minister Voris;

Checkers has found your concerns warranted and we appreciate your efforts to keep the North Pacific safe. Chancellor Vassar has instructed me to ready my department's resources in order to support your cause. Therefore, we can present a team of inspectors and scientific personnel should you wish to use them. We have no requirements on their use, only that you liase with the team's Captain Andrew Fitzpatrick and you may retain full control over the inspections.

If there is anything else we can do to assist you, you need but ask.

Sincerely,
72678465581903120114.png

Mariana Renic
Foreign Minister for Peacekeeping
Checkers

To Mariana Renic, Cody Vassar

On behalf of all of Malvad I thank you for your support. It is good to know that other nations wish to keep our region safe. Our lead scientist will contact Captain Fitzpatrick immediately with details. We will contact through him if there is anything else we need. If you need anything from Malvad you can contact our embassy in Checkers, Foreign Minister Donaldson, or me. Thank you for your support.

Malvad:

Thank you for your response. It is good to see that you wish to move elections to a closer date. Democracy is very important. We would like to send chemical weapon inspectors as soon as possible to further confirm they do not exist. Please inform the Malvadian Foreign Ministry when they can be allowed in Grogeriovania.
Your nuclear weapons program is still of concern to the Malvadian government. It is disturbing that you are prepared to use them at the mere threat of war. Nuclear weapons are terrible and destructive and should never be used. I urge you to reconsider your position. If you wish to bolster your military we would be more than willing to offer assistance. Please consider developing other parts of your military.

To Prime Minister Stan Voris,

After considering my options in the matter, I've have decided to halt the nuclear research of my nation. Whether this would be temporary or permanent is yet to be discussed. My nation is already quite capable with the conventional weaponry that we possess though we are interested in possibly purchasing weaponry from your nation, specially tanks and troop carriers.

As for the inspectors that would want to enter the country, they are now allowed to enter the country whenever they wish. We request that they send a notification in advance so that we may better accommodate them.

Premier Zhevas N. Ballenka

OCC: DO I have to set up a new thread for the inspection because
There are chemical weapons in Grogeriovania, LOTS of Saran and Tabun canisters.

OCC: A new thread would probably be a good idea.

IC: To Premier Zhevas N. Ballenka

I am quite glad you have decided to halt your nuclear program. It shows that you care about peace and the safety of the region. We can start drafting a deal on tanks and troop carriers immediately. You can send representatives to the Malvadian capital at anytime to discuss the deal.
Our chemical inspectors and scientists will send notification when they are prepared to leave Malvad. A team from Checkers will also be joining our team. Any questions can be directed to lead scientist Andrea Travers or Advancement Minister Grant Winters.

Captain Andrew Fitzpatrick and his team of six members of the military's Scientific Inspection Corps walked off the plane in Modino Maro, Malvad, where an assistant from the Malvadian Advancement Ministry was waiting at the gate.

"Captain," he clasped hands with Fitzpatrick. "Welcome. We're so happy to have you. I'm sorry that Minister Winters or Dr. Travers couldn't join you, but we're all very busy preparing for our upcoming trip."

"Well, I definitely understand," said Fitzpatrick. "We'll be all hands on deck tomorrow at your laboratory offices, but it is of course, what, 10pm Malvad time? We're going to head to bed."

"We've put you up at the Hotel R-"

"What? Oh, there's no need, sir, we have plenty of room at the Checkerian Embassy. We'll just have you pick us up in the morning, if you don't mind. Give Dr. Travers my best!"

To: Foreign Ministry of Grogeriovania

We welcome you to the community of free nations. Having ourselves overthrown the yoke of czarism just less than a century ago, we citizens of the Republic can testify to the many benefits of freedom and democracy. We must advise however that the initial transition can carry great risks -- any number of small crises could have thrown off our progress toward a Constituent Assembly and a stable constitutional order.

If there is any assistance we could provide, either in advice or observation, we would be exceedingly pleased to help your nation in its democratization.

Sincerely,
Nikolai Iosefich Braverman,
Minister of Foreign Affairs,
Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda

Black cars arrived at the Checkerian Embassy early the next morning. Doctor Andrea Travers stepped out of one and walked towards the gates of the embassy. After a quick security check, the gates opened and Dr. Travers entered the embassy. She quickly found Captain Fitzpatrick.

Travers shook the Captain's hand. "Welcome to Malvad Captain. I trust that you have been treated well?"

"Yes Doctor. You have been very welcoming to us. Now when will our work be starting?"

"Immediately. We can head to our offices now."

Dr. Travers and the Checkerian team exited the embassy and left in the black cars. Twenty minutes later they arrived at offices of the Advancement Ministry on the outskirts of the city. The building was large and had very few windows. It was made of brick of an orange hue.

"Welcome, Captain, to our chemical laboratories and offices. If you and your team need anything you need only ask. Now our assistants will guide you to the briefing room. We will start in a few minutes."

The team walked off with the assistants and left Travers alone. Then five black SUVs pulled up to the the building. Out came the Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Minister of Defense, the Minister of Advancement, the Intelligence and Security Director, and the Military Chief. A security team appeared and the SUVs sped away.

"Ministers! I was not expecting you all here."

Director Hughes spoke up, "Anything to do with chemical weapons is a possible threat to Malvad and this concerns our areas of the government. We wanted to personally make sure everything went smoothly."

"Of course Director. Please come in. We were just about to start."

The ministers filed in and took their seats at the front of the briefing room. Dr. Travers began the briefing.

"As you all know, Grogeriovania's government was recently couped and a new government was installed. Their new leader Premier Zhevas Ballenka planned to start a nuclear weapons program. After a great deal of lobbying from the Prime Minister, Ballenka agreed to halt these plans, at least temporarily. This is however not our main concern. There have been rumors of chemical weapons stockpiled by the military and approved by Premier Ballenka being stored there. Ballenka has assured the Prime Minister that they do not exist and invited us to investigate. Director Hughes shall explain the plans."

Dr. Travers took her seat and Director Hughes stood up.

"Thank you Doctor. I am Intelligence and Security Director Sean Hughes. Our top agent in Grogeriovania has not been able to confirm the existence of the weapons. However they have reported that the situation between the top officials is very tense and nervous. Many officials are cringing at the mention of the investigation. We suspect they are covering up the weapons. So, here is the plan. Dr. Travers and Captain Fitzpatrick will stay with a team in the Grogerian capital. You will all be divided into teams and sent to possible storage and development facilities across the nation. A security unit will accompany each team in case a situation arises. If no weapons are found then you will be brought home and the situation will be over. If weapons are found you WILL contact Dr. Travers IMMEDIATELY! Do not mention them to a single Grogerian. you will go on as normal. After you have been safely taken out of Grogeriovania we will present the evidence to Premier Ballenka and...well...hope for the best." There was a long pause as the possibilities sank in across the room. "Anyways, all of the information you need can be found in your dossiers. You will leave for Grogeriovania this evening. Dismissed."

The scientists left the room leaving the ministers and Dr. Travers. Dr. Travers got up to leave. Defense Minister Williams stood, "Wait dear." Travers sat back down. "MISA agents will be accompanying you as well along with an elite naval unit. The 2nd Fleet is currently in the area and, if need be, will provide support. I pray that nothing happens."

The ministers left the room leaving Travers who hoped that nothing went wrong.

The ministers filed out of the room, and Director Hughes stood to leave. As the Defense Minister spoke softly to Travers, some Checkerian scientists, unfamiliar with the whole government administration/security shebang, were whispering to each other excitedly about so many high officials in the room.

Dr. Erin Menka, however, as Capt. Fitzpatrick's liaison had a bit more experience with the military. As Minister Williams began to leave, Menka picked up her phone and found several urgent emails, all from the same person, all with subjects of varying urgency, had been sent in the past several minutes. She showed Fitzpatrick and after he scanned the page he said, "Wait, Minister!"

Confused, Williams looked back, unfamiliar with the tone that was being used.

Menka tried to mitigate. "I'm sorry, sir. What we felt required your attention was that I've just gotten a message from Ambassador Smithson at our embassy. She says she just got a call from our Chancellor and he's insisting that we take security. Already there's a plane full of a dozen members of Sigma Force-" at the Malvadians' visible confusion she explained, "sorry, that's our personal protection service- coming to assist on the journey."

"Minister, my point is that Ambassador Smithson is making every effort she can to send them back before we discuss it with you. She's worried, sir, that you'll take it as an affront to your capabilities and throw us out and we would never make that assumption. I hope you'll at least convey this to your staff before their plane gets turned away."

Minister Williams responded, "Oh it is perfectly fine to bring your own security. I understand you only wish to protect your people. I will make sure we coordinate it with our security teams and our MISA- that is the Malvadian Intelligence and Security Agency- agents. We will freely trade any information to your agents."

She began to leave when she remembered, "Oh! I nearly forgot. Three Advancement Ministry planes are leaving for Grogeriovania from Mt. Chisinau Air Base at 1900 hours. You may use our planes or you can meet our team in Grogeriovania when you are ready."

Minister Williams then left the building and disappeared in a black SUV.

Back