Minister of Culture
-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
Hello, The North Pacific! Welcome to my campaign thread for the January General Election! I am currently Deputy Speaker of the Regional Assembly and am pursuing the office of Speaker. Here are a few things that I feel make me qualified to be elected to the office of Speaker:
  • I am currently assisting the Speaker as one of his deputies.
  • I am familiar with the RA Guidelines and Procedures.
  • I know the hard work it takes to be the Speaker and can fulfill the duties.

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to reply to this thread. If you plan on voting for me, please let me know so I can add you to my projected voters list.

Projected Voters:

I'll be watching this space pretty closely. I didn't expect that much competition for Speaker, but what does this 'new' guy know anyway?

Good question, Eluvatar. The Speaker of the Regional Assembly, in my opinion, is an essential position in the government. They are responsible for admitting citizens of The North Pacific into the Regional Assembly and removing them if they have not logged in for 30 days, or have ceased to exist. They also are responsible for opening and closing both legislative and non-legislative voting within the Regional Assembly. Finally, they are responsible for managing leave of absence requests. Though it is true that another government position could do all this, it is the Speaker of the Regional Assembly that represents the Legislative Branch of our government and without them, The North Pacific could not function as well as it should. Thank you for your question.

Glad to see you running, Bootsie! ^_^

If you are elected as Speaker, how many deputies will you seek to bring on? How will you select them?

Which of the legal duties of the Speaker's office has been most interesting to you during your time as Deputy Speaker? Which has been the least interesting?

What are the specific strengths of each of the other candidates for Speaker? What are their weaknesses?

What makes a Speaker successful? In other words, how can one measure how good a job a Speaker has done?

What is the mission of the Speaker's office? Do you have a personal mission besides that?

If I am elected Speaker of the Regional Assembly, I will choose a maximum of two deputies. I am planning on asking Zyvet to be one of my deputy speakers due to his experience as Speaker, and if he declines, I am planning on choosing two deputies by applicants who participate in voting and in the region. My favorite duty as Deputy Speaker has been to admit users to the Regional Assembly, I don't know why, but I just love to have their names change from member masking to Regional Assembly masking. My least interesting duty is to remove users. It just annoys me when their box turns red, and I have no choice but to remove them. Zyvet is very straight to the point and has a lot of experience, however, is a little too short and to the point for my liking. Leekem is very full of quotes, but unlike Zyvet, is very long with his campaign statements. Overall, if I didn't win, I would have to throw my support to Zyvet. Thank you for your questions, SillyString!

What makes a Speaker successful is not how many users are on or off the Regional Assembly membership rolls. Nor is it how many votes were passed in their term. What makes a Speaker successful is how they keep up with admitting and removing users to and from the Regional Assembly rolls and keeping up with votes and proposals. As for the mission of the Speaker question, in my opinion, the Speaker's mission is To represent the Regional Assembly as a whole, and the Legislative Branch of our government. My personal mission as Speaker would be exactly that, I would represent the Regional Assembly in my behavior and conduct, and make sure that I am representing our Legislative Branch well. Thank you for your question, Crushing Our Enemies!

Elections are by nature competitive. What are the faults of your opponents that make you superior?

Back