The South Pacific Live

Kringalia

TNPer
NewLogo3_zpsb795e43e.png

THE COALITION OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC

MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
EMBASSY OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC TO THE NORTH PACIFIC

Hi there!

The South Pacific Live is a news and Q&A segment I sometimes like to run in embassies to keep constant communication between TSP and the region I'm representing it to. Here I'll sometimes post brief news that have not made it to our regular Foreign Updates and anyone will be able to ask questions about our region or engage in discussions.

So feel free to post and welcome to the TSP Live!

WEEEND UPDATE WITH KRIS KRINGLE

Hileville Resigns as MoFA

This has been an eventful week in the South Pacific. As some of you might already know, Hileville resigned as Minister of Foreign Affairs barely weeks after being elected, citing a lack of desire to continue serving in the Cabinet and constant infighting in the region. Several citizens and government officials regreted this decision, with Deputy MoFA HEM indicating: "I am sad to see this, and I hope to see your activity in TSP unfazed". Currently there is a special election underway to replace Hileville with the following citizens running for the position:
  1. HEM, who is currently Deputy Minister for Ambassadors
  2. Glen-Rhodes, who until his recent resignation was Chair of the Assembly and is currently Senior Adviser to the Delegate
  3. Arbiter08, who is Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs and Ambassador to The Rejected Realms, Wintreath, and Spiritus
To have a close look at each campaign and their development, go here: http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/forum/419-special-election-central/

Escade unveils a new flag and identity contest

Delegate Escade has announced a new flag contest as part of a larger project to strengthen TSP's identity as a region and promote activity among residents. So far two citizens have submitted several designs, though it is expected (just as in the previous contest) that several more citizens will participate. Once submissions close, there will be an Assembly discussion to narrow down the options, and the winner design will be selected from among the finalists using the new in game poll option.

To know more about the contest and follow design submissions, go here: http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/5681-tsp-flagthemeculture-redesign-contest/

That's about it for now. True enough more things have happened, like the resignation of QuietDad as Chief Justice (a special election is also underway with Belschaft and Farengeto as candidates), the pending ratification of a non-aggression treaty with Kantrias, and an Assembly discussion that would extend automatic citizenship to all nations in the region, but restricting voting rights to those who apply for membership in the legislature. Nonetheless, I think these two news are the most representatives of what is going on in the region.

Anyway, if there is more you want to know feel free to ask. I'll answer as soon as possible. :)

Well we had the original Coalition flag, then Escade won the flag contest but Bel returned to the old flag after we won the election. But really the flag contest is part of a larger project to see what we all want our identity and theme to be as a regional community. We are trying to get more activity and engagement, so perhaps a change of our culture can accomplish that.

WEEKEND UPDATE WITH KRIS KRINGLE

Glen-Rhodes Defeats HEM in the Race for MoFA

So...this has been a rather interesting week for us South Pacificans. We saw the resignation of Hileville and a special election for his successor. The race was pretty close and competitive, with the two main candidates being Glen-Rhodes and HEM. Today at 2:28PM EST Glen was declared victor, with a vote of 17-16. His campaign focused on making our relationships meaningful, strengthening our security alliances and looking into a centralised and more effective system for the distribution of foreign updates. Following his defeat, HEM said that the electorate had spoken and that in consequence he was resigning from his position as Deputy Minister for Ambassadors. We thank HEM for his dedication to the region and wish Glen the best of luck in his new position!

To know more about the election, go here: http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/5682-sandaoguo-for-minister-of-foreign-affairs/ and here: http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/5706-vote-special-election-for-minister-of-foreign-affairs/

Farengeto Defeats Belschaft in Chief Justice Race

More than one person expressed their surprised for the number of votes that newcomer Farangeto got over Belschaft. Both campaigns centered on the pending issue of judicial reform and both candidates promised to work with the Assembly to improve our judiciary. Still, it looks like voters were eager for more fresh faces in our government, and consequently voted 15-9 in favour of Farengeto. The new Chief Justice has resigned from his previous position as Deptuy Minister of Regional Affairs and is expected to meet with the Delegate to discuss judicial reform and how to address the challenges of the last draft, which was defeated before the latest general election. We thank both candidates for a good campaign and wish Farengeto the best of luck!

To know more about the election, go here: http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/5700-vote-special-election-for-chief-justice/ and here: http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/5694-farengeto-for-chief-justice/

In other news, there has been some activity in the Assembly regarding a project from Minister of the Army Southern Bellz to have separate elections for Vice Delegates, and another discussion on possible reforms to the Committee for State Security and to inform of plans to invite new high influence members. Both debates are still being discussed. Escade has also published here full agenda for the term in the Government House section, so that all citizens can know what each ministry wants to accomplish and whether by April all was in fact done.

There are some other news, so if you want to know something specific or just drop by, feel free to comment. :)

Thanks! It is indeed good to see newcomers getting involved. I do hope everything is good up here in the North?

Back