Minister of Culture
-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
I have decided to refound The Unity Party. The charter is the same and is as follows:

bannerforunityparty.png

Charter of The Unity Party:
Preamble
We, the signatories of this Charter, hereby agree to the formation of The Unity Party and to support the rights of the people, to advocate for transparency in the regional government, and to promote equality for all citizens before the law in a way that brings all sides together for constructive discussion and unity.

Article I: Principles of The Unity Party

Justice:
The Unity Party holds that all citizens of The North Pacific shall be considered equal before the law. No exceptions or leniency should be made for any citizen that commits a crime and is found guilty said crime.

Dual Citizenship:
The Unity Party holds that dual citizens should be given the same rights of any other citizen of The North Pacific and should not face discrimination of any kind. Dual citizens should have the right to choose whether to disclose information on the voting of their other representatives in other regions. This should not apply to the issue of potential voter fraud in The North Pacific and dual citizens shall be held to the same standards of other citizens in that regard.

Raiders/Defenders:
The Unity Party holds that citizens should not be discriminated on the actions that they partake in outside of The North Pacific. The Unity Party believes that citizens of The North Pacific are regional citizens first and raiders/defenders second. Raiders and defenders should not be slandered or accused of treason for their involvement in other organizations as such.

Unity:
The Unity Party advocates for the victory of reason and civil debate over accusations and distrust. The Unity Party holds that citizens should not be afraid to express their beliefs and condemns those that seek to silence them. The Unity Party condemns any belief of taking rights away from other citizens.

Article II: Membership Rights and Responsibilities
1. Members must agree to the pledge below to become a member of the Unity Party.
2. Members may subscribe to more than one party. However, the Unity Party discourages being a member to more than one party.
3. Members have one vote each and have the right to bring up resolutions and amendments to the Charter.
4. Members have the right to call for a meeting with a 48 hour notice period beforehand.
4. Members will cease to be members if one of the following happens:
  • If a member is convicted of a criminal offense by The Court of The North Pacific;
  • If a member ceases to exist or have an official representative in The North Pacific;
  • If a member resigns from the Unity Party;
  • If a member is removed from the Unity Party by a two thirds majority of the party membership

Article III: Meetings
1. Should a majority of members be active #tuptnp, a motion to begin a meeting can be called. A meeting will begin should this motion pass by a simple majority.
2. Any member can call for a meeting for Party discussion within a 48 hour notice.
3. Any official meetings will be logged and be publicly available to all citizens of The North Pacific. Should there be personal issues with certain sections, a motion for censorship can be called and passed by a simple majority. These sections will be replaced with the word [REDACTED].
4. Resolutions can be proposed by any party member and passed with a simple majority. Amendments must be posted to the forums and will be voted on in a period of seven days. Any member that does not vote in this time is considered to have abstained.

Article IV: Offices
1. The Unity Party shall have a Chairman, who has the following responsibilities:
  • Ensure the civility and flow of party meetings will remain uninterrupted;
  • Administer the voting on resolutions and amendments of the Unity Party and its charter;
  • Administer elections inside the Unity Party
2. Upon reaching a certain amount of party members, amendments on other offices of the Unity Party may be discussed.

Article V: Primaries
1. Two weeks prior to any election period, primaries for candidates on behalf of the Unity Party will take place. Those who seek to become a candidate will have 3 days to follow. This will be followed by 2 days for campaigning and finally 2 days for voting in the primaries.
2. Members who fail to vote or submit an absentee ballot will be considered to have abstained from voting.
3. Should regional emergency elections be held, an emergency Meeting will be called to pick a candidate for the vacant position by a majority vote.

Article VI: Resolutions and Amendments
1. All members have the right to submit a resolution at a meeting. All members will have the right to submit amendments to the resolutions.
2. Proposed amendments to resolutions can be accepted by a majority vote or by the acceptance of the author of the resolution.
3. Resolutions will be passed by a majority vote at meetings.
4. Amendments to the Charter of the Unity Party follow sections 1 and 2 of Article VI.
5. Amendments to the Charter of the Unity Party will have a voting period of seven days and will take place in public. Amendments will accepted by a two thirds majority.

Amendment VII: Ratification
"I, [leader of nation], on behalf of [TNP nation], hereby accept the rights and responsibilities of membership of the Unity Party. I will do my best to uphold the principles of the Unity Party and work for the greater good of the Unity Party and the region."

Code:
[IMG]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/4685/smallversionofbannerfor.png[/IMG]
smallversionofbannerfor.png

"I, President Hilley, on behalf of Guslantis, hereby accept the rights and responsibilities of membership of the Unity Party. I will do my best to uphold the principles of the Unity Party and work for the greater good of the Unity Party and the region."

Because, there were many users who wanted to join the party, including myself, so, I refounded it.

Back