What needs to be done:

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
As a whole, things are going well. The region is secure but there are a few things I would like for us to cover.

Recently in a thread on the gameplay forum, a list of influential regions was given and The North Pacific was deliberately excluded from that list. I think we should question why - and if that conclusion is correct, and if so, what we can do to change that?

Further, the influence changes require us to continue to monitor our security and allies. Sanctaria and the Security Council are doing a fine job, but I think we have a duty to compliment their efforts where possible. As such, we should acknowledge that the policy of defending/liberating GCRs from the United Defenders League has now changed to require a treaty or exceptional circumstances. We need to make sure that we have a fighting chance in all coups, and for that reason I propose that we expand upon our current relations with Lazarus and The Rejected Realms.

At this stage, I don't want us to pursue any thing further with Osiris. This is for multiple reasons that I will expand upon if you wish, but I think that we are all of the same mind on that front.

This is what I want us to work on:

Culture and Entertainment:
- Lord Ravenclaw has expressed interest to me in serving as your Deputy Minister - Might be a good choice as he is active and wants to try his hand at something different
- Lazarus would like a cultural event with us, Funkadelia is their Governor of Culture. What do you think?
- The NS World Fair will be starting on the 24th of December and we will need to work out our venue. This is probably an area that we should all collaborate on.

Foreign Affairs:
- I would like to see some diplomatic reports back from the Ambassadors
- A December/Christmas Update
- I am interested in pursuing closer relations with Lazarus and TRR

Internal Affairs:
- I'd like you to review some of the old FAQ threads and make sure that it lists all the right Ministers in the right spots >_>
- An information desk used to be maintained, it might be worth starting another one just for visibility sake
- You need to start sending a PM to new members when they join the forum, even if it is just to introduce yourself and point them to the FAQ's. I can help with the drafting of them if you need.

Communications:
- Great work on the December Wire, I've been really impressed with what you have been doing.
- With DTNP, is it possible to flesh out the stories a bit more? Mainly for the ones posted to gameplay, if you could do a few paragraphs for them I think they would get more of a response.

Defence
- How about that endo TG? :P
- I would like to see a bit more military activity, weekly would be good - how likely is this?

WA Affairs
- So far so good Aba!
- The only thing I would say is that I'd like to see your explanations fairly detailed and sent out early into the vote.
- also you mentioned resolutions that would benefit the region? Any ideas on what?

Official Ministry Response;

Thanks for the initial good job, we are aiming to strengthen that. So far we've just gotten to grips with the TGs system so that's something we will progress with. So far the bulk of resolutions to come up have been repeals so there's not a tremendous amount of critique one can throw into them, but will definitely attempt to review them more in depth and get it communicated out quicker. RL not withstanding.

In relation to resolutions benefiting the region, perhaps I explained it muddily. My plan is to get a group of individuals who may be interested in authoring resolutions, but submitting them under a nation known for example as "TNP Authors Guild" meaning no one singular individual gains credit for it but the region as a whole. Something that over time both the region and groups members can feel proud of. I havent heard much back on it yet, but if there's any way we can advertise the idea a bit more or if there's any other ministerial feedback on this I'd be happy to hear it!

Also my DM is dealing with some RL stuff, but I'm sure once they're back on side we should have no issues in formulating something awesome!

Aba.

C&E reporting in:

Raven? great. I like him, I'll contact him ASAP.

Lazarus? Well, as you probably know, Escade and I were planning a TNP-TSP RMB event. That is now delayed beacuse of a ... "secret" thing in her NS agenda. But I can use some of the ideas in a hypothetic Lazarus-TNP event. Because I personally don't feel like organising a forumside event. Requiring registration, visa, lurking to see how things work... that's no fun. I rather let forum events for citizens and envoys, and RMB (maybe including "meeting" regions created specifically for that matter) for interregional affairs.

The NS World Fair I need more info on that, didn't expect it so soon. I hope that's one of the things my DM can help me with.

Any question... just shoot away.

Awesome, McM.

The stories are made to be short- it's direct news- but I think you've got a good point. Every now and then I'll take a running story and flesh it out.

Uh, I'm thinking no January Wire because holidays. Are you with or against me? I *could* get it done but doubt I'd have much material from the region itself.

Abacathea:
Official Ministry Response;

Thanks for the initial good job, we are aiming to strengthen that. So far we've just gotten to grips with the TGs system so that's something we will progress with. So far the bulk of resolutions to come up have been repeals so there's not a tremendous amount of critique one can throw into them, but will definitely attempt to review them more in depth and get it communicated out quicker. RL not withstanding.

In relation to resolutions benefiting the region, perhaps I explained it muddily. My plan is to get a group of individuals who may be interested in authoring resolutions, but submitting them under a nation known for example as "TNP Authors Guild" meaning no one singular individual gains credit for it but the region as a whole. Something that over time both the region and groups members can feel proud of. I havent heard much back on it yet, but if there's any way we can advertise the idea a bit more or if there's any other ministerial feedback on this I'd be happy to hear it!

Also my DM is dealing with some RL stuff, but I'm sure once they're back on side we should have no issues in formulating something awesome!

Aba.

The resolution coauthor idea sounds quite interesting, has that been done before? I guess one issue may be that other WA forum goers might not like a puppet being the one introducing the resolution in the first place.

Lennart:
C&E reporting in:

Raven? great. I like him, I'll contact him ASAP.

Excellent!
Lazarus? Well, as you probably know, Escade and I were planning a TNP-TSP RMB event. That is now delayed beacuse of a ... "secret" thing in her NS agenda. But I can use some of the ideas in a hypothetic Lazarus-TNP event. Because I personally don't feel like organising a forumside event. Requiring registration, visa, lurking to see how things work... that's no fun. I rather let forum events for citizens and envoys, and RMB (maybe including "meeting" regions created specifically for that matter) for interregional affairs.

Okay - I do remember the RMB event. TSP has quite a lot going on lately, just be careful what events you transfer to the other one, we don't want people getting annoyed as TSP appraoched us about that first. I think that Lazarus might prefer a forum event, but I'm sure they will be open to what you suggest.

The NS World Fair I need more info on that, didn't expect it so soon. I hope that's one of the things my DM can help me with.

Any question... just shoot away.

Hosted by TSP, lots of regions will be attending. It will be a good opportunity for us to let people know about what TNP gets up to, and to possibly build some embassies with some new regions.

Basically from what I remember, we need to make an attendance ribbon (for people who visit out subforum) and then include some activities and information about us.

Iro:
Awesome, McM.

The stories are made to be short- it's direct news- but I think you've got a good point. Every now and then I'll take a running story and flesh it out.

Uh, I'm thinking no January Wire because holidays. Are you with or against me? I *could* get it done but doubt I'd have much material from the region itself.

Probably a good point. I guess just play it by ear and see how many articles people submit to you and what your creative flare will bring.

Wow, TSP people is getting quite ambitous lately.

On a second thought, and if Funk really prefers a forumside event, I may forget about the RMB event but I am very very jealous on TSP's regional map project so I can't assure you I won't copy that xD just kidding but I need something equally gorgeous.

I'm waiting for answers so I'm not confirming anything yet. I'll let you now in this very thread. I'll make plans for the world fair first anyway.

Have a good day everyone. And it's nice to have Aba with us!

I'm accepting Raven as my MD, if anyone has an objection why this man should not be my DM, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Defence Ministry response:

"Denizens of The North Pacific, endorse your Supreme Evil Overlord or else..." wait, that's not the right TG :P

Here we go:

"Greetings %NATION%,

In order to secure The North Pacific from invasion and increase our influence in the World Assembly, please endorse our WA Delegate [nation=short+noflag]McMasterdonia[/nation]. Should an invasion of our region occur, it is crucial that the Delegate has enough influence to eject invading nations. Endorsing McMasterdonia will help build up that influence, so please take the time to endorse him if you haven't already.

Thank you for taking the time to read this telegram, and if you are interested in further assisting our region you may join the Regional Guard to safeguard The North Pacific against invasion.

Best regards,

General Ash
Minister for Defence
The North Pacific"

Comments? Questions? Answers? Let me know how it sounds!

Regarding weekly activity in the NPA, we have reached the point now where there are several active nations that are able and willing to participate in missions. I will organize another mission this week to keep us active and trained. I will also be delegating authority to my new deputy, Parmistine. He and I will be working together to keep up activity in the NPA to train and also retain the people we've recruited.

I hope this satisfies Sanctaria's concerns. Please read and comment:

"Greetings %NATION%,

In order to secure The North Pacific from invasion and increase our influence in the World Assembly, please endorse our WA Delegate [nation=short+noflag]McMasterdonia[/nation] and Vice Delegate [nation=short+noflag]Sanctarian WA Mission[/nation]. Should an invasion of our region occur, it is crucial that the Delegate and Vice Delegate have enough influence to eject invading nations. Endorsing McMasterdonia and Sanctaria will help build up that influence, so please take the time to endorse them if you haven't already.

Thank you for taking the time to read this telegram, and if you are interested in further assisting our region you may join the Regional Guard to safeguard The North Pacific against invasion.

Best regards,

General Ash
Minister for Defence
The North Pacific"

I can send this via the mass telegram service. McM, please let me know! :)

With elections coming up and Sanctaria having stated they might not run for re-election might it be worth holding off on this? Just thinking out loud.

There's still a month to go and election time is the most crucial period for keeping the Del and VD high.

Sanctaria:
There's still a month to go and election time is the most crucial period for keeping the Del and VD high.
Sanct is correct. A lot of opportunists often try their luck around election-time. Which is rather silly seeing as that is when the Security Council generally watches the endorsement page and history 24/7.

I don't think it could hurt, security is worth it imo.

So, I am planning to release a holiday edition of the Wire with TNP christmas/holiday parodies. So far we've got:

the night before elections (night before christmas)
a christmas carol - McM as scrooge
traditional christmas story- flemingovia? as jesus?

I'm Jewish, so pipe up if there are any cultural things I've missed, or if you've got any good ideas.

McM/Sanct/DD:

British Isles has restored our embassy although it is empty.

Back