Gandalf vs Dumbledore

Archegnum

TNPer
Two powerful wizards, two different stories, and worlds apart. Gandalf, the mighty mage of Middle-Earth; and Dumbledore, principal of Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Who is the best? Consider powers, characteristics, foes, skills and history. Let battle commence! :w00t:

Merlin ftw xD

If I have to choose between those two who never existed (yes, implying Merlin really did) then I'll say Gandalf. More bad ass

I don't see Dumbledore coming back from the dead. Isn't Gandalf a god-like being inhabiting an earthly form? Gandalf is obviously the most powerful of the two.

I think Gandalf is basically an angel in human form. In Tolkein's world there were two orders of angelic beings; the Valar, who ruled Arda; and the Maiar, their servants and helpers. Gandalf, along with Saruman, Radagast, Alatar and Pallando (a.k.a. Wizards/Istari), were Maiar beings sent to Middle-Earth to help the faithful Men and Elves.

Dumbledore seems to be just some dude in a dressing-gown with a magic stick. He still seems powerful though.

Back