TNPer
-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
Discord
sanctaria
Mr. Speaker,

The Security Council has voted to approve Lennart's (Avalon) application. As such I motion the following

1. The Regional Assembly does admit Lennart to the Security Council.

Do I have a second?

As I have said in the public chambers of the Security Council I fully support Lennart for the SC and I hope that the RA will agree to admit him to the ranks of the Security Council.

IS there to be no debate, then? 24 hours is a hell of a short debate period.

I for one know little about Lennart, and would like to know what people know of him to make them so ready to endorse his membership of the SC.

If you feel the need to debate as to whether Lennart is qualified to hold a position on the Security Council you are able and welcome to do so while the motion is at vote, there are another four days in which such debate may be had, if you see it fit.

flemingovia:
IS there to be no debate, then? 24 hours is a hell of a short debate period.

I for one know little about Lennart, and would like to know what people know of him to make them so ready to endorse his membership of the SC.
Yeah, even though I'm very happy about the trust and support, I expected a little bit of a debate.

Anyway, I'll be here to answer any question you may have.

I thought I'd get this ball rolling.

Lennart, how long have you been a resident of The North Pacific? How long do you intend to remain a resident? How active do you see yourself in six months or a year? Do you consider TNP your home? On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely do you see yourself couping the region?

Thanks, Ash.

how long have you been a resident of The North Pacific?

Since August 12, 2012 (foundation of Ehlnar). Registered in these forums since October 10, 2012.

How long do you intend to remain a resident?

Forever.

How active do you see yourself in six months or a year?

If RL things go as planned, the level of activity will be similar as it is right now. Three months from now I'll be moving to the UK, but this shouldn't be a problem at all. I'd let you know otherwise.

Do you consider TNP your home?

Yes.

I have been a citizen and congressman (or equivalent) in various regions and retain that status in the CoC (Nation: Anglia) and in the DSA (Nation: Free Canary Islands), but just because that status is not lost due to inactivity but only by opting out. I'm becoming more and more a TNP regionalist.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely do you see yourself couping the region?

1. I don't think that will be fun at all. And fun it's mostly why I play Nationstates after all, that and learning English.

Being a TNP regionalist is essential to being a Security Council member. Thank you for your answers, Lennart.

Former English Colony:
Why should we trust you not to attempt to coup the region once you are allowed to accrue high levels of endos, especially given the recent rule changes in regards to influence?
A good one. This is about trust, something that's supposedly earned over time and commitment to the region.

I admit time is not on my side, as I've been a little bit more than a year in TNP (which is much more than the average NS player achieves in any region anyway), but the rule changes you mention along with the shrinking list of the SC are the main reasons why I want to speed up things in the first place.

As for commitment, activity and service, I think there's no doubt TNP has become my NS home, I'm one of the most active nations out there and there's no other organization, order or region I could be linked to that's in any way confronted with TNP. In fact, besides a couple of friends I TG regularly, I have almost no NS life out of TNP, and couping it would mean my NS suicide. I'm here almost everyday, I fully disclose my movements and accounts if needed. I'm a voluntary endorser for the NPA endorsing program... It wouldn't be such a big mistake to say that I "play TNP" instead of NS.

Feel free to ask deeper into the matter if this answer doesn't suffice, but trust is something very difficult to measure in NS terms.

It wouldn't be such a big mistake to say that I "play TNP" instead of NS.

:yes:

This is the attitude that I have held for my years here, and despite your relative youth, I recognized the same in you. I am willing to put my trust in you because you are a rarity in your commitment to this region.

I agree with DD.

Lennart has always prioritized TNP and our security. He has constantly maintained a high level of endorsements and has always been very accommodating with the needs of the SC and during transitions.

He had two nations in the region at one point, both with significant levels of influence (as I had asked him to return the first one to TNP when he had moved it), unfortunately with the influence changes that won't matter much now, but it shows his dedication to our security in my opinion.

He has not given me a reason to doubt him.

Thanks everyone.

McMasterdonia:
... He had two nations in the region at one point, both with significant levels of influence...

Regarding my other nation (Ehlnar), it has a current SPDR of 239 and dropping, but it seems to drop a point each passing day, so its influence can be relatively important for some time. Of course, that account would be at TNP's disposal, I wouldn't mind to give it away to a legitimate Del. or VD, if crap hits the fan.

Back