Hello

Nickname(s)?: Call me whatever you like. In other areas of NS I tend to be known as "Gruen" or "Quod"/"QoD".
Main Nation?: Depends what you mean by "main". My original nation is Golgothastan (Balder). My most recognisable nations were Gruenberg (Antarctic Oasis) and Quintessence of Dust (Wysteria). My WA nation is The Dark Star Republic (International Democratic Union). My TNP nation is Acoustic Siberia, and I have another puppet here called New Buffalostan. I have had a North Pacific puppet before, many years ago on what I think were Invision forums, but I honestly can't remember its name and I didn't post much anyway.
RL Country?: UK
Favourite Colour(s)?: The colour of her hair
Do you use IRC?: Infrequently. I can never find any active NS channels so I rarely bother.
Political Ideology? Liberal, Conservative, Anarchist, do you care?: 99.9% apathetic, 0.1% democratic centrist.
Do you enjoy Roleplay or forum games?: I like "nation building" types of roleplay, and I like the World Assembly roleplay that NationStates offers. I have a strong dislike for forum games, but posting the occasional "I am currently listening to..." probably won't kill me.

Also: hi.

Edit: I'm terribly sorry. It turns out I do have a very old account here, from Feb 06. I had no idea! Well, the nation it is attached to is no longer extant and I would have no idea what the password would be anyway, so hopefully it's ok for me to continue using this account. No subterfuge was intended, apologies.

I had a few puppets in the IDU a long time ago, and then in 2006 I put my then main nation, Quintessence of Dust, in. Grosseschnauzer, who I know has been involved in TNP in the past, was around at that time. However, we had some arguments (over, I have to admit, the repeal of a resolution by someone from TNP, Hersfold) and so I left for Wysteria. I later became delegate and served up until the "Commend and Condemn" categories were introduced and the "Security Council" founded, at which point I resigned from the WA. When "Commend Wysteria" was proposed, I had to leave the region, and I drifted out of the game. That was 2010ish. I recently returned, and put my new WA nation, The Dark Star Republic, into IDU.

So the answer to your question is either 7 years, or a few weeks, depending on the perspective.

It is fine for you to use this account. Obviously, only one account may hold citizenship or be in the Regional Assembly.

Welcome to the forums.

So you're strongly against commends & condemns, but you later rejoined the WA?

Also since you were in Wysteria, do you know the Grendels? That is the only nation I remember from my first NS stint, as I wasn't involved in any roleplay, the UN, regional politics or the R/D game, I stayed away from all of that until 2012.

What is the postal code of your country in the IDU? Are they still using that system?

Chasmanthe:
So you're strongly against commends & condemns, but you later rejoined the WA?

Also since you were in Wysteria, do you know the Grendels? That is the only nation I remember from my first NS stint, as I wasn't involved in any roleplay, the UN, regional politics or the R/D game, I stayed away from all of that until 2012.

What is the postal code of your country in the IDU? Are they still using that system?
Yes, exactly, I despise the Security Council and everything about it, but the WA is the main bit of the game that I enjoy, so I had to bite the bullet really.

I knew Grendels a bit. I mean, we did an "embassy exchange", and exchanged the odd TG, but he wasn't in the UN/WA, and I wasn't a top ranked economic nation, so our paths didn't cross much. I doubt he would remember me, but it was quite reassuring to return to the game and see his wolf flag still running at the top of the World Census update.

I don't have a current code; my old one was IDQD, and I guess my new one would be IDDS, but the region isn't very active or anything so it hasn't come up.

And hi FEC.

Back