Map based RP Rules

Lennart

TNPer
Map based Role Play RULES

*******​

This is a guide on how to modify the regional map borders by roleplaying them. This guide contains excerpts of Scandigrad and Voronia ideas and part of the credit on this works is for them (Scandi, we miss you, friend). This is my first try to make map RPing more consistent and fun. Regardless of what we are talking here, land will keep being granted for new nations asking for it in the "want to be added to the map?" thread.

It also features a couple of Neutral factions you can interact to from now on.

And now the FAQs:

I want to go to war with someone. Can I just make a roleplay and invade them?

While you can do this, it is bad etiquette. I strongly encourage you to at least inform and gain consent from the opposing party before declaring war. I won't acknowledge godmods.

On the note of wars and conflicts, I also expect abidance with the laws of nature and common sense.

Can I claim blank land on the map?

The short answer is yes, but I do have a few rules. First off, you must be able to justify this claim via roleplay. Not "just cuz". Second off, this claim must be of reasonable size. I have these limitations to prevent nations from claiming the whole map. I want room for new guys as well. Third off, you will have to deal with Neutral factions

Who are those Neutral factions? Are they countries?

I've created 4 Neutral factions, but they are not countries as you know them, they're more like cultures or tribes and whatnot. These 4 Neutral people are only ideas and they can change with time. Their current names are: the Warring Eskimo Tribes, the Post-Autocratic States, the Religious Nomads and the Merchant City-States. They're also the default cultures which takes control of a land that a TNP nation leaves behind when CTEs

map:

2jba3qr.png

Warring Eskimo Tribes

Warring Eskimoes are aboriginal Northeastern North-Pacificans, struggling to survive in their ice-cold countries. Ever since other North-Pacifican Nations began their expansion, Warring Eskimoes swore to resist and never surrender.

They know no peace, when they aren't rejecting other North-Pacificans they're fighting each other because of the minerals or other resources like fish, or killing baby seals.

They use outdated Russian equipment and cheap, homemade or stolen weaponry. They are terrific using guerrilla tactics, though.

Post-Autocratic States

These countries were once ruled with an iron fist by cruel dictators. They had their revolutions and their winning parties and armies seized the means of production... But, shortly after, they also seized everything else. Right after that, they became somewhat free market societies in which inequality, corruption and poverty is unbearable.

They live in constant social tension and like to show their military power in parades and lame youtube videos, but on the long run, they're not a threat to TNP at all, just poor people trying to live or escape from that hell.

They have an impressive manpower and highly honoured commanders, but their armies are mostly infantry.

Religious Nomads

They have been living in TNP for some decades, since they came from whatever Region we got due West (TWP maybe?), and keep moving East and North with their livestock and their families. They're deeply religious people and their history is riddled with holy wars. Using similar weapons as TNP Eskimoes do, Nomads are more likely to keep peace amongst their tribes, so they won't turn against each other so easily.

They seem to like to fight on horse, motorcycles and pickup trucks.

Merchant City-States

The rest of the Neutral land is a giant puzzle made of hundreds of cities and territories that once belonged to huge empires, but now have secede one from another, and each one with its alliances and rivalries. Their primary concern is business, in a free market capitalistic way, and their oligarchic governments (mostly Republics and Principalities, but also Duchies, Kingdoms, etc.) are between the most opulent in the Region.

Their armies are well equiped and fairly trained, their troops are considerably experienced and generally have a good aircraft and navy. Their only downside it's numbers, thus they rarely fight a war alone, but as a part of an alliance.

What can you do and what can you not do to/with Neutral Factions?

You can do almost anything you can do with a human player but in a different way. Consider them like Non Playing Characters from a videogame. You may trade with them if "human" nations around you just don't feel like it, you may establish diplomatic relations with them, and... Yes, you can invade them or fight them. BUT keep it realistic. The ideal thing though is them to be spice in our soup, they can simply be in the background while some other thing is happening.

How can a Non Player faction... do Stuff?

Three options: 1. You make up the whole thing, 2. I, personally, take the role of the Neutral faction. And 3 (thanks Voro, I'm pasting your idea) category RP'ers could always agree to play as NPC's for each other. For instance, if I wanted to RP taking over some merchant city-states, I could get one or more interested RP'ers to RP as them.

I recommend you go for 1 if you're not thinking about big scale war, but telling a good story and letting other human players participate.

What tech period is the 'official map' on?

The official map is on modern (1985-Present) tech.

How realistic do roleplays have to be?

I strive for realism, but I understand that some people just aren't huge on in depth realism. None the less, I expect abidance to the laws of nature. No nation is perfect, and no nation has fifty million soldiers. Your statistics, at the very least, should be realistic. Feel free to consolidate me on this matter.

Where is this map?

Click here: The North Pacific map

Do you have a compilation thread for all factbooks?

We're working on it. We encourage all RPing nations to add a link to their factbook for quick reference.

Factbook Compilation Thread

Active conflicts: None at this time.

Current negotiations: None at this time.

Current alliances: None at this time.

Prolonged points of conflict: None at this time.

Current Regional fair: Voronia 2013

Thelord444:
I like it but i dont get the main idea, is this a RP of its own or what?
If I may, this map is going to be the basis for a persistent RP environment, or world. In which participants may create their own RP's, but with a consistent back-story.

Voronia:
Thelord444:
If I may, this map is going to be the basis for a persistent RP environment, or world. In which participants may create their own RP's, but with a consistent back-story.
Ok great i was looking for a map RP i hope we get enough people.

Voronia:
Thelord444:
Exactly that. But even more ideas will be added. Just make your suggestions.

It is also a place where RP happenings are "immediately" updated, so whoever manages the Official map for newly registered nations, knows which lans are in dispute and don't offer those to new users.

Lord Nwahs:
Archegnum:
Where are map-related RPs actually 'published'?
All RPs of the military border tension variety go down at the National RolePlay forum: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/forum/3024522/ and all RPs of the sorting out borders diplomatically variety go down at the Negotiations forum: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/forum/3024523/. Ultimately, the discretion of where to place the map-related RP lies with the RPer.
So, if I wanted to claim more unclaimed land (due to its geographical location), I would post the request on 'Want to be added to the map?' and then RP it in either of the forums you mentioned depending on whether I have to fight the NPCs or not?

Archegnum:
Lord Nwahs:
Archegnum:
Where are map-related RPs actually 'published'?
All RPs of the military border tension variety go down at the National RolePlay forum: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/forum/3024522/ and all RPs of the sorting out borders diplomatically variety go down at the Negotiations forum: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/forum/3024523/. Ultimately, the discretion of where to place the map-related RP lies with the RPer.
So, if I wanted to claim more unclaimed land (due to its geographical location), I would post the request on 'Want to be added to the map?' and then RP it in either of the forums you mentioned depending on whether I have to fight the NPCs or not?
That sounds like a cool idea. I'm trying to get someone to do the 'editing map' job for me right now, but you can always start an RP on that on the National RolePlay forum.

Back