The Minister for Justice

Gracius Maximus:
Mall:
Gracius Maximus:
Mall:
Alternatively you can keep calling them idiots for not knowing what you have thus far refused to tell them. I'm running on a campaign of common sense and transparency. You are running on a campaign of "nothing has changed" and utter inflexibility.
If a member of the RA posts in their signature that they support the Constitution/Legal Code/Bill of Rights and then vote for someone that states that they will intentionally ignore those things then they are ignorant insofar as I can determine. Ignorant is not the same as stupid.

I am transparent. Everyone that deals with me knows up front exactly what they get. I am an asshole, and an arrogant son of a bitch. But I get things done.

I have not once said that nothing has changed (aside from the initial comment in which I am referring to myself, not the machine - if this is what you refer to then it is a comprehension issue, in which I can not assist you) and everything is good with the TNP legal system. What I have stated is that I can work within the confines of the law to deliver direct and succinct judgement without the need to circumvent that which I would take an oath to protect.

You, conversely, have perverted the very idea of "justice" by claiming that the written law can be ignored at whim. This will lead to error and inequitable determinations.
To acknowledge that the law which you will swear to uphold is flawed, and then contend that perfectly equitable judgments can be derived from those flawed laws without using independent judgment to counter those flaws is a contradiction.

I obviously was not around during your previous tenures in TNP, I know little of you besides your stint as Delegate, your recent activities in Osiris, and what Flem has just told me. However the voters of TNP also know that I am an individual who sticks to his campaign promises, and I have promised to tale actions which will to seek to produce that which is best for the region in all cases, no matter what the Constibillicode might require. You cannot make such a claim.
First, I have no recent activities in Osiris. I have no idea what you are referring to.

Second, no law is perfect. Every judgement would be made with the knowledge of that imperfection but would not seek to ignore it because it is so. Perfectly equitable judgements within the confines of the law are possible and have been realized in the past. It is simply a failing of recent Courts that such judgements have not been realized to your satisfaction. No contradiction exists.

Conversely, for you to post up an oath of office after this election would be a contradiction because you have explicitly stated that you will not uphold the law.
I was referring to accusations which seem to have fizzled out regarding the coup in Osiris. I don't know if you were involved since I wasn't, but I do know that you are aware of the accusations. They cost you the election last time around according to you. It is one of the few things I know about you (the incident in its entirety, I am not necessarily stating that you did what some accused you of).

If no law is perfect, and all judgments must be based off of laws, then no judgments will be perfect. To seek perfection is certainly to invite failure. I hope that you will not claim divine infallibility, since Flem kindly pointed out we lack such omniscience.

Finally I will do what TNP asks me to do. I would rather do what the democratic majority of TNP's RA approves of rather than see myself do what I know is wrong, harming TNP in the process, merely to uphold a broken Constibillicode. Contradiction? No.

It's quite interesting that a lot of the old timers Flem, GBM, etc are voting for you, while quite a few people who do very little other than vote or chat on IRC are voting for Mall. Makes me wonder what the results would be if Mall didn't have people campaigning on his behalf, or alternatively, you had someone campaigning and "reminding" people to vote.

mcmasterdonia:
It's quite interesting that a lot of the old timers Flem, GBM, etc are voting for you, while quite a few people who do very little other than vote or chat on IRC are voting for Mall. Makes me wonder what the results would be if Mall didn't have people campaigning on his behalf, or alternatively, you had someone campaigning and "reminding" people to vote.
There is some truth to your statement, but for clarity's sake I have also received votes from multiple respectable members of the current government. If Ivan had not expressed his distaste for having an dialogue with the voters, perhaps things would not stand they way they currently do.

Mall:
mcmasterdonia:
There is some truth to your statement, but for clarity's sake I have also received votes from multiple respectable members of the current government. If Ivan had not expressed his distaste for having an dialogue with the voters, perhaps things would not stand they way they currently do.
Or perhaps those members of government that voted for you were voting against me, or more specifically, for the current status quo on the Court. It is possible that some would find my opinions to be too straight forward and my personality too overbearing and that my placement on the Court would offset the current balance, whereas you being placed on the Court will not since you are likely to go along with whatever opinion is placed before you.

Not that anyone specifically stated that to me in a private message or anything... ;)

Either way, congratulations. I look forward to you ignoring the law in your decisions.

Gracius Maximus:
punk d:
There's just something not right with Roman and GM on the same page. Thank you's and compliments on GM's sense of humor.

It's creeping me out.

For you young kids, just check out some of these ancient and classic threads:

http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_North_Pacific/index.php?showtopic=3856

http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_North_Pacific/index.php?showtopic=4171
Romanoffia seems to have seen the error of his ways in recent years.

Too bad so many others haven't (based upon the vote). I have lost votes that I held last round. It is a shame. I'm active, capable and somewhat knowledgeable and have held the role twice since the events of 2005 and yet I can't seem to get it.

Oh well. I can take the hint. IRC spammers will always win out over intellect in TNP.
Actually, times have changed. People have changed. God forbid that everyone and everything remain static and nothing changes.

All that aside, I think GM would make a good justice because he's one tough bastard. I like tough bastards regardless of what side they have been on in the past. I especially have an affinity for people who can be as stubborn and tenacious as I can be, and, mainly because I can understand them and hence can work with them precisely because I understand them. This becomes more the state when I know they will adjudicate the law precisely and in the spirit of the law.

Mushy people give me the willies. GM is not mushy. You always know where he stands. :2c:

Gracius Maximus:
Mall:
mcmasterdonia:
Or perhaps those members of government that voted for you were voting against me, or more specifically, for the current status quo on the Court. It is possible that some would find my opinions to be too straight forward and my personality too overbearing and that my placement on the Court would offset the current balance, whereas you being placed on the Court will not since you are likely to go along with whatever opinion is placed before you.

Not that anyone specifically stated that to me in a private message or anything... ;)

Either way, congratulations. I look forward to you ignoring the law in your decisions.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I appreciate the congratulations, although the election is not finished yet. Your surge in the initial election certainly came as a surprise, I won't count my oath violations until they hatch. Or something.

Back