Recall of Blue Wolf as Attorney General

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
the last recall attempt by me was a joke. This one is not.

one of the problems in our legal system is that there are a few pinch-points which have the potential to bring the whole court system to a halt. one such pinch-point is the activity of the Attorney General.

Blue Wolf has done bugger all in office. he did bugger all in his campaign, and there is not sign that he his ever going to get off his arse. We need a new incumbent.

I hereby propose to the Regional Assembly the recall of Blue Wolf. We simply cannot afford to have an inactive AG.

I support this.

I understand BW is busy IRL, and while RL > NS, that doesn't mean all legal business in TNP should come to a standstill. The next Judicial Election is not until November, that's a considerable length time from now to be doing nothing.

I'd like for BW to have done his duty, as I do believe I voted for him, and I have to say I'm disappointed. Alas.

I would rather have a government official say, "Sorry, guys RL is crazy. I'm going to have to step down." Or better yet, do what COE did and leave a competent assistant in charge during his absence. It shows responsibility for the role the official has assumed and consideration for his region-mates.

Sadly, BW has done neither and we have to go through the recall process then another election.

punk d:
King Durk the Awesome:
Against. I think he's been doing a fine job.
Is there any other NS'ers who has a laughter quotient as high as JAL?

hilarious.
Possibly me. :lol:

Judge hat off: I find it quite annoying that justices get reamed out because an AG (over which the justices have no control) doesn't do their job, intentionally or otherwise.

Judge hat on: there is a simple solution to this type of problem in the future and I have suggested it before, but that is O/T.

Unfortunately, I also support this motion.

The AG has a tough job but from what I can tell, aside from post a couple of times proclaiming he will look into things... there has been no progress.

Since I will have free time in November I will consider running then if there has been no progress on ongoing trials.

It is deliciously ironic that the person proposing a recall of a candidate for inactivity is the one who ran for the same office last election on a platform of inactivity.

Could the speaker remind us what the constaytooshun and other laws dictate to us should be the timetable and procedure for the passage of this recall?

Or will BW be deemed to have vacated office before we are permitted to continue?

mcmasterdonia:
We need 1/10 approval. So six or seven people (I think) need to support it. I think that support has been demonstrated.
That's only if I decide not to bring it to vote. If this is moved and seconded, a vote will be open per my standing procedures.

Quicker solution, and a more effective one -

Just pass a law that permits the RA to demand an emergency replacement for the AG from either the Delegate or Court if the AG is AWOL.

But recalls, though agonizingly slow, can be fun.

Romanoffia:

Just pass a law that permits the RA to demand an emergency replacement for the AG from either the Delegate or Court if the AG is AWOL.

That makes a lot of sense, Roman, but then recalls are worth diddly. 1) how do we protect that the emergency replacement is only during AWOL, and 2) what prevents your concept from applying to every other government official?

SillyString:
It is deliciously ironic that the person proposing a recall of a candidate for inactivity is the one who ran for the same office last election on a platform of inactivity.
:agree: except perhaps I don't quite appreciate how delicious it is... to me it tastes merely ironic

Romanoffia:

Y'know, ideas like this would go a lot farther if the person tossing them out were to actually draft a proposal. :P

Some people germinate ideas differently, Silly.

Some people come up with a template and throw it out to be scrutinized.

Others throw things out much earlier in the process to see if there is support for the concept before tossing out a draft.

To me, it's potAto potato. However, not everyone is the same and I'd dare say Roman is in the camp of those who like to throw bombs ideas and discuss the concepts. :P

As for Roman's idea - I don't believe any case is as pressing as to need an emergency AG. I think a special election or deputies could handle cases sufficiently and timely. I doubt any justice would dismiss a case if the AG was removed from office and the court felt it would unduly harm the defendant to wait for a new AG.

Who wants to be AG if this recall passes?

Blue Wolf is fulfilling his campaign promises much better than I could have done. It will be interesting to see if Flem and Iro run on the same platforms as they did last time. In which case we would have to choose between the Flem the advocate of inactivity, or Iro, whom Flem describes as a pillock (although that might be just a joke)

punk d:
Some people germinate ideas differently, Silly.

Some people come up with a template and throw it out to be scrutinized.

Others throw things out much earlier in the process to see if there is support for the concept before tossing out a draft.

To me, it's potAto potato. However, not everyone is the same and I'd dare say Roman is in the camp of those who like to throw bombs ideas and discuss the concepts. :P
That's true. On the other hand, it's not infrequent that good ideas are brought up, discussed, and generally agreed to be on the right track... and subsequently lost because nobody bothers to actually write them. And then six months later someone realizes that particular issue is still open, and the whole thing starts over from the top. :P

Back