Trans Pacific Teamspeak

Hobbes

TNPer
o/ The North Pacific!

Just thought I should enlighten you all that I have made the previously TEP-only Teamspeak 3 server available for all the Pacifics.

What is Teamspeak 3?

Teamspeak 3 is a free application that is much like IRC but is far more secure, supports full voice chat, and more. Heres some of the major perks:

• Your IP isnt visible for EVERYONE to see like IRC
  • Theres a advanced channel and channel locking system- No leaks on military operations.
  • Supports BOTH IRC like chatting and voice communications
  • Advanced server and group permissions sort of like the forums.
  • Hosted by us for us, No 3rd party like IRC.
  • Far more secure.
  • And more!

I am not going to rage at people for using it, so feel free to use it or not use it, You can download it here: http://www.teamspeak...page=teamspeak3

The server IP for our teamspeak is: 84.200.83.65:9988

As of now each Pacific only has basic channels, (Discussion, Government, Military ops), I can add more at Delegates request and delegates will be givin limited admin power.

For better cooroperation between all of our governments and good will,

Hobbes

IRC is easier to access, and requires no downloading or hosting. It's ease of use and universality are it's selling points.

It's up to you whether you use it or not, but IRC is 90's tech,extremely insecure, and just generally old.

If I wanted too, I could go on IRC right now, get your IP and backdoor your router and knock your net offline within 3-4 minutes, I for one don't want it a possability, especiually when on military operations when knocking the leaders net offline could cripple the entire operation and worse, which is why I personally and a lot of people prefer teamspeak, or even skype.

I could see your download arguement even a few years ago, but the internet is generally so accessable that most people can download teamspeak in a few seconds, if not minutes, so its not really that much of a hassle.

TP and TEP use it as of now and TWP is showing interest, if you guys want to use it or not us up to you, The doors open and the lights on :).

And as for belshaft(Not looking at your name so I probably spelled that wrong) the hosting is its selling point. We can do pratically anything with it and we own it, theres no 3rd party involved.

Hobbes:
If I wanted too, I could go on IRC right now, get your IP and backdoor your router and knock your net offline within 3-4 minutes, I for one don't want it a possability, especiually when on military operations when knocking the leaders net offline could cripple the entire operation and worse, which is why I personally and a lot of people prefer teamspeak, or even skype.
But that kind of attack is possible simply by existing on the internet - Anyone vulnerable to that attack is just as vulnerable merely by, say, posting on this forum.

Plus - it's hosted by TEP.

I have my own two server IRC network which doesn't show IPs to anyone except IRCops.

I have offered it's use to TNP numerous times with no response so needless to say I doubt an outsider is going to have any more luck.

I use teamspeak all of the time for many functions. It's incredibly easy to use, secure, and generally fun. IRC is quite boring and a stale way of communicating. Also, I and many other people had to download IRC clients to access the IRC. Downloading teamspeak is not some 3 hour project as you all seem to suggest. As long as you have some sort of microphone (which most people have), teamspeak is just as easy to use as the IRC.

Kiwi:
Plus - it's hosted by TEP.

I have my own two server IRC network which doesn't show IPs to anyone except IRCops.

I have offered it's use to TNP numerous times with no response so needless to say I doubt an outsider is going to have any more luck.
It's not hosted by TEP, I host it myself and its free for all pacifics to use.

But yeah,its a matter of opinion so if you want to use it or not is up to you

Just regarding Server Admin, would you be the only one? Would Feeders get to keep any individuality in who the operators of the channel are?
You know, not everyone wants to jump on this "GCR's United Against the World" mass. Especially considering that a lot of the GCR's are currently not in the best relations.

Furthermore, how would you decide who can and who can't be on this server? There's a lot of people banned from certain GCR's but totally free in others.

Tim:
Just regarding Server Admin, would you be the only one? Would Feeders get to keep any individuality in who the operators of the channel are?
You know, not everyone wants to jump on this "GCR's United Against the World" mass. Especially considering that a lot of the GCR's are currently not in the best relations.

Furthermore, how would you decide who can and who can't be on this server? There's a lot of people banned from certain GCR's but totally free in others.
A good question:

I have the ability to appoint the people delegates want to have admin powers over that GCR's channels and that GCR's channels alone, as well Delegates(Or who delegates appoint as their 'Local Teamspeak Admin') can add more channels to make their channels more "Unique", and appoint citizens of their P to the appropriate 'Citizen' group.

And people who have admin within their GCR's channels can kick people out of those respective channels, and set locks on channels so people they don't want cant get in, Global Teamspeak bans will only be issued in respect of mass trolling/threatening to hack/ect, or if all the Pacifics participating agree said person needs to go (Which is unlikely, yet possible)

There is a 'teamspeak admin' rank, but as of now I have none, the issue is (especiaully in a joint-region teamspeak like this) is finding trustworthy and unbiased people for it, and especiually with "local admins" that can be set for a particular GCR, I don't think i'll be adding any true "admins" unless there is a dier need for them.

As for the "GCR's against the world" deal, I don't really plan on accomplishing that, I'd be a idiot of that was my goal because its not going to happen anytime soon, One of my side-goals however is increasing some diplomatic relations.

Have you considered the possibility that people may not want to hand over control of their communications to a third party? Especially our secure communications.

Interesting idea. I'm not great with technology and things and IRC is simple enough for me to use, I'm not sure if I will be on teamspeak :P

Belschaft:
Have you considered the possibility that people may not want to hand over control of their communications to a third party? Especially our secure communications.
IRC gives you more control?

Like I said,if you want to use it or not is entirely up to you, but Teamspeak can't record voice communications without me physically being in the channel recording, so the idea of me NSA-style snooping into your records isnt well founded,if thats what you are getting at.

Hobbes:
Does this attack option include those of us with an IP address that traces to a park in the middle of Downtown?

Reginald Carmichael:
Hobbes:
Does this attack option include those of us with an IP address that traces to a park in the middle of Downtown?
In theory, yes, if its on wifi yes, someone could (Again in theory,depends on specifics) knock it offline.

Back