[Complete]Defeated: Condemn The New Inquisition [Complete]

Cove

TNPer
SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION AT VOTE

Condemn The New Inquisition
A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation

Nominee: The New Inquisition

Proposed by: Strapped up Nina

Description: The Security Council,

SADDENED by the destruction of regions and their communities conducted by The New Inquisition, such as in North Atlantic, Concosia, and Valhalla, and their assistance in the near destruction of other regions such as Region of Reunited Muslim States, Free Thought, Stargate;

DISGUSTED by the frequent falsifications used to justify the actions of The New Inquisition, such as the illegitimate claim to sovereignty over the region Valhalla;

SHOCKED that the New Inquisition innvaded The Rejected Realms, which is one of the oldest, largest regions in the game,

ASTONISHED by the actions of The New Inquisition and satellite region Balder, as well as other regions, where they seized control and engaged in political misdeeds to solidify their stronghold over the region;

NOTING that The New Inquisition is a chief promoter of the insidious disease of imperialism and must be fought against at all costs, as it promotes the violation of regional sovereignty;

BELIEVING that The New Inquisition is a parasitic region who's very existence is detrimental to the health of the international community;

HEREBY Condemns The New Inquisition.

Please vote below.

Democratic Donkeys:
For. I really did not need 4 telegrams about this issue. For out of spite.
Quite.

For future reference guys, if you go into your settings and go to Telegram Preferences, you can block WA telegrams coming through to you, because they're supposed to use a WA tag. Any that doesn't, you can report as spam.

3/4 telegrams on the issue is quite ridiculous for ordinary WA members.

I'm Against this, btw.

Not voting here, but I would like to point out that the proposal's author (or his sidekick) initiated the mass campaign to all WA nations. Once that had been done, that really didn't leave The New Inquisition much alternative if they wanted to effectively combat the proposal and not just sit back and allow themselves to be condemned by uninformed WA voters who only knew one side of the story.

If you want to blame someone for the mass campaign spam, blame [violet]. It's not like anyone couldn't see this coming a mile away when stamps were announced. It seems silly to punish TNI for a campaign that was actually initiated by the proposal's author through the use of a new feature NS admins deliberately created to be this spammy so they could rake in the dough.

Cormac Stark:
Not voting here, but I would like to point out that the proposal's author (or his sidekick) initiated the mass campaign to all WA nations. Once that had been done, that really didn't leave The New Inquisition much alternative if they wanted to effectively combat the proposal and not just sit back and allow themselves to be condemned by uninformed WA voters who only knew one side of the story.

If you want to blame someone for the mass campaign spam, blame [violet]. It's not like anyone couldn't see this coming a mile away when stamps were announced. It seems silly to punish TNI for a campaign that was actually initiated by the proposal's author through the use of a new feature NS admins deliberately created to be this spammy so they could rake in the dough.
This isn't the place for your crusade against the new TG system, Cormac.

Sanctaria:
I'm not the one who brought up the TG system, Sanctaria. Whatever short term memory loss you may have experienced, it was brought up by Democratic Donkeys as a reason to vote for this proposal "out of spite," and I was pointing out that the proposal's author was the first to decide to mass TG all WA nations -- and that this isn't exactly a surprising development.

Cormac Stark:
Sanctaria:
I'm not the one who brought up the TG system, Sanctaria. Whatever short term memory loss you may have experienced, it was brought up by Democratic Donkeys as a reason to vote for this proposal "out of spite," and I was pointing out that the proposal's author was the first to decide to mass TG all WA nations -- and that this isn't exactly a surprising development.
You're not voting, and your response was only to further continue and expand on the TG complaint.

This thread is for voting on and debating of the current SC resolution, it's not for debating the merits and/or failings of the TG system, which the latter part of your second paragraph decided to touch on.

If you want to discuss the spammy aspects of the new system and how that's adversely affecting the game, that's fine, but not in the WA forums, and especially not in a voting thread.

Thanks.

Like it or not, the mass TGs are an issue affecting this resolution. DD is not the only one who has registered his displeasure. It does bear some scrutiny when the methods used to raise awareness of an issue overshadow the merits (or lack thereof) of a particular resolution.

TGs do not annoy me. I compare it to election season, when my mailbox is filled with political flyers. I would never vote for or against a candidate or issue because of the marketing campaign surrounding it. Why, I even get periodic emails from Barack and Michelle Obama. Of course, they think my name is "Jonas Sakalas." But still, it's nice to feel chummy with the POTUS. Didn't affect my vote one way or another.

However, I can see how someone could be seriously bothered by it. In fact, I wonder how long before mass TGs are sent out looking like they were paid for by the other side. hmmmm...

Voting AGAINST for the spelling error.

They effect every resolution, not just this one.

The benefits or failings of the TG system is worth a debate, yes. Is the place for that debate in the voting thread of a WA resolution? Not really, no.

I initially told Cormac that this was not the place to avert a threadjack on the debate of whether the implementation of the TG system was a help or a hindrance. That threadjack has already happened. This is less than pleasing.

These voting threads should be used to either vote or debate the merits of the resolution. Going into the TG system is neither of those things. If you want to debate the system, which by all means you are not discouraged to do, please do it elsewhere.

It is true that I got several telegrams in response to the one I sent out. A great deal of nations said that they would vote against based on my recommendation. However there were a few that told me that they would vote in favour if they received another telegram. "Amongst The North Pacific residents, voting is currently 39-170 (81% Against)."

I voted against this based on it's description of Balder as a satellite region, as well as the fact that the resolution was filled with errors and authored by someone who had used an anonymous nation trying to hide that they were the true author (at least that is my assumption of what occurred). I think this proposal would have reflected negatively on TNP if the Delegate had voted in favour. We would be approving a treaty that condemns a region that we recently ratified a treaty with as being a satellite state.

@Sanctaria: I suppose I should not have brought up the spelling error, as proper spelling, usage and grammar are matters that affect all resolutions, not just this one. :P

You know exactly what I mean, there's no need to be facetious.

Alas, I originally intervened to attempt to stop a threadjack, which ended up happening anyway so... *sigh* carry on, I guess.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back