[CRIMINAL] Complaint Against King Durk the Awesome

Ash:
Romanoffia:
Ash:
Iro:
How about we burn something? That usually helps court stuff.
What do you suggest we burn, Iro?
Grammar alert! Grammar Alert...

Should say, "What do you suggest we burn Iro?" or Iro, What do you suggest we burn?"

That is unless you are suggesting we ignite Iro. :P
I would never intentionally suggest that we ignite Iro <_<
.... although the idea does have a certain merit.

Mum, Wolf didn't appoint Iro - Punk did. That's the point of confusion here. Also, there's really no constitutional or legal basis for allowing the AG to delegate powers to a deputy...but that's a different matter :P (Incidentally, there's a bill in the RA that would explicitly allow the AG to appoint deputies and delegate powers to them...)

Technically, Gaspo appointed Iro.

There's been no challenge to the deputy system even without ones that have been codified in the legal code.

I'm of the opinion to allow a deputy to attempt to perform the duties of an AG and then if someone wants to challenge it, go right ahead.

But, I'm an act first check the details later kinda dude so...

Here's what I'm getting out of this: even though nothing says I'm not a Deputy AG, the fact that I'm a Deputy AG means nothing unless BW says it does. Unlike what Punk just said, I'm not really going to be BW with such little basis, so I'm just going to sit around with my useless masking and support legislation that changes it for future AGs, okay?

In the meantime, I feel guilty for hijacking Durk's complaint thread, so we can get back on topic if you guys want...

Ash: Old Daddy Iro taught me this couplet when I was very young: "If the paper has a stamp, burn it with an oil lamp."

Flem: If you're going to set me on fire, please take care to do it in the AG's office. Then, when police come to investigate the murder, there will actually have been government officials occupying the AG's office at least once during BW's term.

I am awaiting ruling of the court on a review request that impacts the arguments of this case prior to presenting an indictment to the court.

We are working on a particular critical point in this issue. That is, we are arguing a particular point of minutia. Should have a ruling soon on that point once we have all come into agreement.

I can see how the judicial system must be straining under its intensely heavy workload. The pressure of overwork must be killing you.

The Fiqh stands ready to assist you in this case, should you need it.

Sometimes I wish I could have a nice relaxing job in the judicial branch. I hear the vacation pay is excellent.

flemingovia:
I can see how the judicial system must be straining under its intensely heavy workload. The pressure of overwork must be killing you.

If I bring this complaint to the Fiqh, will you oh mighty administrator and god flemingovia enforce your decision?

If the Fiqh is granted official recognition by the Delegate of the region, then of course the administration will cooperate in enforcing the decisions of the Fiqh. Administration always tries to cooperate with the government of the region.

I must admit we have come a long way from the time when government officials could not even bring themselves to acknowledge that the Fiqh existed.

mcmasterdonia:
flemingovia:

If I bring this complaint to the Fiqh, will you oh mighty administrator and god flemingovia enforce your decision?
That would not be constitutional nor legal. However, I appear to be the only justice around at this time and I will certainly makes sure to build a fire under the other justices' seats to get certain technical issues that need to be resolved first (see earlier comments dispersed in this thread).

[addendum]

Having the court send certain cases to the Fiqh might not be a bad idea. It would also not be beyond the scope of the court to remand a case to any 'body', fiqh or not, as a matter of conflict resolution provided all litigants agree to it. :P

Unfortunately given the catch up I've had to do for TNP v Grosse, I haven't had a chance to collate material for this as yet.

I welcome anyone who is willing to contribute to a google document I will create with evidence etc of what took place.

flemingovia:
Kiwi:
Unfortunately given the catch up I've had to do for TNP v Grosse, I haven't had a chance to collate material for this as yet.
Welcome to the TNP legal system.
Yeah, no kidding.

You know, it seems every time I turn around yet another case is brought against Durk.

We should name the TNP Courthouse after him.

Perhaps flemingovia's suggestion has merit. We could use speedy trials, especially towards the end of an attorney general's term. As an aside, I suggest we threaten Iro with immolation if the current judicial term is not productive. ;)

You know, pretty much every time TNP eventually comes round and says "gosh, Flemingovia was right all along.

It would help the region immensely if everyone remembered the Flemingovian Mantra:

"Flemingovia is always right. I will listen to Flemingovia. I will not ignore Flemingovia's recommendations. Flemingovia is god.”

I will be reviewing this case over the next few days in order to ascertain its individual merits and to determine if Justice will be served by prosecution at this time.

If this case is prosecuted, I volunteer to serve popcorn and take bets that Teflon Durk will not be convicted by this court.

hqdefault.jpg

Back