WA Verification Repeal Bill

I posted that with the (time=) code, so it displays in the time zone that you have the board set to, just like it does in the voting thread.

punk d:
The vote will remain open for five days, until Sep 15 2013, 10:30 PM in your time zone (

Everyone would need to be on the east coast US for this to hold true. Is that true for everyone?
The vote will remain open for five days, until Sep 15 2013, 07:30 PM in your time zone Per the RA Rules, Section 2 Clause 4, this vote has been extended to seven days, and will end on Sep 17 2013, 07:30 PM

That's what mine read.

ok...so the timezone of the post changed based upon "your" timezone then. Which means 10:30 for me was whatever time for someone else in another timezone.

Think I have it now.

I will clarify my position on this issue. I chose not to vote on the first go round as it was basically saying "kill my position". Honestly, I don't particularly care whether we practice WA verification or not. But as we don't actually HAVE a way to currently practice it, it seems ridiculous to have it as part of the law. Also, in regards to the veto, I wasn't very happy that something the RA passed was vetoed. Those 2 things have led to my vote for repealing the veto.

If we actually have a way to practice WA verification that is secure for other nations, then great, let's do it. But of the people capable of coding such a thing, I trust almost none of them with the data they could potentially gather with none the wiser.

I'm really glad you spoke up, FEC. Hearing your perspective on the matter is important, because you're actually doing the job.

I originally abstained from voting on the WA verification bill, which is a rarity for me. I also originally voted to sustain the veto, but after hearing the perspective of several RA members I decided to switch my vote. Any executive veto is likely to cause consternation in the legislative branch; it is always a good idea to explain why the veto was issued and then ask legislators to uphold said veto.

The veto of this bill has been overridden, and the WA Verification Repeal Bill is now law. For those who are interested, 52 votes (33-16-3) were cast on the override motion, the highest number of votes in RA history, breaking the record of 51 on the NPA Override in Warhammer 40000 (18-28-5).

Former English Colony:
I will clarify my position on this issue. I chose not to vote on the first go round as it was basically saying "kill my position". Honestly, I don't particularly care whether we practice WA verification or not. But as we don't actually HAVE a way to currently practice it, it seems ridiculous to have it as part of the law. Also, in regards to the veto, I wasn't very happy that something the RA passed was vetoed. Those 2 things have led to my vote for repealing the veto.

If we actually have a way to practice WA verification that is secure for other nations, then great, let's do it. But of the people capable of coding such a thing, I trust almost none of them with the data they could potentially gather with none the wiser.
hurtyhurtz :(

Im disappointed you guys didn't trust me with your most sensitive information.

Back