Favourite Songs/Artists

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
I thought I'd start a thread about this as we don't have one, in OOC we sometimes hear about what people are listening to at that moment of their day. But what are your favourite songs or artists/bands and why?

I really like The Killers as far as bands go, and this song of theirs is my personal favourite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff0oWESdmH0
Not sure if it's my favourite song of all time, but still. Share away.

Didn't know those Killers, I thought "killers" was always a nickname for Iron Maiden, whose two first albums are two of my all-time favourites. My tastes have changed through time, but there's a couple of thing s I always listen from time to time.

Bands? Queen, Iron Maiden (with Paul Di'Anno), Blind Guardian (old stuff), AC/DC, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Cypress Hill, Public Enemy, Kool & the Gang, Earth, Wind & Fire, Prodigy, Sonata Arctica... As you see they are very different from each other. Also some latin music: Rubén Blades, Juan Luis Guerra...

Songs? A lot. I can't choose only one but I'm listening to this right now >> (White Lion - Hungry)

I'd say the greatest band ever was Queen, for my tastes.

Oh, I dunno where to start...

Well my favourite song ever is Heart's "Alone". It's before my time, by a few years, but it's also my Mum's favourite so I grew up listening to it. I think it's just a mixture of the vocals, the lyrics, the guitar... I dunno what it is really, but it's just SO good. Love it.

Other songs I absolutely love are Scorpions' "I'm Still Loving You", Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart", and Roxette's "Listen to Your Heart"

Right now I'm on an Evanescence kick, but other bands/singers I usually listen to regularly are P!nk, Kelly Clarkson, and Queen. I'm a big fan of Cher, ABBA, and Celine Dion too (I know, I'm so gay). Also some Adele and Elton John thrown in there for good measure.

I'm a big 80s music fan, if that wasn't already clear :P

Ooooooo! I can play this game for a long time. Let's start at the beginning. It's 1963 and I am 5 years old. The kitchen radio is on, as always, broadcasting the dulcet orchestral sounds backing some baritone crooner. Then out of the blue comes a guitar riff, an irresistible hook, and I am instantaneously swept up in Beatlemania. Sure, there was other rock and roll before that, but nothing so captivated me like the Beatles. It was so fresh, so Right Now. I had a stack of 45s that I played over and over. I joined the Beatles Fan Club. They changed everything. They made me love music.

Great Bights Mum:
Ooooooo! I can play this game for a long time. Let's start at the beginning. It's 1963 and I am 5 years old. The kitchen radio is on, as always, broadcasting the dulcet orchestral sounds backing some baritone crooner. Then out of the blue comes a guitar riff, an irresistible hook, and I am instantaneously swept up in Beatlemania. Sure, there was other rock and roll before that, but nothing so captivated me like the Beatles. It was so fresh, so Right Now. I had a stack of 45s that I played over and over. I joined the Beatles Fan Club. They changed everything. They made me love music.
Hell yeah.

British Invasion bands, and of course the beatles themselves, are fucking great. I'll personally never forget the first time I listened to "you really got me" from the Kinks, sometimes I wish I had been born by then.

Ah yes, the British Invasion. Everyone was crazy about the Dave Clark Five, Herman's Hermits et al. Couldn't get enough of them. Not everyone was so smitten with the Rolling Stones, though. Those bad boys. Yet I listen to today's music and wonder where we would be if it weren't for the Stones. Their influence is everywhere. I was familiar with their music, of course, but didn't become a fan until 1971's Sticky Fingers, with the iconic zipper on the front cover of the album. And possibly the best opening lines of any song ever: I met a gin-soaked barroom queen in Memphis."

Back