Welcoming System Online!

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
The Welcoming telegram system is officially online. It will from this point on be welcoming nations 24/7. It is our hope that this will mean that we will get more nations involved in our forum and regional assembly and contributing to our community.

R3n has been vital in helping set this up, all I had to do was open the server and he has done the rest and will continue to maintain the scripts for us. The server itself is hosted by Amazon for one year under their free tier, after that time we will need to renew the server and set it up again if we wish to continue using it within the free threshold.

R3n will also be establishing a further system for automatic mass tg's for members of the Government to use. Over the past few months, Crushing our Enemies and I have been sharing a client key which requires some level of coordination on our part so that it is not used at the same time. The new system will allow members of cabinet, the Speaker and the Security Council if need be to sign into the server with their own distinct username and password to access the script. The telegram will temporarily put Welcoming on hold to allow the telegram to be sent out. If multiple people do this, the jobs will be queued, and then sent out one at a time, welcoming can then resume.

I think that this is quite an effective system that will make communicating with the region and it's newest members a lot easier. Thank you r3n! :)

mcmasterdonia:
And my first nice tg back:
If it makes you feel better, I joined the forum after getting one of your telegrams.

Welcome to the forum, Taracia! And great job McM, r3n, and everyone else who has worked on communications.

Glad that the welcoming tg is making a difference. We are updating the script to make sure that it does not telegram nations that leave tnp immediately so that it isn't considered recruiting. By we, I mean r3n is :P

It will be back online shortly.

the mass telegram system is online and has been tested and works well. Other ministers, the Delegate and Speaker all have access which will make communicating with the region much easier. Posting from my phone, so apologies if this post makes less sense than normal or if it is full of errors :P

We're pretty chuffed with this new system. It'll make keeping on contact with the region and its members, new and old, that much easier.

Another happy customer:

The Republic of RucioThe Republic of Rucio ? Welcome to The North PacificWelcome to The North Pacific
16 hours ago
Who the fuck is this? How did you TG me so fucking fast? What the fuck is going on? Who the fuck are you? Why the fuck am I getting this? What the fuck is going on? Where the fuck am I? Who the fuck are you? When the fuck did you find me? Why the fuck do you know me? Who the fuck are you? Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Fuck this shit. I'm never joining your region. What the fuck is going on?

Answering telegrams (excluding those who just swear of course) could help bring more of these nations in the forum. Not sure what the volume of telegrams the welcoming nation receives is, but if they are too many the nation could perhaps be shared among the Ministry of Welcoming members.

The Kingdom of Grofssraum Osterreich-Ungarn:
3 hours ago
Piss off

The Republic of Fedorra 1 day 7 hours ago:
Why thank you Minister. I have lived in the corrupted and violent region of the South Pacific, but your lands seem peaceful and tranquil. I am glad to join you.

Someone obviously had bad experiences with Milograd :P

Right you are old sport

tumblr_mnd0seTUAs1s1mhbxo1_500.gif

It's good to see the welcoming system working. I hope you don't pay any mind to the trolls, McM.

Back