Disposal/ Disposition of existing cases in progress

Romanoffia

Garde à l'eau!
I've notices a couple of existing cases that are unresolved. How do we handle these cases?

Should we switch justices, permit the original sitting justices continue adjudicating, Or -

We continue the cases under the new justices to resolve them, and failing that, dismiss if the process gets hung up in no responses as required by both parties?

I think if we put pressure on litigating parties to continue their litigation, we can resolve cases quicker and easier especially if the dismissal of said cases is a potential course of action by the court. In certain instances, a case may be rendered 'moot' by a defendant 'fleeing' or the prosecution 'vacating' the case until such time as the defendant(s) return to the region. This could be fun because pending cases, or rather cases 'put on hold' could come up years later.

That's what I was thinking, Funk. Put them on hold until such time as they can be resolved.

As it is now, the cases in question have been inactive for almost a month. We could resolve them by assigning new judges, demanding a response from the parties involved or the cases will be put on hold.

Ugh, I could swear I had posted here yesterday. I must have closed the tab too fast, sorry.

The only currently pending case is this review: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7066977/

I also agree that for reviews we should switch and hear it ourselves, rather than let the previous judges continue. Were it a criminal case, I don't think it would be as straightforward, but we need not concern ourselves with that.

I will post in that thread to announce that the case is resuming and we are taking over. I will make a new thread in the Private Chambers for us to discuss the case.

Back