Addition of Censure to the Legal Code

Chasmanthe:
YesEdit: No. Under this proposal, you can still be appointed or elected to government positions no matter how many censures you have.
What about only for a period of time? So it's like saying stand in the corner and think about what you've done until your ready.

I just think without something actually happening there's no real point, we don't need to record every time the RA disapproves of something, it would just become clear from the majority of comments that people aren't happy.

Parmistine:
Chasmanthe:
YesEdit: No. Under this proposal, you can still be appointed or elected to government positions no matter how many censures you have.
What about only for a period of time? So it's like saying stand in the corner and think about what you've done until your ready.

I just think without something actually happening there's no real point, we don't need to record every time the RA disapproves of something, it would just become clear from the majority of comments that people aren't happy.

I think there is still a point to censure even without a temporary bar. When an official does something wrong, not everybody comments, many remain silent. Taking the majority of comments may or may not represent the will of the assembly. Voting on a censure would be a means for the RA to make a collective decision on a statement of disapproval. So I think it has value. The comments of individuals, while important, do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the assembly as a whole, but a vote does.

Back