Recall Astarial as Not-Empress

Belschaft

TNPer
-
TNP Nation
Altschaft
Discord
Belschaft
So, seeing as how apparently people have come to the conclusion that we can recall people from offices they don't hold, I've taken that one step further and decided we can recall people from offices that don't exist. As such, I demand we recall Astarial from the office of Not-Empress. Should such a vote pass, then she would become not-Not-Empress, or to put it more simply, Empress, legally as well as in all our hearts. The powers of her new office would then have to be worked out, presumably by tossing a coin or consulting a magic eight ball.

I understand there is some kind of formal debate we have to have, therefore I propose this motion. I call for a seconder.

All glory to the Empress!

Edit: I motion for an early closure of formal debate.

I wholeheartedly support this motion, might I suggest that we also repeal existing law in its entirety to allow for the crafting of a new and better TNP with the Empress at its helm.

Belschaft:
So, seeing as how apparently people have come to the conclusion that we can recall people from offices they don't hold, I've taken that one step further and decided we can recall people from offices that don't exist. As such, I demand we recall Astarial from the office of Not-Empress. Should such a vote pass, then she would become not-Not-Empress, or to put it more simply, Empress, legally as well as in all our hearts. The powers of her new office would then have to be worked out, presumably by tossing a coin or consulting a magic eight ball.

I understand there is some kind of formal debate we have to have, therefore I propose this motion. I call for a seconder.

I oppose this, on grammatical grounds. not-not-empress is a double negative. If I supported such a thing my old English teacher would rise from her grave and smite me with a twelve inch ruler, as she so often did in life.

However, I second the call to vote, and note the shortening of formal debate time. I hope Bel intends to go through with this and is not just wasting RA time?

Belschaft:

The passage of such a resolution that would effectively declare Asta Emperess (presumably of TNP) would be an act of revolution and unconstitutional because it would bypass the whole government, constitution and legal code by negating the same.

:P

Ok, can we please go into expedited formal debate now? I want my nonsense to be ready to go to vote along with Flem's nonsense.

Belschaft:
Ok, can we please go into expedited formal debate now? I want my nonsense to be ready to go to vote along with Flem's nonsense.
I am not sure there has been sufficient informal debate on this resolution to bring out the subtleties and nuances of this complex matter in a mature and reasoned manner. To rush this to formal debate would do it an injustice.

flemingovia:
Belschaft:
I am not sure there has been sufficient informal debate on this resolution to bring out the subtleties and nuances of this complex matter in a mature and reasoned manner. To rush this to formal debate would do it an injustice.
That is if silliness and mootness (is that even a word) can by discussed in a rational manner. :P

But the point is moot.

Surely the time for informal discussion is over. I agree with the honourable member that we should move forward to formal debate with great haste.

There has been less justification for this motion that Tyler's motion received, so I don't see how the speaker can allow this to proceed. That is, unless consistency is of no concern.

Back