WA Voting Policy Clarification[Archived]

Cove

TNPer
In the interests of clarifying our WA policy, I wish to make this statement. All WA votes have 4 options, For, Against, Abstain, Present.

Lodging a vote of abstain means you wish for the delegate to abstain from voting.
Lodging a vote of present means you wish to abstain from voting and do not want the delegate to count your vote in deciding which way to vote.

All votes in the WA are managed on a majority based system, in that one option needs to have more votes than all the options (not including present) in order for the delegate to lodge their vote. For example, if a WA resolution has a vote of 3-2-1-0 (For-Against-Abstain-Present), I would not vote, as the number of For votes does not exceed the total number of voters who wish for the delegate to vote an alternative way. On the other hand, if a WA vote had a vote of 5-2-2-0 - I would cast a vote of For as the total number of For votes exceeds the total numbers of votes cast which want the delegate to vote an alternative way.

The WA policy is one that can change, and input from members of the region is always greatly appreciated.

Back