Iro for AG

Iro

TNPer
Hey, all! This is my election-for-AG shingle again...

I've served as a deputy AG under Gaspo and Punk for the last three terms, and I've enjoyed the experience greatly (though I'm sorry I didn't get to do more recently). I won't go as greatly into detail about my judicial experience in other facets of NationStates, since I've done that in another thread recently, but I think that I'm a good candidate for my experience and accountability to everyone else.

That's a short campaign OP for me, trust me. I'll take questions if there are any, but I may be away during some areas of the campaign process.

I have a simple question for you. Would you rightly resign if you found that you had a small amount of time to dedicate to your elected job? It seems like more than a few Attorneys General of the past have refused to step down despite crippling inactivity. Would you break the habit?

I am glad you mentioned your previous terms as deputy AG, because my question relates to your conduct in that role.

On 3rd March 2013 when you were serving as Deputy AG and running for the office of AG, you used your office seek to scupper the candidacy of myself, who was also running for AG in that election at the time.

You yourself acknowledged that this was of dubious legality. You tried to have the charges against me that you had filed withdrawn so that “someone can’t chuck them at me later.”

Detais of these events are documented IN THIS THREAD (clicky0

I remember wondering at the time how long it would be before you considered the dust had settled and it was safe to run again.

My questions to you are two:

1.Has your moral character improved since March?
2.Will you THIS TIME keep your oath, should you win?
" I will use the powers and rights granted to me through The North Pacific Constitution and Legal Code in a legal, responsible, and unbiased manner, not abusing my power, committing misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance in office, in any gross or excessive manner. "

Answer a simple "yes" to both, and you might just gain a few votes, including mine.

For the record, I had no knowledge that this complaint (against Flem) was going to be filed prior to it being filed. Once it was filed I sent this note to Iro:

please remember to run all indictments through me prior to posting them.

i think you've posted 2 that weren't and the latest is one I would not have deemed worthy to bring before the court.

I would think that the next AG will feel similarly.

I gave my deputies a lot of latitude and at least while in office I did not share this information. However, I do believe it is relevant for those who are considering Iro for Attorney General.

Overall, I enjoyed working with Iro as he was eager and I believe he did the best he could. Yet, I do have concerns about his judgment in cases. The AG position will put a person in a number of tricky situations and I think Iro needs more experience before taking on this role. The complaint against Flem being an example of poor judgment.

Holy crapvalanches, guys.

Would you rightly resign if you found that you had a small amount of time to dedicate to your elected job? It seems like more than a few Attorneys General of the past have refused to step down despite crippling inactivity. Would you break the habit?
Sure? Um, I'm not always a fan of what-if questions because they don't give you a lot of leeway, but I think in most situations I have a fairly good judgement of what the region needs. If the situation came around, resigning might be the best solution.
I'm going to issue a blanket statement on the Flem issue: I really don't have definite answers. I know that "it's flem" is not a definite excuse, but I've never felt entirely confident with the whole 'weird government' theme of TNP, the difference between the odd things that people do and what's actually trying to help the region. I'm not entirely sure what the thought process was around Flem's indictment but a combination of badly placed jokes, misinterpretations, and my own wrong half-sense of humor came to pass.

None of that may make any sense, but I'm trying to be sincere. I think I have judgement, and I think the proper caution to take is more, on a default. I apologize for the clicks and typing that happened, and I think my experience has given me a cautious greater understanding of TNP. TlDr; I'll think about what I do.

Your Confuzzling Majesty, I will attempt to answer your questions at this point.
2) Yes.
1) This was harder for me to think over, I'll be honest. I sat with this for a while, wondering about giving you a high-profile explanation on how I express my morality.
1a) Yes.

I'm not entirely sure what the thought process was around Flem's indictment but a combination of badly placed jokes, misinterpretations, and my own wrong half-sense of humor came to pass.

well I am not sure what to make of that. You seem to be suggesting that you took me to court for a laugh?

Actually, if you think about it, that is just as worrying as using your office to sideline a rival in an election. I certainly did not find it humorous, and I am disappointed that I never got the chance to clear my name in court.

If I were you I would reconsider a career in the Law in TNP. I do not think you have got what it takes.

No. God, I'm not good at this. I meant to say that the environment got to me, which was a stupid thing to let happen. I won't let it happen again and I don't confine that to the AG's office.

Iro:
No. God, I'm not good at this. I meant to say that the environment got to me, which was a stupid thing to let happen. I won't let it happen again and I don't confine that to the AG's office.
The problem is that stupidity is not a voluntary action, and is not the sort of thing you can decide not to be.

I think folks have probably seen enough in your posts in this thread to decide what sort of AG you would be.

Being aware of one's actions is not the same as stupidity, and I don't appreciate how easily you're profiling me. I think I have a lot of good work that stands for itself, and one inaction shouldn't speak over all of it. Is there anyone here that's unmarked?

Iro:
Being aware of one's actions is not the same as stupidity, and I don't appreciate how easily you're profiling me. I think I have a lot of good work that stands for itself, and one inaction shouldn't speak over all of it. Is there anyone here that's unmarked?
"Stupid" is the word you first used, not me.

Might I suggest you move on to another topic? When you are in a hole it is wise to stop digging.

Iro:
I'm not entirely sure what the thought process was around Flem's indictment but a combination of badly placed jokes, misinterpretations, and my own wrong half-sense of humor came to pass.
So the indictment of Flemingovia was just of comedic value to you?

Back