June Foreign Dispatch

The Land of Kings and Emperors Foreign Despatch
TERRA REGUM IMPERATORUMQUE TOTUM MUNDUM REGET!

30th June 2013
WA Delegate: Caruba | Nation Count: 641 | Regional Rank: 16th
LKE Imperial Forums

hsmgovbanner.png

Head of State: His Supreme Majesty Emperor Onder
Heir Apparent: His Supreme Highness Crown Prince Falconio
Prince Imperial: His Imperial Highness Gavin Novawk

The Imperial Council

Prime Minister: Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika
Deputy Prime Minister: Athelstan MacGregor
Secretary of State for External Affairs: Krimson Vulika
Secretary of State for Internal Affairs: Charles IX
Secretary for Colonial Affairs: Josh Sebastian
Secretary of State for Culture: Megaleiotha Eirhno
Secretary of State for War: Cephal Talleyrand

Our Emperor Returns!

2247518089_2056d116d6_z.jpg

Crowds fill the streets as Emperor Onder returns

In the middle of May His Supreme Majesty Onder Kelkia, our Emperor, returned to The Land of Kings and Emperors. To much jubilation, the Emperor announced his return to his duties as monarch and thanked Crown Prince Falconio for serving ably as regent. The Emperor also showed gratitude to the imperial governments which had served in office since the beginning of his leave of absence for their stewardship of the region and specifically praised the dedication which saw the LKE rise to over 700 citizens at one point.

The key change announced by the Emperor was to the composition of Imperial Family. The outgoing Prince Imperial, Julian Anumia, was praised for his loyal service to the LKE and was granted the title of Duke of Cawdor. Gavin Novawk was selected become the new Prince Imperial with specific responsibility for coordinating imperial relations with the wider political system. The Emperor cited the Prince's long dedication to the Imperial Government and to the region at large as the main reason for his choice. The Prince Imperial is required to be politically neutral but he has not been idle, launching an initiative on constitutional reform in the Estates Noble.

As is customary, the Emperor bestowed various titles and honours. Notably, Krimson Vulika was elevated to the peerage as Baron of North Durandia for his service in the Estates Common as Senator and Speaker as well as in various executive positions such as Interior Minister, Exterior Minister and Culture Minister. Furthermore, Julian Ulrics was created a Companion of the Order of Achievement for his extensive efforts in reinvigorating regional roleplay.

His Supreme Majesty took the opportunity to reshuffle the Guardian Council (a body charged with advising the Emperor himself). This was done in order to bring the region's rising stars into his confidence. The Emperor's selections were as follows:

The Baron of Shaftesbury, Cephal Talleyrand Moderator
The Marquis of Mornington, Charles I. Cerebella
The Earl of Scoll-Balow-Cambron, Wilhelm Somerset
The Viscount of Crownchester, Athelstan MacGregor
The Right Honourable Akillian
The Right Honourable Kaiserholt
The Right Honourable MagentaFairy
The Right Honourable Rinusje
The Right Honourable Sir Robin of Aelbarrow
The Right Honourable Josh Sebastian
The Right Honourable Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika

Imperial Party in by a hair

VotingRFD-custom1.jpg

The polls are full in this contested election

Citizens went to the polls for a tense and closely contested round of elections. Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika was elected Prime Minister by a single vote. The election began with an Imperial Party lead before a swing in the vote in the Lion Party's favour, albeit a swing which ultimately proved insufficient to achieve parity. In the Estates Common, in a race declared by the Emperor to have 8 seats, 6 were filled by election results while two stood tied. The tied seats fought it out in the resulting by-election and the winners were declared. A full Estates Common now stands ready to debate the Imperial Government's business.

At the conclusion of the general election and the subsequent by-election, Josh Sebastian, Charles IX, Athelstan MacGregor and Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika were elected to the Estates Common from the Imperial Party. Akillian, Charles Cerebella, Sir Robin of Aelbarow and Julian Ulrics were elected from the Lion Party. This splits the Estates Common in half between the two parties.

A New Cabinet Formed

Upon election the Prime Minister made the following State of the Realm speech:

Amongst us is a summer activity lull. The LKE is already steps ahead. We must work together to make sure it stays this way. In the past, it has injured the LKE. But with the most active members in government, the lull stands no chance. But the fight does not stop there. As a community, a region on NationStates, as a fellow citizen, we must all contribute to activity in some form or fashion. Without the dedication that has been seen past and present, none of us would be here today.

I will make this quick as possible, as we have a lot of work to do. My administration is bringing it's A-Game. Instead of so many amendments, we are actually looking into establishing and writing Constitution X, as a means to make it easier and more efficient. Effective changes, and with no doubt will be expected to be brought to debate, include making the LKE a Parliamentary Democracy, Executive Decrees that the Prime Minister will be afforded in Emergency situations but of course will need the approval of the Estates General, a more specific Decree for the PM, is to bring forth a Militia. This will actually be effective in cases of the founder nation of the LKE Ceasing to Exist, as seen last year, during the Emperor's leave.

I personally want to bring discussion to a 'Switch and Resign Act', but perhaps implemented. This puts a restriction on Legislators, that if they switch a party, they must resign from any elected post. This is to ensure that the Citizens' voice is always heard. If an elect was voted in by the manifesto of one party, it is not fair to the citizens to let that person stay in. Different Parties have different beliefs. This is not meant to cause more division, but as a means to let the Citizens' voice be heard at all times. Of course, this will have to be all flattened out and clarified, in which the Estates General will be in charge of that.

Also, I would like to bring to light my personal opinion of guides. There are some good guides out there, but the thing is, guides need to be actively updated to be more specific and elaborate. This, I feel, takes time away from other things, which is why I suggested in both of my speeches that I want to set up a Q&A Thread. It will be a place to ask questions and get answers from anyone. This effectively localizes questions and answers, so if someone might have a question that has already been answered, they can find the answer right then and there. This is so much more efficient, however, new and old citizens will, without a doubt, always be able to personally contact anyone with any type of question.

As mentioned in my Ticket speech, my chosen government is as follows:

Prime Minister: Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika
Deputy Prime Minister: Athelstan MacGregor
Secretary of State for Exterior: Krimson Vulika
Secretary of State for Interior: Charles IX
Secretary of State for Culture: Megaleiotha Eirhno
Secretary of State for Colonies: Josh Sebastian
Secretary of State for War: Cephal Talleyrand

Junior Ministers can be announced by the respective Secretary of State as they wish.

And should it be mentioned, I do choose to let the current Lord Chancellor continue as he is.

I would also, if I may, change the membership to the Sentinel Council. I would like the following to be a part of the council:

Cephal Talleyrand - Prefect
Krimson Vulika
Akillian
Josh Sebastian
Athelstan MacGregor
and Myself, VTV

I wholeheartedly believe the aforementioned will not disappoint the LKE. They are all wonderful and active citizens.

Now, time to get to work.

Thank you for your support,
Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika

The Second Monarchist Conference

Mideast_Emirates_Dubai_Internet_Conference_0d602.jpg

In late May, The Land of Kings and Emperors was host to a large number of monarchies from across NationStates. The gathering ranged from close imperialist allies to developing new monarchies to sinker regions. Among the monarchs attending were Katherine; Queen of Balder and Empires of Earth, Feux; King of Lazarus, Cerian Quilor; King of Kantrias, Joakim; King-Emperor of the Kingdom of Denmark and the Royal Danish Commonwealth, Isidor Casimir Somerset-Anumia; Keisari of Asgard, Charles Cerebella; King of Albion, Alicia Diana DiLaurentis-Stewart; Empress of The Empire of Oceania, and FreeSoc; King of Mazeria.

The treaty, derived in part from an earlier agreement reached at the Monarchist Conference in the LKE last year, was designed to enhance cooperation between regions with the aim of strengthening monarchist cultures and sentiment with NS. This second conference was called to reform the old treaty to enable the easier regulation of new members. It will also provide a basis for follow-up on the promises made by allowing signatories to elect officers to facilitate cultural exchange. It is currently undergoing ratification within the participant regions.

Summer Solstice Festival

caribbean-festival-penns-landing-philadelphia-600.jpg

Following his appointment as Culture Minister, Megaleiotha Eirhno by establishing the Summer Solstice Celebration. Ambassadors were instructed to distribute a general invite to many friends of the LKE alerting them to the festival. The fun in the sun saw games from the classic 'Corrupt a Wish' to Season and Region Wars. A degree of roleplay was also to be found in the ballroom as people joined others in the Celebration's formal occasion. More roleplay was exhibited in the 'Out on the Town' section of the Celebration. This saw participants taking on roles such as merchants to sell their wares to the community.

The party is still going, so come down quick to The Land of Kings and Emperors to join in the end of the festival.

Colonial Development in Munster

The Electorate of Munster has long served as a military base for the LKE and our allies. Our history with the region goes back to July 2006, when it became the first region the LKE ever invaded, and further back to March 2006 when N Ireland fought with the Red Liberty Alliance for control of Munster. In light of our military and historic connections to Munster, we are pleased to announce that we now intend to move it to the forefront of the Empire. With a new social and political system designed on a Celtic tribal theme, Munster will be developed into a strong and sustainable dominion under the banner of LKE colonialism.

modbanner.png

UIAF Storms to Victory in The True Rebirth

2ihwmtf.png

In an address to the region, Emperor Onder announced to our citizens that the United Imperial Armed Forces of the LKE and TNI had captured The True Rebirth. As he explains, this founderless region had the rather strange idea that they could get away with posting a recruitment message on the regional message board of an LKE colony without retribution:

Citizens of The LKE,

Rejoice, for the sovereignty of the Empire has been asserted.

The Vice-Delegate of The True Rebirth, with official sanction from their Chairman of Foreign Affairs, marched into Polis and posted a recruitment message.

That is not acceptable conduct for visitors to the Empire of The Land of Kings and Emperors. It is a violation of our sovereignty for foreign governments to presume to recruit our citizens.

Accordingly, the United Imperial Armed Forces have retaliated against The True Rebirth by invading the region.

I would like to thank Lieutenant-General Ein for organizing this action. For this work on behalf of the Empire, he is awarded the Valour Medal, 3rd Class.

Major-General Cephal Talleyrand, Lieutenant-Colonel Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika, Regimental Sergeant Major Athelstan MacGregor, Sergeant Krimson Vulika and Sergeant Michael Talleyrand are also to be commended for their role in the campaign to capture The True Rebirth.

The integrity of our empire has been preserved.

TERRA REGUM IMPERATORUMQUE TOTUM MUNDUM REGET!

Beyond our occupation of The True Rebirth, the UIAF have been engaging an intensive series of operations designed to put pressure on the United Defenders League and the Founderless Regions Alliance. Their response to most of these raids has been lacklustre at best. Nonetheless, since the LKE's last update in May, the UIAF has energetically conducted countless cascade raids. A particular highlight occurred on 28 May, when a grand total of twenty seven regions were taken in one update alone. We were also honoured to support our allies Europeia and Albion in the occupations of St Abbaddon and Quebec respectively. The UIAF were also glad to assist our friend Mazeria in securing England. UIAF reinforcements continue to provide a strong buffer against 'liberation' attempts and are now coupled with an update force capable of delivering large-scale cascade operations. This has been possible because of the development of a training programme for new officers.

Written by: Krimson Vulika, Secretary of State for External Affairs

On behalf of the Government and Citizens of the LKE, I wish all our friends of NS the best.

Yes, indeed!

June has been our third most active month on the forums since their creation, and we're hoping to do better in July!

Back