-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Gaspo:
The NPA and the UDL were at war in Warzone Africa at that time - this constitutes aiding the enemy in a time of conflict.
Funny, I don't remember voting on a declaration of war...

If the Court expresses an issue with the specific terminology utilized in a contextual statement, I would be glad to correct it. I would ask that the Court direct all commentary unrelated to Court business to be conducted elsewhere, to preserve the clarity of this process.

Ah i wondered where my post went. Apologies for not making a thread first off.

But 'war' is pretty clearly defined with regards to when we are and are not at war, and the conflict in the Warzone mission does not meet those conditions.

madjack:
Ah i wondered where my post went. Apologies for not making a thread first off.

But 'war' is pretty clearly defined with regards to when we are and are not at war, and the conflict in the Warzone mission does not meet those conditions.
As a note, there was no conflict, the UDL never moved into the region.

We are seriously putting people on trial for fighting over a warzone - a region designed to be fought over.

Seriously?

What dickwad thought of that?

As I understand it, warzones are those regions designed by game mechanics to allow militaries etc to practice and hone their skills at attacking and defending without knocking over innocent regions in the process.

This latest TNP witch hunt stems from things that happened during combat over a warzone? Yes?

Now I would class that in the same vein as the US and Japanese navy having war games in the Pacific ocean. Nothing much but pride at stake, and blank ammunition being used.

The Ravania incident shows the success of such operations - it demonstrated a weakness in the security of the NPA which would have been serious if it had happened in a real operation against a serious target.

Job done. The Mission was a success because the NPA came out of it stronger and more secure. That is the point of wargames.

But I remember thinking to myself at the time; only a dickwad would start throwing his toys out of the playpen over something that happened over a Warzone region.

And now I say, only an utter utter dickwad would carry on throwing the toys long after their tantrum had ceased to be endearing.

Enough, already.

flemingovia:
As I understand it, warzones are those regions designed by game mechanics to allow militaries etc to practice and hone their skills at attacking and defending without knocking over innocent regions in the process.

This latest TNP witch hunt stems from things that happened during combat over a warzone? Yes?

Now I would class that in the same vein as the US and Japanese navy having war games in the Pacific ocean. Nothing much but pride at stake, and blank ammunition being used.

The Ravania incident shows the success of such operations - it demonstrated a weakness in the security of the NPA which would have been serious if it had happened in a real operation against a serious target.

Job done. The Mission was a success because the NPA came out of it stronger and more secure. That is the point of wargames.

But I remember thinking to myself at the time; only a dickwad would start throwing his toys out of the playpen over something that happened over a Warzone region.

And now I say, only an utter utter dickwad would carry on throwing the toys long after their tantrum had ceased to be endearing.

Enough, already.
Actually, The Deity is correct.

I remember, years ago, when I was MoD, we conducted coordinated military actions between different regions in War Zones, and, even between divisions of the NPA. Warzones, by design, do not constitute actual 'regions' in the sense that other regions are 'regions', if you catch my drift; they are created to be military trampling grounds.

Now, if some group of people moved into a warzone and declared it their 'region', I would suspect that the region would be fair game to be trampled. It would be like setting up housekeeping in the middle of a bombing range.

Back