Iro "4" Justice

Iro

TNPer
IRO FOR JUSTICE
A Candidate You Can VOTE For

Hi there! I'm Iro and I'm running in the Special Election for Justice, as you might now.

I'll follow conduct and keep it short, but I'll be sure to cite my ongoing experience from two terms in the Office of the Attorney General, as well as my numerous other current judicial soirees including the supreme courts of Nysa, New Sorvun, and the major design and current heading of the High Court of the Commonwealth of Regions. I'd say I'm fairly qualified and will attempt to make things happen better than they are now, or at least shield the Court from utter oblivion.

Questions will be taken and answered. Trespassers will be shot and survivors will be shot again.

Funkadelia:
Please define your judicial philosophy in general.
That's a very wide and open question, but I'll give it a shot.

I think the heart of my philosophy as a member of a judicial system is the system's ability to create and order the most just processes through any scenario it takes. Since that's maybe illegible, I think simplified it means that the court goes for giving every situation the fairest course of action possible instead of just going for what is perhaps the best for one side, easiest or most easily legislated option.

Like it or not, the Court's job is giving everyone their opportunity to take their case, to take the stand and show what they think. When we begin to take policies that give a strategic advantage to one side or cut obviously needed time for arguments, we've lost the point of the judicial system. While rules need to be set, these rules need to keep in point the fact that a Justice's job is, believe it or not, to do justice. To encompass all points of his court case and do the most prudent thing. That needs to go first before we delve into the complicated pool of bureaucracy and opinion that is the North Pacific Court.

Of course, it's important to set in stone that this is my philosophy, la philosophie d'moi. If elected I'm a justice of TNP and all this goes down the drain before the Constibillicode. Yes, Mall, I'll answer that for you.

Thank you for your swift and well encompassing response.

Additionally, proper French grammar would dictate that the phrase be "La philosophie de moi," as d' only precedes a vowel.

Good on you for noticing! I'd like to say that was a test, but I haven't taken french classes or been immersed (other than conversations with francophiles I meet) in many years, and that was a really stupid grammatical mistake. Zut!

What are your thoughts on the current litigation culture in TNP? Do you think the Court can and/or should address this, or is it an issue for the RA alone?

I think we have an interesting type of system in that respect, in what one might describe as a combination of a lot of powers and a lack of powers in different areas. The justices of the Court tend to exercise a lot of discretion in case acceptance and the like, but a lot of court personnel are woefully lacking when it comes to dealing with the people that proceed in court cases themselves. I continue to believe that RA reform is required in these matters, but judicial input is always valued, of course, and no reform can really go through without a certain level cooperation with the legislative and judicial process at all times.

Voting's started! I might not send everyone a TG about it (low Justice election campaign level philosophy :P ) but I do hope that everyone gets out to vote, regardless of which three-letter candidate they vote for. :D

Back