Results: May 2013 General Election

May
ec-seal.png

Candidates[c]Votes[c]Percentage[c]Win?[c]Jamie[c]29[c]82.86%[note]Percentage is of votes for a candidate (not including abstentions)[/note][c]Yes[c]Mall[c]4[c]11.43%[c]No[c]Abstain[c]2[note]Funkadelia joined the RA after voting began so, in accordance with 6.8: "Regional Assembly members may not vote in any vote which began before they were last admitted," his vote is not counted[/note][c]5.71%[c]No[c]Present[c]6[c]17.14%

oimg
[note]Percentages are of ballots cast (including abstentions)[/note]​

Candidates[c]Votes[c]Percentage[c]Win?[c]Crushing Our Enemies[c]29[c]82.86%[c]Yes[c]Iro[c]2[c]5.71%[c]No[c]Zyvetskistaahn[c]1[c]2.86%[c]No[c]Leekem[c]3[c]8.57%[c]No[c]Present[c]6[c]17.14%[c]

oimg

SillyString:
Percentage is of votes for a candidate
Percentages are of ballots cast

...Yeeeeah, ummm, what? This fails to actually explain the discrepancy in numbers.

But congratulations to Jamie and COE despite the witchcraft of the ECs!

In the text table, abstentions are not counted in the denominator. In the pie chart, they are.

Thank-you to all the people who voted for me, I hope to serve you well. :)

Also, Congrats to COE on his re-election!

I am deeply disappointed that Jamie has accepted the results of an election that are in dispute merely because he benefits from the result. I shall await the Court's pending decision before offering any congratulations or accepting any potential defeat.

A warm congratulations to both the happy reelected. COE- keep doing the amazing work you do. Jamie- enjoy your first full term in hopes that a longer incumbency will result in even more :) s.

I would like to congratulate the delegate and speaker for their success in the recent general elections

SillyString:
Eluvatar:
In the text table, abstentions are not counted in the denominator. In the pie chart, they are.
:eyebrow:

Why?

Abstentions are not counted in the text table because they do not count against a candidate for Delegate or Vice Delegate winning a majority:

Legal Code Chapter 4:
4. "Abstentions" are not votes for or against any candidate, and may not be used to determine the results of any election. They may be used for quorum, activity, or other purposes.
Constitution Article 3:
9. The Delegate and Vice Delegate will be elected by the Regional Assembly by a majority vote every four months. No person shall be elected Delegate to a full or partial term in three consecutive election cycles.

Abstentions are shown (and counted) in the pie chart because to show them at all there they have to be in the denominator, and it also makes sense to cover both fractions, as the percentage of all voters who voted for a candidate can be informative (though legally irrelevant).

Back