Suit to Make Flemingovia God

Romanoffia

Garde à l'eau!
I beseech the Fiqh to hear my case...

I hereby file suit against the Government of The North Pacific for their negligence in declaring Flemingovia as God.

The Government of TNP had neglected the fact that Flemingovia is God and therefore must be declared as such via a vote in the RA!

I think your suit is misworded. Either you wish to file against the government for NOT declaring me a god, or you think they HAVE declared me a god, and wish to complain.

On the general matter at hand. I feel your pain. Our courts make decisions that are absurd, and so dillatory that by the time a "verdict" is announced most people have forgotten the issue that prompted it. Then they have to spend days explaining their decision because the reaction of most people is "what the fuck - were your BORN stupid, or did you go to special justices class: 101 - How to dick up a simple request for review?"
bec
Yet we have grown desensitised to this. WE will not recall those involved because we have come to expect imbecility from those we elect.

As I have said, I feel your pain. But the only answer is to change the system we are ruled by, or change the people at the head. Neither seems likely while the current system favours the oligarchy who REALLY control the region.

It's funny because Flem could easily be an Oligarch if he so chose.

What oligarchy are you talking about?

Is Jamie in it?

Is COE?

Is Abbey?

What about the Ministers and the other Justices?

What kind of oligarchy is this?

Eluvatar:
What oligarchy are you talking about?

Is Jamie in it?

Is COE?

Is Abbey?

What about the Ministers and the other Justices?

What kind of oligarchy is this?
Ministers and justices? Good God, no. They are just the dumb fucks who are allowed to be elected to do the work.

An oligarch is much more subtle. You know you are an oligarch when, if a problem arises in the region, you are invited into a private channel or onto a forum area that is not widely viewable in order to help sort it out, quietly and discretely.

Oh, and if you do not know what I am talking about, or do not believe that such a thing happens in TNP - then you are not an oligarch.

madjack:

Madjack, i WAS an oligarch. Ask anyone who was around about 2003 to 2011. I probably still am an oligarch, after a fashion. I imagine that if the region were seriously threatened again I would be dusted off and consulted.

I became less "sound" when I realised that a democratic system built on real life judicial and governmental procedures would not work in a web based game, and I realised that Flemingovianism would be a lot more fun.

flemingovia:
An oligarch is much more subtle. You know you are an oligarch when, if a problem arises in the region, you are invited into a private channel or onto a forum area that is not widely viewable in order to help sort it out, quietly and discretely.

That seems to be how the cabinet functions currently..

flemingovia:
I think your suit is misworded. Either you wish to file against the government for NOT declaring me a god, or you think they HAVE declared me a god, and wish to complain.

On the general matter at hand. I feel your pain. Our courts make decisions that are absurd, and so dillatory that by the time a "verdict" is announced most people have forgotten the issue that prompted it. Then they have to spend days explaining their decision because the reaction of most people is "what the fuck - were your BORN stupid, or did you go to special justices class: 101 - How to dick up a simple request for review?"
bec
Yet we have grown desensitised to this. WE will not recall those involved because we have come to expect imbecility from those we elect.

As I have said, I feel your pain. But the only answer is to change the system we are ruled by, or change the people at the head. Neither seems likely while the current system favours the oligarchy who REALLY control the region.
I am fairly certain the current court system picked up such habits from you and those you most frequently associated with during prior regimes. I am certain I could find multiple posts where you specifically have cried foul over the swift action of government when it didn't suit your political agenda.

I know of at least one prolonged incident where the Delegate swiftly and effectively pursued Justice and eliminated threats to regional security and you were the head of a failed opposition group to that glorious bastion of swift jurisprudence.

Perhaps this is just an example of reaping what you have sown?

flemingovia:
Madjack, i WAS an oligarch. Ask anyone who was around about 2003 to 2011. I probably still am an oligarch, after a fashion. I imagine that if the region were seriously threatened again I would be dusted off and consulted.

I became less "sound" when I realised that a democratic system built on real life judicial and governmental procedures would not work in a web based game, and I realised that Flemingovianism would be a lot more fun.
It seems that in my absence Flemingovia has finally seen the light. I don't believe the faith that you claim is based upon your name. Sounds a bit more like Moldavism than anything Fleming based.

Also, I didn't realize "quietly and discretely" included spamming song lyrics on the RMB during a failed un-endorsement campaign. In general terms, I would think that an oligarch would be someone that was not only consulted about the "problem" but was actually able to solve it as well. Hmmm.

Eluvatar:
flemingovia:

Not really.

Failed opposition group?

I cannot remember a single failure. Great Bight is gone. Pixiedance? Westwind? Any of the others?

Looking around the constitutional group seem to be the last ones standing.

Anyway, Welcome back Moldavi. The quality of the bullshit diminished when you left.

flemingovia:
Failed opposition group?

I cannot remember a single failure. Great Bight is gone. Pixiedance? Westwind? Any of the others?

Looking around the constitutional group seem to be the last ones standing.

Anyway, Welcome back Moldavi. The quality of the bullshit diminished when you left.
See my signature for my official opinion of your success as the opposition leader to the NPD.

Being the last one standing just means you over-stayed your welcome, not that you "won".

Regardless, considering the number of times you equated me to Satan (Biblical verses and everything) I could concede your placement within the realm of TNP as my polar opposite. At least I could before you apparently succumbed to the Dark Side and became a proponent of Delegate-rights over forum democracy.

Welcome to the fold.

flemingovia:
madjack:

Exactly my point.

flemingovia:
I know exactly how you feel. :kiss:

Eluvatar:
flemingovia:

^THIS. :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Iro:
Eluvatar:
flemingovia:

^THIS. :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:
As a member of the Cabinet, I suspect that this may indeed be the case.

Back