Nick(a.k.a Leekem) for Speaker

Leekem

TNPer
Do you know what the North Pacific was build on a decade ago? It was built on the principles of democracy, liberty, freedom, and justice for all. These are the principles I try everyday to institute in my country, Leekem. This is why Leekimians are strong and noble people. I understand these concepts and that is why I have nominated myself to be the North Pacific newest Speaker of the house. Before I tell you about my ideals and what will happen when I'm part of the administration, let's talk about the current speaker. Crushing our enemies does a ok job as speaker but I fine he does not connect with the public as I do. Now, we all that the world can be prejudice and bombastic and it's our job to stay on top of it; which COE has not done and it's about time he be removed. You see me, I am a very friendly person. When I join the North Pacific Assembly, three months ago, I was lost and confused. I promised that I want no one else to feel the way I did; so I greet as many new members to the North Pacific as possible as make sure they have a new ally. I think that stays a lot about me character.
During my administration I will
Clearly execute the powers given to me for the benefit of the North Pacific
Communicate with the delegate and other members of the government to compromise on what will be best for the North Pacific
Use my powers responsible
Listen to the people of the North Pacific and do what is best for them
Make the North Pacific the best region in the world
So remember on the voting do whats best for your region. Vote for Nick.

I wish you luck in your campaign, but I'm troubled by some of the statements you've made about my term as Speaker. If you have any more specific complaints, I would like to hear them, so I can make them right. :)

Well Mall, it not that I specifically disagreed with the work COE has done but I feel he could have done better and I feel if I'm elected I could do better for the people of the North Pacific.

Crushing our enemies does a ok job as speaker but I fine he does not connect with the public as I do. Now, we all that the world can be syndical and bombastic and it's our job to stay on top of it; which COE has not done and it's about time he be removed.
Now, when you state this... I'm not sure if I necessarily agree with the sentiment. What specifically do you think COE could have done better? More importantly, why didn't you discuss the issue with him in private?

Leekem:
Now, we all that the world can be syndical and bombastic and it's our job to stay on top of it.
You said the world can be syndical. In case you didn't know, the word "syndical" is defined as "of or pertaining to a union of persons engaged in a particular trade."

Why is it a bad thing that we have trade in the world? Since you seem to be very contained in roleplay, do you oppose economies, and how could you possibly be a responsible leader if you wish to bar your constituents from engaging in the free market? Stalin tried it and look what happened to him.

Also, can you explain what position you're running for? You said you're standing for "speaker of the house," but such a position is nonexistent in this region. This isn't the USA, you know.

Ok, let me clear up all this controversy over this issue with COE. Let me give you an example of a problem I had with him. I wanted to have a job in the administration as a deputy minster. I talked to him about, he responded and said he would try. Never got back to me. I talked to the delegate and vice delegate. All of them gave me the run around. That's why when I'm speaker, I want to help and when people ask me to help I will support. He supposedly tried to but didn't and the reason I didn't talk to him in private about this is because, I wanted you to see the faults in his term and what I can bring to the North Pacific. What they can benefit from me.

Leekem:
Ok, let me clear up all this controversy over this issue with COE. Let me give you an example of a problem I had with him. I wanted to have a job in the administration as a deputy minster. I talked to him about, he responded and said he would try. Never got back to me. I talked to the delegate and vice delegate. All of them gave me the run around. That's why when I'm speaker, I want to help and when people ask me to help I will support. He supposedly tried to but didn't and the reason I didn't talk to him in private about this is because, I wanted you to see the faults in his term and what I can bring to the North Pacific. What they can benefit from me.
...So... instead of trying to work with him and discuss these things in private to ensure we had the top quality work, you decided to keep this to yourself so you could attack him on these faults. This is what I'm drawing from what you're saying.

Also, did you keep messaging hm? Usually, COE gets back to you when you message him a reminder or two.

Iro:
Leekem:
Now, we all that the world can be syndical and bombastic and it's our job to stay on top of it.
You said the world can be syndical. In case you didn't know, the word "syndical" is defined as "of or pertaining to a union of persons engaged in a particular trade."

Why is it a bad thing that we have trade in the world? Since you seem to be very contained in roleplay, do you oppose economies, and how could you possibly be a responsible leader if you wish to bar your constituents from engaging in the free market? Stalin tried it and look what happened to him.

Also, can you explain what position you're running for? You said you're standing for "speaker of the house," but such a position is nonexistent in this region. This isn't the USA, you know.
Yes Iro, I'm sorry, me living in the United States I get confused between their polices and our. I am running for Speaker Of the North Pacific. I used the wrong word, I meant to say prejudice;unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, regarding a racial, religious, or national group. So the world could be a rude and unfavorable place to live and sometimes you have to learn to roll with the punches.

Alvino Castillon:
Leekem:
...So... instead of trying to work with him and discuss these things in private to ensure we had the top quality work, you decided to keep this to yourself so you could attack him on these faults. This is what I'm drawing from what you're saying.

Also, did you keep messaging hm? Usually, COE gets back to you when you message him a reminder or two.
I did converse with him on these issues but he didn't seem to take action on my issue. So, what I'm suppose to do. Stand back and get walked all over on. No. I took action by running and hopefully if I'm elected if someone needs my help I will respond and tend to their aid.

Leekem:
Alvino Castillon:
Leekem:

I did converse with him on these issues but he didn't seem to take action on my issue. So, what I'm suppose to do. Stand back and get walked all over on. No. I took action by running and hopefully if I'm elected if someone needs my help I will respond and tend to their aid.
...Um...

He supposedly tried to but didn't and the reason I didn't talk to him in private about this is because, I wanted you to see the faults in his term and what I can bring to the North Pacific. What they can benefit from me.
You just said you DIDN'T converse with him, because you wanted to expose his faults. Not only that, but he really doesn't have an obligation to place you as Deputy Minister.

Also, let's just say you did speak to him in private multiple times (I don't know, my Deity powers still need to manifest). Why didn't you make these issues public to the RA before the election then? Wouldn't it have helped if you have publicly submitted your grievances rather than let them fester?

Do you know what the North Pacific was build on a decade ago? It was built on the principles of democracy, liberty, freedom, and justice for all.

Can you provide examples when, in your opinion, TNP failed to live up to each of the goals you have listed? When has democracy failed us? When has justice failed us?

Crushing our enemies does a ok job as speaker but I fine he does not connect with the public as I do.

How do you best connect with the public? In what way does COE fail in this?

Now, we all that the world can be syndical and bombastic and it's our job to stay on top of it; which COE has not done and it's about time he be removed.

...COE didn't sniff out some bombs? Well, that's certainly a failure on his part. I will write that on his permanent record.

Alternatively: huh?

• Clearly execute the powers given to me for the benefit of the North Pacific

Can you please enumerate the powers that the office of Speaker holds? Do you believe that COE has been unclear in his execution of these powers?

• Communicate with the delegate and other members of the government to compromise on what will be best for the North Pacific

This is an interesting idea. So your position is that it is better to compromise on what would be best for the region and take a less appealing position, in order to avoid governmental strife that could itself damage the region? Could you expand on this a bit more?

• Use my powers responsible

What do you consider responsible use of the speaker's powers? Has COE been irresponsible?

• Listen to the people of the North Pacific and do what is best for them

Which group of people will you primarily be seeking input from? How would you weight the forum community versus the regional community in terms of say?

• Make the North Pacific the best region in the world

What criteria do you use to measure "best" region? How will you achieve these goals?

Thanks in advance for your answers, and good luck! :)

Leekem:
Oh, if that's what this is all about then I think it's the result of a simple misunderstanding. Perhaps you never recieved the last PM I sent to you. It was at 2:38 AM GMT, on March 22nd, 2013. Does that match up with your records? If you ever send me any PM's after that time, I have not received them.

May I have your permission to post screenshots of our PM conversations, so that the voters can judge for themselves what happened, rather than simply take your word for it?

Alvino Castillon:
Leekem:
Alvino Castillon:
Leekem:

...Um...

He supposedly tried to but didn't and the reason I didn't talk to him in private about this is because, I wanted you to see the faults in his term and what I can bring to the North Pacific. What they can benefit from me.
You just said you DIDN'T converse with him, because you wanted to expose his faults. Not only that, but he really doesn't have an obligation to place you as Deputy Minister.

Also, let's just say you did speak to him in private multiple times (I don't know, my Deity powers still need to manifest). Why didn't you make these issues public to the RA before the election then? Wouldn't it have helped if you have publicly submitted your grievances rather than let them fester?
You have a point there Alvino Castillon, but the issue was getting larger and larger so an opportunity came along and I took it. You know seeing that vacancy hurt me because I couldn't offer my skill to the TNP. I know he wasn't obligated to place me their, in fact he couldn't but he the power to persuade because he was so high in the legislative. But the fact that he didn't get back to me and explain that he was sorry and that nothing could be done hurt my soul. I made a vow that I would do something about it. I would like it that you stop criticizing me on every little thing and try and rationalize.

What puts you aside from the three other candidates for office? You have bountiful goals, but how will you accomplish them that COE and the two others can't?

What experience do you have in any regional position that makes you ready for to head the second-largest regional legislature in NationStates?

Candidates for TNP positions frequently list regional figures as their allies. Is there any government official in TNP that you have discussed your campaign with and might call your ally?

Leekem:
You have a point there Alvino Castillon, but the issue was getting larger and larger so an opportunity came along and I took it.
[me]quickly burns a few old parts to prevent a pyramid.

So you took a political opportunity to gain an advantage against a potential rival? I just want to make sure I got that nice and clear before I run an assumption.

You know seeing that vacancy hurt me because I couldn't offer my skill to the TNP.
Well, I'm really sorry to see that you were hurt, but there is a point where COE had to decide who to place. I understand the concept of "working up for experience", but that always doesn't apply.

I know he wasn't obligated to place me their, in fact he couldn't but he the power to persuade because he was so high in the legislative.
...I'm not sure if I understand this whole sentence... elaborate?

But the fact that he didn't get back to me and explain that he was sorry and that nothing could be done hurt my soul.
Or you know... he could also be busy with his own real life work that he couldn't take a moment to message everyone, but have enough time to get RA matters in order. That actually does happen a lot.

I made a vow that I would do something about it. I would like it that you stop criticizing me on every little thing and try and rationalize.
Now you have two problems.
1. This isn't a little thing. In my mind, this is a quite serious matter, and I'm not very big on withholding feedback for political gain... in fact, as a Minister, I LOVE feedback. It makes your enjoyment of the region better and it makes it easier for us to know what the people want to see more of.
2. Being Speaker is not a simple task. Being elected requires you to be ready for any critique and "irrational" person that you come across. To me, it seems like you're trying to press away from a specific issue which isn't clearly so black and white.

I'll walk away from this, since you want me to. Just food for thought in a case like this. Also, there are other ways to get involved in the government other than Deputy Speaker, and I would suggest having a look around so you can gain more experience in government.

SillyString:
Do you know what the North Pacific was build on a decade ago? It was built on the principles of democracy, liberty, freedom, and justice for all.

Can you provide examples when, in your opinion, TNP failed to live up to each of the goals you have listed? When has democracy failed us? When has justice failed us?

Crushing our enemies does a ok job as speaker but I fine he does not connect with the public as I do.

How do you best connect with the public? In what way does COE fail in this?

Now, we all that the world can be syndical and bombastic and it's our job to stay on top of it; which COE has not done and it's about time he be removed.

...COE didn't sniff out some bombs? Well, that's certainly a failure on his part. I will write that on his permanent record.

Alternatively: huh?

• Clearly execute the powers given to me for the benefit of the North Pacific

Can you please enumerate the powers that the office of Speaker holds? Do you believe that COE has been unclear in his execution of these powers?

• Communicate with the delegate and other members of the government to compromise on what will be best for the North Pacific

This is an interesting idea. So your position is that it is better to compromise on what would be best for the region and take a less appealing position, in order to avoid governmental strife that could itself damage the region? Could you expand on this a bit more?

• Use my powers responsible

What do you consider responsible use of the speaker's powers? Has COE been irresponsible?

• Listen to the people of the North Pacific and do what is best for them

Which group of people will you primarily be seeking input from? How would you weight the forum community versus the regional community in terms of say?

• Make the North Pacific the best region in the world

What criteria do you use to measure "best" region? How will you achieve these goals?

Thanks in advance for your answers, and good luck! :)
As for your first question the game was set up in 2002 and wittiness say the North Pacific is one of the oldest region on the game. Therefore, it has existing for more than a decade. Have you ever been to the North Pacific page; it says Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful. Also it said in the constitution and the bill of rights that the citizens of the North Pacific has these rights. I never said TNP failed to live up to these principles but if I'm elected I can enforce these principles. COE fails at this by not doing what the people want. I asked him for a favor that easily could be done and he never answered me back. When I first joined the North Pacific, you've read this, I had no friend. So when I started to build up my reputation I greeted every new comer to TNP and offered my friendship. This is how I plan to connect with the TNP citizens. Do you know bombastic means? It means grandiloquent, pompous speech or writing. So I'm trying to say the world can be superficial and harsh. You must be on top of it to succeed which COE needs to work on. Some powers of the Speaker of the house is to be the citizens representative. He representatives the views of ordinary citizens. Or this is how I see it. I personally do not think he has failed to execute these powers, but it could have been done better. Yes you hit the nail on the head. I feel it is better to communicate on the citizens behave in order to have a successful and cooperative region. When I say use my power responsible I mean to the benefits of the people and not to self-gain. Now, has COE done this, I do not know. He may have but if he did it was not disclosed to the public. Now this is an interesting question. I will try to use both, regional community and forum community. I would be leading more towards regional community because they don't have input because they are not on the forum. So how will their ideas be used unless I reach out to them. In my opinion the best region is a region who is one with their people and strive for excellent. To do this the government must work as one single entity in order to perform the duties that approach us. Thank You for these questions and I'm glad to answer them for you.

Alvino Castillon:
Leekem:
You have a point there Alvino Castillon, but the issue was getting larger and larger so an opportunity came along and I took it.
Alvino Castillon quickly burns a few old parts to prevent a pyramid.

So you took a political opportunity to gain an advantage against a potential rival? I just want to make sure I got that nice and clear before I run an assumption.

You know seeing that vacancy hurt me because I couldn't offer my skill to the TNP.
Well, I'm really sorry to see that you were hurt, but there is a point where COE had to decide who to place. I understand the concept of "working up for experience", but that always doesn't apply.

I know he wasn't obligated to place me their, in fact he couldn't but he the power to persuade because he was so high in the legislative.
...I'm not sure if I understand this whole sentence... elaborate?

But the fact that he didn't get back to me and explain that he was sorry and that nothing could be done hurt my soul.
Or you know... he could also be busy with his own real life work that he couldn't take a moment to message everyone, but have enough time to get RA matters in order. That actually does happen a lot.

I made a vow that I would do something about it. I would like it that you stop criticizing me on every little thing and try and rationalize.
Now you have two problems.
1. This isn't a little thing. In my mind, this is a quite serious matter, and I'm not very big on withholding feedback for political gain... in fact, as a Minister, I LOVE feedback. It makes your enjoyment of the region better and it makes it easier for us to know what the people want to see more of.
2. Being Speaker is not a simple task. Being elected requires you to be ready for any critique and "irrational" person that you come across. To me, it seems like you're trying to press away from a specific issue which isn't clearly so black and white.

I'll walk away from this, since you want me to. Just food for thought in a case like this. Also, there are other ways to get involved in the government other than Deputy Speaker, and I would suggest having a look around so you can gain more experience in government.
Now Alvino Castillon I did not want to be his deputy speaker but another ones. I guess you can say that for better or for worst. I did want to take a political opportunity in preparation for this job I am currently running. What not to get about the sentence. He had the power to persuade. He could of done it but didn't and I accept that. But this is just to show that their are flaws or holes in the government that could be fixed. I am not an irrational person, but I now got into this election and it just seems like you guys are pounding at me and I just needs a little break to coherently get my thought together.

Can I have a haiku detailing how you feel your campaign may have gone wrong at this point and how you intend to win popular support back.

Iro:
What puts you aside from the three other candidates for office? You have bountiful goals, but how will you accomplish them that COE and the two others can't?

What experience do you have in any regional position that makes you ready for to head the second-largest regional legislature in NationStates?

Candidates for TNP positions frequently list regional figures as their allies. Is there any government official in TNP that you have discussed your campaign with and might call your ally?
Iro, you know the advantage I think I have over my other opponents is that I am the common man. I wasn't in the government like COE or my other opponents. They've been in the government so long they have probably forgotten about the ordinary person. I wasn't always a forum user. I haven't forgotten my allies outside the forum. I have had a political friend, the former delegate,mcmasterdonia and we talked a little. We were friends. Bottom line I think I have some great ideas and you should give me a chance to express them.

GoalVA:
Can I have a haiku detailing how you feel your campaign may have gone wrong at this point and how you intend to win popular support back.
I feel my campaign went wrong when I mentioned my predecessor, if I am elected , COE. A lot of controversy arose when I spoke about him. I plan to win support back by elaborating on m y ideas and explain why I'm best for the job.

If there are 105 members of the Regional Assembly and there is a vote to enact a law and 23 vote in favor, 2 abstain, and 1 votes in opposition, what happens?

Thank you for your quick responses! I would suggest for next time using some space between various ideas - as posted, it's a bit hard to read. :)

Some followup:

As for your first question the game was set up in 2002 and wittiness say the North Pacific is one of the oldest region on the game. Therefore, it has existing for more than a decade. Have you ever been to the North Pacific page; it says Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful. Also it said in the constitution and the bill of rights that the citizens of the North Pacific has these rights. I never said TNP failed to live up to these principles but if I'm elected I can enforce these principles.

Yes, you never said that, but all regions fall short of their ideals, some more often than others. I'm hoping you can think of some examples where TNP has done this - either recently or throughout its long history. Learning from the past is part of how we do better in the future.

COE fails at this by not doing what the people want. I asked him for a favor that easily could be done and he never answered me back.

I saw your complaint against him about this, but does that really qualify as not doing what the people want?

In order to carry out the expressed will of the people, not everyone can get everything they want. If you are elected speaker, you will undoubtedly face situations that will force you to make a decision that will result in someone losing out on something - a position, a vote, and so on. Can you talk a bit about how you would handle this? How would you decide the best approach to handle conflicting interests?

When I first joined the North Pacific, you've read this, I had no friend. So when I started to build up my reputation I greeted every new comer to TNP and offered my friendship. This is how I plan to connect with the TNP citizens.

Will you be doing anything else to connect with TNPers besides just offering friendship? Do you plan to visit the IRC at all?

Do you know bombastic means? It means grandiloquent, pompous speech or writing. So I'm trying to say the world can be superficial and harsh.

But the first set of adjectives you provided doesn't match the second. Which is it - harsh or impressive?

You must be on top of it to succeed which COE needs to work on.

How has he not stayed on top of a world either harsh or impressive? Has he failed to keep up with his duties in some way?

Some powers of the Speaker of the house is to be the citizens representative. He representatives the views of ordinary citizens. Or this is how I see it.

How does the speaker represent the views of the citizens? Are these citizens distinct from the citizens of the RA? How does this representation conflict with the speaker's duties to run the bureaucracy of the RA?

I personally do not think he has failed to execute these powers, but it could have been done better.

In what ways has he fallen short? How could he have done better? How will you do better than he has?

Yes you hit the nail on the head. I feel it is better to communicate on the citizens behave in order to have a successful and cooperative region.

Would you say that it is better to communicate on behalf of the citizens rather than allowing them to communicate themselves? If so, why is that?

When I say use my power responsible I mean to the benefits of the people and not to self-gain. Now, has COE done this, I do not know. He may have but if he did it was not disclosed to the public.

Another thought question for you: Can you describe a scenario where you might feel temptation to use the powers of the Speaker for personal gain? How would you handle this temptation? Is there anything that you would do preemptively to lessen the possibility of abuse of power?

Now this is an interesting question. I will try to use both, regional community and forum community. I would be leading more towards regional community because they don't have input because they are not on the forum. So how will their ideas be used unless I reach out to them.

How would you seek to remain in contact the regional community, seeing as the Speaker does not serve as delegate and cannot send region-wide TGs? Is attempting to engage the regional community a job best fit for the speaker, or is it something that belongs more with, say, the Ministry of Culture? Would trying to reach out to over 5000 nations impede your ability to carry out the administrative tasks of the Speaker?

Once again, thank you in advance for your time. :)

Eluvatar:
If there are 105 members of the Regional Assembly and there is a vote to enact a law and 23 vote in favor, 2 abstain, and 1 votes in opposition, what happens?
Well Eluvatar, then the vote is past because the majority of who voted wanted the law.

I wasn't in the government like COE or my other opponents.
Isn't government experience a plus because then you actually know what you're doing? How can you vouch that you know what you're doing?
I haven't forgotten my allies outside the forum.
But one must register on the forum to receive a vote in the RA. Are you suggesting that we let completely random people who, for all we know, come from a raiding organization that wishes to do us harm, get a vote in our government?
I have had a political friend, the former delegate,mcmasterdonia and we talked a little
Could you get McMasterdonia to come here and say that you two are allies?
When I first joined the North Pacific, you've read this, I had no friend.
Click on the Docks, where every newcomer goes to register for membership. There you can find the FAQs, Yellow Pages, and Newcomer Guides, all of which provide links to resources and people that you could read/contact to get acclimated. In addition, you could've made a new thread announcing your registration and asking for help. You did none of these things. Doesn't this show a lack of initiative on your part?

I think my previous post may have been passed over. I'd like to repeat my request for your permission to post screenshots of all our Private Message communications to date.

Leekem:
Eluvatar:
Well Eluvatar, then the vote is past because the majority of who voted wanted the law.

I'm sorry that's wrong because the Constitution requires 1/3 of the RA to vote for there to be a quorum and without a quorum nothing can pass (and 26 < 105/3).

If you had to pick a pop music video to represent your campaign for Speaker, what would it be and why?

Listen, in response to everything that has been occurring since my nomination was accepted, with my competition, COE, I would like to clear up a few things. Now, do I have a problem with COE personally, no I do not. He has helped me with certain things, since I've been on nation states. In politics, though, you must show people why they must vote for you and not your opposition. Therefore, the claim I made to you about COE, might have been inaccurate. My job here is to help persuade undecided people who don't know whom to vote for. So if your going to vote for COE, no matter what; fine so be it. I don't mind. My job is to persuade people who don't know. I've realized people who are asking me questions are definitely voting for him, so they shouldn't be on my campaign. They should be supporting him, while I try to gain my supporters. As to COE I apologize for my wrong and sinful action I may have pursued during the cost of this election. Although, this doesn't the fact that I still have to proved to people why I should be elected. But I realized that I will leave you, in particularly, out of it. So, before I explain my views to you; you are permitted to ask questions, but they must pertain to the topic. You may ask questions why do I differed from my opponents but not questions that will agonized me from him. Therefore, lets begin.
I believed to be a good speaker, you must be proud, intelligent, and well spoken. I fine I possess these qualities. I am big on ethnicity and equality for all. I believed that if a county or region is at one with their people then you have a good country. I have spoken to our former delegate when he reached his hand out to me. If I'm elected I know I have to make difficult decisions and no one perfect. But I believed I can steer our region with the help of higher officials into a new century by offering my ideas and perspectives. I find if you have a common man in the government it will show people of maybe a lower financial status or someone not on the forum that they have a voice and they have someone who can provide aid. Albert Einstein once said " Genius is one percent talent and 99 percent hard work", so I will work hard for our region and fight for what the people deserve. In my view, TNP, is one of the best regions and we can explore up to new heights.
Thank You

Honorable Leekem,

I am glad that you are running for Speaker; I feel it is important for TNP that people of varying degrees of experience hold office.

What does it mean to agonize you from COE?

What does it mean to be big on ethnicity for all?

When an author of a bill asks that it not be voted on yet to allow revision but several Assembly members ask for a vote on the bill as written, how would you act?

Eluvatar:
What does it mean to agonize you from COE?

What does it mean to be big on ethnicity for all?

When an author of a bill asks that it not be voted on yet to allow revision but several Assembly members ask for a vote on the bill as written, how would you act?
When I say agonize, I meant that people was just throwing questions at me to spite me because of what I said to COE and I do not want that.
It means I like to have people from different races, social classes, and financial status grouped as one.
I would explain to the author that assembly members would like a vote and I would give it a specific amount of time to make his revisions and if he does not when the time is up it goes to a vote.

Tim:
If you had to pick a pop music video to represent your campaign for Speaker, what would it be and why?
This is a very important question, Sir. Why are you unjustly discriminating against me by ignoring it.

I would like to point out that my questions are completely in earnest and I hope that you take the time to answer them. :) Thanks!

Tim:
Tim:
This is a very important question, Sir. Why are you unjustly discriminating against me by ignoring it.
If I had to chose a pop music video for my job for Speaker. I would chose Thriller by Micheal Jackson, becaus the job a speaker is exciting and enthralling. Thriller is a action pack music video that I fine describe the job of a speaker very well.

SillyString:
Thank you for your quick responses! I would suggest for next time using some space between various ideas - as posted, it's a bit hard to read. :)

Some followup:

As for your first question the game was set up in 2002 and wittiness say the North Pacific is one of the oldest region on the game. Therefore, it has existing for more than a decade. Have you ever been to the North Pacific page; it says Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful. Also it said in the constitution and the bill of rights that the citizens of the North Pacific has these rights. I never said TNP failed to live up to these principles but if I'm elected I can enforce these principles.

Yes, you never said that, but all regions fall short of their ideals, some more often than others. I'm hoping you can think of some examples where TNP has done this - either recently or throughout its long history. Learning from the past is part of how we do better in the future.

COE fails at this by not doing what the people want. I asked him for a favor that easily could be done and he never answered me back.

I saw your complaint against him about this, but does that really qualify as not doing what the people want?

In order to carry out the expressed will of the people, not everyone can get everything they want. If you are elected speaker, you will undoubtedly face situations that will force you to make a decision that will result in someone losing out on something - a position, a vote, and so on. Can you talk a bit about how you would handle this? How would you decide the best approach to handle conflicting interests?

When I first joined the North Pacific, you've read this, I had no friend. So when I started to build up my reputation I greeted every new comer to TNP and offered my friendship. This is how I plan to connect with the TNP citizens.

Will you be doing anything else to connect with TNPers besides just offering friendship? Do you plan to visit the IRC at all?

Do you know bombastic means? It means grandiloquent, pompous speech or writing. So I'm trying to say the world can be superficial and harsh.

But the first set of adjectives you provided doesn't match the second. Which is it - harsh or impressive?

You must be on top of it to succeed which COE needs to work on.

How has he not stayed on top of a world either harsh or impressive? Has he failed to keep up with his duties in some way?

Some powers of the Speaker of the house is to be the citizens representative. He representatives the views of ordinary citizens. Or this is how I see it.

How does the speaker represent the views of the citizens? Are these citizens distinct from the citizens of the RA? How does this representation conflict with the speaker's duties to run the bureaucracy of the RA?

I personally do not think he has failed to execute these powers, but it could have been done better.

In what ways has he fallen short? How could he have done better? How will you do better than he has?

Yes you hit the nail on the head. I feel it is better to communicate on the citizens behave in order to have a successful and cooperative region.

Would you say that it is better to communicate on behalf of the citizens rather than allowing them to communicate themselves? If so, why is that?

When I say use my power responsible I mean to the benefits of the people and not to self-gain. Now, has COE done this, I do not know. He may have but if he did it was not disclosed to the public.

Another thought question for you: Can you describe a scenario where you might feel temptation to use the powers of the Speaker for personal gain? How would you handle this temptation? Is there anything that you would do preemptively to lessen the possibility of abuse of power?

Now this is an interesting question. I will try to use both, regional community and forum community. I would be leading more towards regional community because they don't have input because they are not on the forum. So how will their ideas be used unless I reach out to them.

How would you seek to remain in contact the regional community, seeing as the Speaker does not serve as delegate and cannot send region-wide TGs? Is attempting to engage the regional community a job best fit for the speaker, or is it something that belongs more with, say, the Ministry of Culture? Would trying to reach out to over 5000 nations impede your ability to carry out the administrative tasks of the Speaker?

Once again, thank you in advance for your time. :)
Yes for the first question, your right, some regions fall short of your ideals. Unfortunately I can't remember a time that TNP did not stick to the god given rights it gave to its people. This election, itself, is a privilege; some regions don't even have these. We celebrate that the ratification of the TNP constitution on July 7. Since then every right and creed was given to its citizens. This is why I like being a citizen of TNP because I am in a region where our rights are sacrosanct.
Second question: Well, being a speaker you have to make though choices. The job of a speaker is to make the decision that in the best interest of the region as a whole. My competitor, I'm sure did this best to his ability. I can really give you a concrete answer; judging by the circumstances I'm under. But I can tell you make a good decision you must rationalize. You must say to yourself what is in our best interest to do. Should I give this person what they want or this person that will benefit the region. Its is a though to do but I think i have the mentality to do it.
Third question Yes I do plan on connecting with TNPer's in other ways. I will, as you said join the IRC and also include them in all things having to do with the government. I believe the current government is holding information back from its it citizens, now I can give you specific; but there is more information we should know.
Fourth Question No my two set of adjectives did match up. The first set I used was prejudice and bombastic. Now prejudice is like a synonym for superficial and bombastic is bombastic.
Fifth Question No, I promised to leave COE out as much as possible but I will try to answer. To be on top of a world that harsh and impressive, as you said, you have to have your own voice and input. You can not let people boss you around and make you do something that in the best interest for them. You must concise and your own person. These are things that a good speaker must have.
Sixth Question The speaker represents the views of ordinary by getting their intake on issues that are currently int he region. Discuss issues to citizens int he RA by displaying your points on this forum. Send out telegrams to those off site via your nation. Get the facts and displaying them to government and make sure the people voice is heard!
Seventh Question He couldn't have reached out more. I would look through the members on the forum if they have any issues with our region and try aid them with it. Unless I reached out to him, myself, I wouldn't get help and it shouldn't be that way.
Eighth question Yes I would say it would be better to communicate on behave on the citizens and then display it to the government. If they do it themselves to much chaos. But I do it I could get the general opinion of the citizens and then pass that information along.
I just skipping the next question no time.
Last question Now the job of a speaker is very busy but I will try to get as many as I can to get log on the forum so I wouldn't have to do this. I would send message to nations informing them of the r=forum and all the issues that are implicating our community. Maybe take a poll to find out the general view of the issue or incident. These are the kind of task I want to be doing as the Speaker.

1. Please describe to me the requirements for a haiku.

2. In haiku, please describe to me the requirements for a haiku.

3. In haiku, please describe to me the requirements for a haiku in haiku.

4. Please pick the most accurate term for question 3:
  • Haikukuku
  • Haikuception
  • Haikuna Matata

Back