Kiwi for Vice Delegate.

Kiwi

TNPer
Kiwi for Vice Delegate
Hello friends!

It seems like it's that time again in TNP and it would be my honour and privilege to serve as Vice Delegate of the region. As head of the regional military for roughly 5 months now, I feel that I have earned a chance to serve as many TNP citizens have before me.

Why should you pick me?
  • I feel that it would be a great change to have someone outside the security council to serve as it's chair. Blue Wolf has done a fantastic job but it would be wonderful to see someone else in the position.
  • I've served the region now in varied capacities for nearly a year and have proven that I am both reliable and trustworthy. TNP has and always will be my first priority. More than that, it's my home.
  • Few can debate that I am one of the most active players in TNP.
What would I change as VD?
That is a really tough question and in some ways it's a bit presumptuous considering I haven't had the chance to take on the role before. I think though (depending on who becomes delegate) I would like to see the Vice Delegate interact more with the delegate and take on some of the delegate's workload. I think this will see the region work more smoothly. The Vice Delegate also needs to actively play devil's advocate so that the delegate is always on their toes. The Executive Council can advise but their positions are dependent on the delegate. The Vice Delegate is safe to say what they like so they should never hold back.

Anyway if anyone has any questions I will answer the best I can.

I have a few questions if you would like to answer them:

1. You voted for the recall of security council member pasargad. What were your reasons for the recall?
2. Are there any other members of the security council you would currently favour the RA recalling?
3. Do you believe security council members can pre-emptively conspire and take up arms against the delegate if they suspect he might be about to purge?
4. If so, do you believe they should still face repercussions afterwards for undermining the sitting delegate?
5. Will you trust external advice in a time of crisis?
6. Do you like rum?
7. What about turnips?
TopAd-14.jpg

1. You voted for the recall of security council member pasargad. What were your reasons for the recall?
His behaviour was unbecoming of a SC member. Period. His moaning about the Facebook page being taken off, the way he treated newcomers and ultimately the way he had interacted with me (even if in jest) lead to that decision. I do not regret making it. If I'm VD when he decides to reapply, I will abstain from the vote. Naturally.
2. Are there any other members of the security council you would currently favour the RA recalling?
No. All of the other security council members are people I have a tremendous amount of respect for.
3. Do you believe security council members can pre-emptively conspire and take up arms against the delegate if they suspect he might be about to purge?
It would depend on the circumstances but I cannot think of a situation that would warrant a SC member taking the delegacy BEFORE a rogue delegate goes rogue. In TNP the SC members have such high influence that they would be able to claim the delegacy from a rogue delegate quickly and efficiently in such a situation. The NPA also hold a lot of influence among us to try and prevent our quick ejection. Personally I'm trying to keep as many nations with influence in TNP as I can to aid in such an eventuality. Feel free to elaborate if I haven't answered you adequately.
4. If so, do you believe they should still face repercussions afterwards for undermining the sitting delegate?
I guess given my answer in the previous question, yes. As I cannot think of evidence strong enough to warrant the removal of a delegate before they purge TNP citizens.
5. Will you trust external advice in a time of crisis?
Always. I routinely seek advice from my generals and officers.
6. Do you like rum?
Indeed! The more the better.
7. What about turnips?
They're almost as awesome as kiwis. Almost.

Feel free to ask anything else.

Thank you for a very thorough and quick answering of my questions!

"Will you trust external advice?" For example, if Frak says "send unendorsement telegrams today" and Biyah says "don't", and Govindia says "call in the FRA", then, as these are external people, do you discount them automatically, or take them all on board, or distrust them based on your own personal experience of their actions?

It was a bit of a random question but I thought it would be fun to ask.

One question, if I may: I would like for you to pen me a Haiku explaining how you are more suitable than a member of the security council.

Chasmanthe:
Thank you for a very thorough and quick answering of my questions!

"Will you trust external advice?" For example, if Frak says "send unendorsement telegrams today" and Biyah says "don't", and Govindia says "call in the FRA", then, as these are external people, do you discount them automatically, or take them all on board, or distrust them based on your own personal experience of their actions?

It was a bit of a random question but I thought it would be fun to ask.
Ah. I think it would very much depend on the people in question. I would probably seek advice from those I trust on whether the advice is worth following.

Discussion and debate are the fundamentals of good governance and good decision-making.

I don't know if that answers your question but I hope so!

GoalVA:
One question, if I may: I would like for you to pen me a Haiku explaining how you are more suitable than a member of the security council.
I'm terrible at this sort of thing... but how about...

A Vice Delegate
that does not come from within
brings forth new ideas

What is your opinion of nations that gather over 300 endorsements who are not the Delegate, Vice Delegate, or Security Council members?

Eluvatar:
What is your opinion of nations that gather over 300 endorsements who are not the Delegate, Vice Delegate, or Security Council members?
I think the problem is that new players aren't always going to understand how the law works. That said, the players in this position aren't always going to be new players. The nations themselves aren't good or bad nor do they necessary have sinister motives. They just need to be watched closely, unfortunately. I was having a conversation about such a nation with Jamie the other day.

I guess this is one reason why the delegate and vice delegate should maintain as much of a gap as possible. That way, even if a nation pushes over the vice delegate's endorsement level, the region is no real danger.

So in summary such nations need to be watched closely to ascertain whether they will rise over the Vice Delegate's endorsement level but otherwise I have no opinion of them. This is the price we pay for not having an endorsement cap.

Does that answer your question? :)

Scarpanto:
Please disclose any other organizations or regions you currently hold membership in.
I have previously held citizenship in Osiris, TSP and Taijitu but I'm reasonably certain that most of those have lapsed.

I'm a member of the Cat Burglars (a friendly type of raiding group if you hadn't heard of them) although we haven't done much of late.

In my capacity as head of the NPA I've worked with the UDL, the FRA, TBH, Unknown, Balder, BI, TSP, LWU, TP, Equilism and a host of other regions / orgs on both sides of the R/D paradigm.

My true loyalty is to TNP, however which is beyond the bickering of R/D gameplay.

Does that answer your question to a satisfactory level?

Kiwi:
Scarpanto:
Please disclose any other organizations or regions you currently hold membership in.
I have previously held citizenship in Osiris, TSP and Taijitu but I'm reasonably certain that most of those have lapsed.

I'm a member of the Cat Burglars (a friendly type of raiding group if you hadn't heard of them) although we haven't done much of late.

In my capacity as head of the NPA I've worked with the UDL, the FRA, TBH, Unknown, Balder, BI, TSP, LWU, TP, Equilism and a host of other regions / orgs on both sides of the R/D paradigm.

My true loyalty is to TNP, however which is beyond the bickering of R/D gameplay.

Does that answer your question to a satisfactory level?
It does. Thank you.

Kiwi:
I guess this is one reason why the delegate and vice delegate should maintain as much of a gap as possible. That way, even if a nation pushes over the vice delegate's endorsement level, the region is no real danger.
How much of a gap is appropriate, do you think? Does it not also benefit regional security to allow as many native nations as possible to gain as much influence as possible? The higher the VD's endocount, the more influence the natives of TNP can accrue, and the harder it will be for a rogue delegate or an invader delegate to eject them.

Crushing Our Enemies:
Kiwi:
How much of a gap is appropriate, do you think? Does it not also benefit regional security to allow as many native nations as possible to gain as much influence as possible? The higher the VD's endocount, the more influence the natives of TNP can accrue, and the harder it will be for a rogue delegate or an invader delegate to eject them.
It's very much a balancing act. On top of that, if you endotart I suspect it's difficult to keep your endorsements at a given number so you have to be careful. I think the current difference is more than 80 endorsements. At a guess, I think I would aim for a minimum of 50-60. I definitely don't think you would want too much less than that. External influence plus an unendorsement campaign could bridge that gap relatively quickly.

Naturally it's great for natives to have as much influence as possible but again you have to strike a balance between these factors. I suspect if we have a rogue delegate, it will be a nation without a lot of influence so nations who have actively been at 300ish endorsements for a period of time are most likely going to be difficult to eject on mass.

Anyway sorry about the wall of text! Hope that somewhat portrays my personal views.

His behaviour was unbecoming of a SC member. Period. His moaning about the Facebook page being taken off, the way he treated newcomers and ultimately the way he had interacted with me (even if in jest) lead to that decision. I do not regret making it. If I'm VD when he decides to reapply, I will abstain from the vote. Naturally.
are you aware that i was the acting chair of SC and i was well within my duties as acting chair to issue necessary warning on behalf of SC.
i strongly object your use of the
phrase regarding my request regarding TNP face book page.
ultimately the way he had interacted with me
so what you mean by this is that you ultimately voted for my removal because of personal grudge against me.
your answer clearly shows that you are not suitable for the post of VD whose responsibility is to guard TNP and elected delegate.by putting your personal interest above security of the region .

You were not acting chair at the time you made threats to Newmist. You took those actions without the support of the Security Council, the Delegate, or the Vice Delegate.

You did moan about the Facebook page.

mcmasterdonia:
You were not acting chair at the time you made threats to Newmist. You took those actions without the support of the Security Council, the Delegate, or the Vice Delegate.

You did moan about the Facebook page.
@mcm i was the acting chair since i was the longest serving member of the SC ,if you do not know something zip it.
about moaning issue i clearly remember your moaning about not hacking which lead to mods deleting your WA nation. :cry:

A typical response from you :eyeroll:

Longest serving member doesn't make you acting Chair. The newmist situation was when I was Delegate, the chairs in that time were Tim, Great Bights Mum and Blue Wolf II. You took the action as an individual member, and pretended to be speaking for the Security Council.

I'm not sure why it's relevant to Kiwi's campaign thread. But please don't pretend you were innocent of any wrong doing, you apologized for said wrong doing, but you were recalled by the Regional Assembly for your actions surrounding the Newmist affair. You were not acting chair then.

mcmasterdonia:
A typical response from you :eyeroll:

Longest serving member doesn't make you acting Chair. The newmist situation was when I was Delegate, the chairs in that time were Tim, Great Bights Mum and Blue Wolf II. You took the action as an individual member, and pretended to be speaking for the Security Council.

I'm not sure why it's relevant to Kiwi's campaign thread. But please don't pretend you were innocent of any wrong doing, you apologized for said wrong doing, but you were recalled by the Regional Assembly for your actions surrounding the Newmist affair. You were not acting chair then.
b. In the event that the Vice Delegate is unable or unavailable to handle the above duties, the Acting Chair who shall temporary runs the day-to-day business of the Security Council will be the nation with the longest length of service on the Council.
]
that makes me the acting chair .
i have not broken any laws ,the question was and is was my actions in the interest of TNP ,in the end i accepted and apologized for my actions and took responsibility for my actions.if you think i have done something wrong i look forward to your complaint in the court, i was just questioning the merit of kiwi's vote for my recall.

When was the Vice Delegate unable to carry out his duties in that particular moment that you decided to threaten Newmist? We also have the line of succession, GBM is acting chair if the Vice Delegate is removed or unable to serve.

mcmasterdonia:
When was the Vice Delegate unable to carry out his duties in that particular moment that you decided to threaten Newmist? We also have the line of succession, GBM is acting chair if the Vice Delegate is removed or unable to serve.
the law says the longest serving member and does not consider line of succession and at that time i was the longest serving member,
and VD did not respond to the topic for newmist for several days ,i consider that unavailability of VD .

Pasargad:
mcmasterdonia:
the law says the longest serving member and does not consider line of succession and at that time i was the longest serving member,
and VD did not respond to the topic for newmist for several days ,i consider that unavailability of VD .
The order of succession is relevant, not the length of service.

In the absence of the VD you were the top of the order of succession anyway.

So you are both talking falsehoods.

Pasargad:
i will not comment on this topic any more sorry for derailing kiwi's topic. wish kiwi all the best
I apologise if it sounded nasty. That certainly wasn't my intent. My intention was to simply answer the question honestly, not to answer maliciously.

My sincere advice would be to acknowledge your wrongdoing and try to move forward as opposed to arguing the point to no end. The people don't care if you're wrong, they care if THEY THINK you're wrong. You're better to apologise for something you feel you didn't do than to argue a point that decision makers have already decided. If that makes sense.

Personally, the minute you said: "you know what? I'm sorry I sidetracked the thread. Good luck even though I feel you have wronged me." My respect for you went up much more than if you'd argued the point to no end here.

Should you consider reapplying for the SC in the future I will seriously consider voting for it.

What song best describes your campaign and if elected which song would you have as your theme song?

Could I have an acrostic poem that spells out "KIWIFORVD" that explains what benefit we gain from separately electing our VD vs. letting the Delegate choose?

Borndisaster:
What song best describes your campaign and if elected which song would you have as your theme song?
Hmm this was a really tough one that I tried to think about carefully. I couldn't come up with anything particularly witty, I'm afraid.

My campaign song will be - we are the champions although referring more to TNP than I.

My ongoing theme if I win will be "Oops I did it again". That way, I'm prepared if I do anything wrong. :cry:

Iro:
Could I have an acrostic poem that spells out "KIWIFORVD" that explains what benefit we gain from separately electing our VD vs. letting the Delegate choose?
No. That's hard :(

Find a word that actually relates to that question and I'll do it :P

Eluvatar:
If the Delegate were to proclaim the constitution null and void, how would you respond?
Eluturtle! Always coming up with the interesting questions.

I suppose technically in any system of government, officials have a duty to safeguard the rule of law. I suppose in theory that extends to the constitution.

I think it would very much depend on the circumstances as to what I would do. If the delegate declared it void and then went rogue ejecting nations left, right and center... well I guess I would consult with cabinet / the SC and take appropriate action.

For the most part, I think if the delegate gave a legitimate reason for it being null and void (I can't think of one) it would be the job of the courts to decide the point and my duty to enforce that decision through any means necessary. Certainly if there was no _immediate concern_ or breach of citizens rights, it wouldn't warrant an immediate response.

Consultation and discussion among government/SC would go a long way. This is what I love about TNP, most of us get on IRC and discuss things! The justices and CJ are available on hand to give their opinions as are members of the security council (including yourself, Roman and Blue Wolf).

I have no idea whether that answers your question.

Essentially the delegate cannot declare it null and void. That would be acting Ultra Vires. I would hope the court would declare such or someone would hopefully point it out to the delegate. If the delegate then refuses to let the courts decide the matter... I assume he or she would need to be removed.

Hmm how about that? I'm sure you understand TNP law better than me though Elu.

Yes the Constitution and Bill of Rights are quite explicit that they are supreme law and no official including the Delegate may suspend or void them.

Ah. Well then the judiciary nor the executive has any place to declare them invalid.

In which case... if the delegate refuses to recognise them... then he or she would need to be removed :(.

I would still want the support of the security council / cabinet (excluding the delegate) before doing that.

Back