ELECTION TO THE FIQH

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
Esteemed worshippers,

The Fiqh is becoming more busy; in order to maintain its reputation for fairness and speed, I am announcing today an expansion of the judiciary of the Fiqh and the election of two Qadi, or judges, to sit alongside me and give judgement in the Fiqh.

If you are interested in becoming a qadi, please post in this thread. Once the candidates are shortlisted, all Regional Assembly members will be able to vote for their preferred candidates.

Shortlisting selection criteria:

Essential Qualities:
Sympathy with the principles of Flemingovianism.
Sufficient activity to be able to respond promptly to requests for judgement. (we measure response time in hours, not weeks.)
Common sense, fairness, and maturity of judgement.

Desirable qualities:
Basic Understanding of legal principles, especially community courts.
Good humour and a level head.
You do not need to be a member of the Regional Assembly in order to become a qadi, but it is desirable.

Please note: the Fiqh is a different type of court. The emphasis is on restoration of community and reconciliation, not on punishment of offences. The aim of the Fiqh is to build the community of the North Pacific and to restore harmony on the forum. Any qadi would be expected to understand this and to be able to work to this aim.

I'm interested!

I promise to deliver swift justice, so swift that there will be a decision before the case is even filed!

All nominations are accepted except that of Romanoffia. He is a follower of the cheese god and, frankly, a bit of a dick.

Elections begin on 11th May.

flemingovia:
All nominations are accepted except that of Romanoffia. He is a follower of the cheese god and, frankly, a bit of a dick.

Oh, pooh. The Flemingovia God is a False God. There is but one God and it is the Cheese God!

Romanoffia:
flemingovia:

Oh, pooh. The Flemingovia God is a False God. There is but one God and it is the Cheese God!
Maybe I underestimated his dickness.

flemingovia:
Romanoffia:
flemingovia:

Maybe I underestimated his dickness.
You have no idea of the extent of my dickness. You want reform of the courts and legal system, etc.? Well, my dickness is about to blossom unto extents you yourself would never dream of!

As election commissioner for this election I will explain why I left Romanoffia off the ballot.

I decided, although I did not tell anyone, that I would only accept nominations from people whose name began with "R" if they were posted in one particular thread.

The thread in question was the "Guess who will post next" thread in OOC.

Roman failed to do so, so was not eligible to be on the ballot.

I would remind everyone that the law says this:

6. "Election Commissioner" is an individual designated to supervise a given election.

I interpret this to mean I can do as I like, and if you don't like it go screw yourselves. being an election commissioner gives me absolute power.

flemingovia:
As election commissioner for this election I will explain why I left Romanoffia off the ballot.

I decided, although I did not tell anyone, that I would only accept nominations from people whose name began with "R" if they were posted in one particular thread.

The thread in question was the "Guess who will post next" thread in OOC.

Roman failed to do so, so was not eligible to be on the ballot.

I would remind everyone that the law says this:

6. "Election Commissioner" is an individual designated to supervise a given election.

I interpret this to mean I can do as I like, and if you don't like it go screw yourselves. being an election commissioner gives me absolute power.
Yes, but were you lawfully and constitutionally appointed as an election commissioner for the Fiqh Court election and by whom and how much are they paid? :P

Now, if you look carefully at the aethers, you find carved in ectoplasm the unwritten rule that I may only be added to your ballot only if I stand on my left foot, while the moon is full, on a Tuesday that occurs in a year that is either a prime number or evenly divisible by the numbers 32, 69 and 47, but only if the guy doing the math is left-handed and wears a fedora hat that is purple.

This law is firmly carved in the air by the EC and has the force of law even though they made this law unknown to anyone but themselves so that they could selectively use it if they got upset and ran out of toilet paper (the Constitution and Legal Code in this instance).

It is also worth noting that if any of commoners or other little people ever discover the secret location of the unwritten and fluid Election Commission Rules, the members of the EC would be thrown into utter panic and proceed to run around in circles of ever decreasing size until they run up their own arseholes and disappear.

Take that to the bank! :fish:

I think someone needs to fill the position of Fiqh AG first. :P

But someone has to make an applications on the third Tuesday of a month that has two full moons in a year that evenly divisible of 42 while standing on one's left foot and whistling "The White Cliffs of Dover" while dressed as Vera Lynn. Oh, wait, that's the TNP Court requirements. Silly me. :lol:

Back