Abstainers International

punk d

TNPer
-
-
Greetings fellow members of the North Pacific. Today, I begin the Abstainers International political party.

Members of this party commit to abstain from every vote within the Regional Assembly to ensure that they show no bias! We choose not to make a decision and allow the rest of the region's fine citizens and assemblypersons choose for us.

Unite with me and the land of indecision!!

Members
Punk D

punk d:
Unite with me and the land of indecision!!
Not a good idea.

Nicolo Machiavelli:
And irresolute princes, to avoid present dangers, generally follow the neutral path, and are generally ruined. But when a prince declares himself gallantly in favour of one side, if the party with whom he allies himself conquers, although the victor may be powerful and may have him at his mercy, yet he is indebted to him, and there is established a bond of amity; and men are never so shameless as to become a monument of ingratitude by oppressing you. Victories after all are never so complete that the victor must not show some regard, especially to justice. But if he with whom you ally yourself loses, you may be sheltered by him, and whilst he is able he may aid you, and you become companions in a fortune that may rise again.

Mr. Freeze,

This assumes that the members of this party are irresolute. Quite the contrary, we are determined beyond doubt to making no decisions!! :p

Long live the Abstainers!!

1z2eru1.png

punk d:
This assumes that the members of this party are irresolute. Quite the contrary, we are determined beyond doubt to making no decisions!! :p
But a decision will be made with or without abstainers. :eyebrow:

Is some kind of civil disobedience?

@Lennart: I thought of the same thing. :D

This is swell. It reminds me I've been meaning to start a Procrastinators Party... but I just can't seem to get around to it.

The impetus for this party is that I am a Justice of TNP, and thus in every vote, I shall be abstaining until I'm no longer a Justice. I thought it prudent for TNP to have a party for we abstainers. :)

punk d:
The impetus for this party is that I am a Justice of TNP, and thus in every vote, I shall be abstaining until I'm no longer a Justice. I thought it prudent for TNP to have a party for we abstainers. :)
I'm curious as to why you feel it is your duty to surrender, in essence, your voting rights because you are a justice? Does government participation (Judge) preclude participating in government (Assemblyman)?

Chas - This is for all votes save WA votes. Anything related to TNP governance, the party encourages its members to abstain.

DD - I feel it best to abstain from political matters as justice as much aas possible in order to never have an air of partiality. Other justices are free to make their own decisions, but I figured it might be fun to start a political party.

Re: What if party members don't abstain?
No, they won't get the boot. This is a fun political party. :)

I resign from Abstainers International.

Thanks for accepting me in this, I appreciate it, but it is no longer a cause I feel I can dedicate myself to, the election showed I can no longer indulge in abstention.

Edit: please remove me from the OP member list too ;)

I shall be resigning my position within this party effective the same day that my time as a member of TNP's courts ends.

Changing my avatar back too.

Back