An Update from the Attorney General

Gaspo

TNPer
I wanted to take a minute to update the people of The North Pacific regarding the investigation into the Ravania incident. As many of you know, Ravania's trial is proceeding efficiently, and its conclusion is expected within the next two weeks. While the wheels of justice may turn more slowly than what one sees on TV, the process of determining guilt or innocence is complicated, and takes time. I am confident that the Courts will arrive at the right decision.

Regarding the investigation as a whole, it will yield indictments of two more individuals. Due to pressing RL matters, these indictments have not been filed yet, but will be submitted sometime in the next two weeks, as RL permits. I do not want to put myself in a position where I'm not sure I can fully complete a trial due to RL concerns. My finals end on May 2nd - you may expect those indictments within a week of that date, at the latest. There are no Statutes of Limitations under our current Constitution, and the evidence and witness testimony necessary for these cases has been preserved as a part of the Ravania trial, so there is little risk of the matters decaying over time, from a legal standpoint.

I am assigning deputies to address the matter filed by Jamie a few days ago - I look forward to mentoring them as they move forward with that investigation.

As always, the AG's Q&A thread is open if you have any questions about the office generally. If there are any questions about the contents of this statement, please ask them here. Thank you for your time.

Reginald Carmichael/Sovreignry has been removed as a Deputy following a complete failure to attend to his duties.

Malashaan will be joining the AG's Office as a Deputy, focusing on high-profile prosecutions.

Back