London: Aegon Targaryen
North England: Sovreignry
Midlands: Chefdevergue
Wales: Sir Thomas Insaniac
Scotland: Peter Phillips
North Ireland: James Mikaelson

News From BI

Prolific Politics

British Isles has experienced one of its most important political upheavals in the regions history this month after only nine days into the new term of parliament two planned attempts to unseat Prime Minister St. John Montclaire and challenge his majority in parliament led to near political collapse. An early election was called after Party member Kingborough Edwick-Kudrow called for a vote on Montclaire's majority with the support of independent Bryan von Richthofen, spurred on by knowledge of plans by Liberal Party members William Somerset and Kate and SDLP member Christopher Bishop to challenge the Prime Minister's leadership.

The election was fiercely contested with a total of fifteen different candidates vying for the seven parliamentary seats. In the end however the SDLP emerged victorious under the new leadership of Sir Thomas Insaniac, narrowly gaining a majority of four seats. The Free State Party, Liberal Party, and Labour Party each acquired one seat a piece from the remaining three places, leaving former opposition party The Union Party out in the cold with no seats in parliament.

Cameron M. Richthofen-Saxony (LP), Aegon Targaryen (SDLP), Peter Phillips (SDLP), Chefdevergue (SDLP), Sir Thomas Insaniac (SDLP), James Mikaelson (FS) and Sovreignry (LIB) made the final cut as our new members of parliament after a run-off election saw the three liberal party candidates fight it out for the last seat in parliament.

Media Blitz Hits The Region
As the politics heated up, so did the media with The Hash, Beacon Media, The Times, the Telegraph, The British Tribune and the Free State Press battling it out for readerships with bigger, better, more controversial articles from each of them.

In particular The Hash managed to make a splash when they got the scoop from the incoming Prime Minister Insaniac on his prospective cabinet appointments, nearly leading to a digital brawl over the suitability of George Young and Mark Black to hold office as deputy prime minister/secretary of justice respectively. The Hash has particularly gained a reputation as a controversial paper after it published a series of articles called The Stashed Chronicles by an anonymous author that were seen by some as bordering on libelous attacks on the SDLP, the majority party.

Abdication of the Queen

Dear Friends of the British Isles,

It is with both great sadness and great joy that the Foreign Office makes the the announcement to our allies and friends of the abdication of Her Royal Majesty Queen Georgiana from the throne of the Kingdom of the British Isles.

Her Royal Majesty issued her instrument of abdication, stating;

"It is with a heavy heart that I announce my abdication from the throne. As

many of you know I have found it difficult to discharge the duties as Queen in

my current circumstances. I pledge my loyalty to the new King and I ask that

you do so as well. Our kingdom has been successful because all of our citizens

contribute their all and therefore no one is indispensable. I take this decision in

that spirit. My last word must be to all of you who have joined me in the quest

to make this wonderful kingdom the very best it could be. Thank You.

God Save The King!"

The Prince of Wales has now ascended the throne as His Royal Majesty King Edward IX, second king of the British Isles - his coronation having taken place in front of the citizens of the British Isles.

We hope that this may usher in a new era for our region and lead to greater cooperation with the regions of the game.

God Save The King, May He Reign Long!

Regards,
Kingborough Edwick-MythiKa-Kudrow,
Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs.

Back