Delegate Succession Amendment

Hileville

TNPer
TNP Nation
Hileville
Discord
Dennrick#0489
Current Version:
8. If the Delegate is removed or unable to serve, the Vice Delegate will assume the duties of the Delegate. If the Vice Delegate is also unable to serve, the first available person in the line of succession will assume the duties of the Delegate.

Amended Version:
8. If the Delegate is removed or unable to serve, the Vice Delegate will assume the Office of the Delegate. If the Vice Delegate is also unable to serve, the first available person in the line of succession will assume the Office of the Delegate.

Eliminates special elections for Delegate.

I get the reasoning behind this, but I don't really like it. I think that the positions have quite different responsibilities, and I don't think that special elections are particularly burdensome.

Considering we have a history of Vice Delegates not winning the subsequent elections for Delegate, i.e. Tim, and potentially even Blue Wolf, I think it demonstrates that often the electorate is happy for that individual to serve in that capacity but not necessarily as the region's Delegate.

As GBM said, often when there is a Special Election, it is due to a resignation, or a recall (and all the circumstances that surrounds either of those). It gives the region the opportunity to get caught up in the elections and the campaigning and to move forward to a new era.

Back