Sr. Associate Justice: Via Vulpes
Jr. Associate Justice: Charles Telsontair

[c]
200pxcrownedportculliss.png

22nd Session of Parliament

Speaker of Parliament

James Mikaelson(Lab)

Peers of Parliament
William Cavendish, Lord of Annandale (CUP)
Publius Mack, Lord of Liverpool (NAP)

Members of Parliament

-Chris Mikaelson of Northern England (Lab)
-Klaus Mikaelson of Southern England (Lab)
-Alex Beckett of Wales (NAP)
-Marshall G. Holdstock of Scotland (Lab)
-George de Clareof Northern Ireland (CUP)

***​

Majority: Labour-Nation Alliance Party Coalition
Loyal Opposition: Conservative & Unionist Party

The February Elections

images-1_zps85c56b33.jpg

*This article was written prior to the British People's Union re-styling themselves as the Conservative & Unionist Party*

This election was a rather quiet one by United Kingdom standards. Why quiet? Well, most candidates only posted their campaign threads during the last week of the campaign period and some failed to even campaign at all! During the election campaign the British People's Union(BPU) was hit by a bombshell which came in the form of it's leader Edwin Tiberius de Clare resigning from the BPU and the United Kingdom as a whole. Similarly around the same time Henri Renaldi Grimaldi , the National Alliance Party(NAP) candidate for Northern Ireland similarly resigned from the party and from all positions in the United Kingdom. Both men left the United Kingdom shortly after their goodbyes.

This Election also saw the return of the National Alliance Party which dominated the political scene of the United Kingdom before Sinn Fein and the British People's Union, it is now lead by Alex Bekett(Member of Parliament for Wales). Also in the news, Sinn Fein members voted to have them renamed themselves as the Labour Party in order to shake of their previous association as an 'Irish party", however despite the name change it's policies will remain the same. Meanwhile members of the Libertarian Party rejected a proposal by their party leader to re-style themselves as the United Kingdom Independence Party(UKIP).

The Results

untitled_zpseab31e81.png

Marshall G Holdstock was elected with 92.9% of the vote casted for Prime Minister​
At the end of polling day, citizens awoke to find out that Marshall G Holdstock(Labour) former Monarch and Speaker will be their next Prime Minister. He won 92.9% of the votes casted for Prime Minster's race emerging victorious over the Libertarian Party's Victor Cavendish. Marshall's Labour party colleagues had cause to celebrate too, they emerge winners in three out of the five MP races. The NAP retains its hold on Wales and the BPU lost three out of the four seats they held before this election. Shortly afterwards HM Alexander II invited PM-elect Holdstock to form a government.

Prime Minster Holdstock's Message

Woody_Harrelson_poker_player_zps8832b3f3.jpg

Message from the Prime Minister:

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to our foreign friends. I do not travel beyond my own region much, so chances are you've never heard of me before. I'm looking to change all that. In the coming two months my Cabinet is going to revitalize United Kingdom's Foreign Office, so that we may strengthen the bonds of friendship we have, and establish contact with other regions. In the famous words or Euripides: "One can judge a man by the company he keeps." We are looking to expand on the already fine company we find ourselves in, and so I gladly offer to you the invitation to come visit us. Friends are always welcome in United Kingdom.

The Cabinet

51957439-595x400_zpscfeb30f5.jpg

In his first address from 10 Downing Street,Prime Minister Holdstock revealed his Cabinet to the public for the very first time. His new team includes seasoned veterans and fresh faces.Let us now read what PM Holdstock had to say about his cabinet.

Deputy Prime Minster: Klaus Mikaelson

His extensive experiences in the Executive Branch will prove to be a huge asset for us all.

Chancellor of the Exchequer:Alex Beckett

Alex has great knowledge of our economic system and is therefore vital to any economic plans

Home Secretary and Attorney General-George de Clare

George de Clare shall serve as both Home Secretary and Attorney General; two positions I believe him to be more than fit for.

Foreign Secretary-Chris Mikaelson

The Foreign Office shall be lead by Chris Mikaelson. Even though he is new to the position, I have full confidence in him.

Culture Secretary -HM Queen Victoria

Our British culture and traditions are of great importance to our region. Therefore, I have chosen our Queen-Consort, Her Majesty Victoria as our Culture Secretary.

Defense Secretary and Director of Military Intelligence-HRH Prince Michael

To lead our armed forces and MI5 I have appointed His Royal Highness, the Prince of Wales, Michael R.E. Scott. He has excelled in this position before, and I trust he will do so again.

A Journey's End

As we had mentioned above earlier, Edwin Tiberius de Clare and Henri Renaldi Grimaldi announced that they will leave the region. Edwin Tiberius de Clare returned to the region after a short absence, however there is no sign of Henri Renaldi Grimaldi return yet,so in his memory we present a short article on him.

BenBarnes1_20110624215307-248x300_zpsf8f9568b.jpg
Henri Renaldi Grimaldi​

Henri Renaldi Grimaldi played various roles in the administrations of A.G Stuart, Edwin Edwin Tiberius de Clare and Edward Cavendish. He served in various positions in major political parties such as the Unionist party and BPU where he was it's chairman. In the middle of November he resigned from the BPU and joined Sinn Fein only to leave a short time later to stand under the NAP ticket in the February General Election before pulling out and leaving the region. He will be missed dearly.

United Kingdom of Denmark declares UDI

the-kautokeino-rebellion_zps89e267ba.jpg

On 23 February 2013,t he founder of the UKD Michael announced that the UKD will cease being a dominion under the United Kingdom and declared the UKD an independent state. He then proceeded to dismantle symbols of the dominionship (abolishment of the Governor-General position,restoration of the Danish royal family). When asked why he did so he simply stated that he wanted to end the tension between the natives and the UK citizens who reside in the UKD. His announcement was greeted with wide spread anger on the UK side as many did not expect the move on the UKD founder's part .Furthermore the proper procedure of separation(written in the Dominionship of Denmark Act) was never followed. His announcement came a few days before polling day which ignited a blame game between members of the government and opposition. Currently citizens and government officials of the United Kingdom are working together to deal with the fallout that this messy separation left behind.

The Response

imagesCA628SPU_zps9236f2af.jpg
On the 5 March 2013, the official response from the United Kingdom in regards to United Kingdom of Denmark illegal secession was made known to the public in the United Kingdom. In a statement issued by Buckingham Palace with the consent from 10 Downing Street, His Majesty Alexander II announced that the United Kingdom will recognize the independence of the United Kingdom of Denmark and will not attempt any action to reclaim the UKD. In addition, the territories of The Kingdom of Northern Ireland, the Tsardom of Russia, and the Grand Duchy of Finland are to remain possessions of the British Crown after being seceded to the United Kingdom by the UK in the Dominion of Denmark Act (2012).

Recognition of Independence​

Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen of the realm

On this day, the fifth day, of the third month, in the two thousand and thirteenth year of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Crown and the Government of the United Kingdom and her realms and territories, do hereby recognize the independence of the United Kingdom of Denmark, and cede said territory to the native populace of said region for sole governance; following the official repeal of the Dominion of Denmark Act (2012) today. The Kingdom of Northern Ireland, the Tsardom of Russia, and the Grand Duchy of Finland are maintained the possession of the British Crown to do with as it pleases; as per the relevant act formerly passed.

We wish the citizens of the United Kingdom of Denmark godspeed in their endeavour to strive forward as an independent self-governing region, and the United Kingdom will make no such act, and issue no such declaration, attempting to hinder that goal.

Warm regards,

Alexander Rex
His Majesty the King

Marshall Glenmore Holdstock
Right Honourable Prime Minister

A New Prince of Wales

untitled_zps8ffbe978.png

HRH Prince Edward
On the 2th of March, His Majesty Alexander II announced that Edward Cavendish his son and former Prime Minister will be the new Prince of Wales. He takes over the position from Prince Michael who wished to concentrate on his activities in government. His Majesty elaborated that Prince Edward could not take on the role (after his sudden ascension to the crown after the abdication of Anne II) as he was holding the office of Prime Minister. In his response Prince Edward thanked his brother Prince Michael for his service to the region and HM Alexander for the opportunity to serve his region once more.

This update was brought to you by the
~ Ministry of Foreign Affairs~
on behalf of His Majesty, His government and His citizens.
Respectfully, British Diplomatic Service

Back