IMPORTANT: Map overhaul

So if you have noticed the map recently, you have noticed I have removed a few nations. This is because they have been inactive for an extended period of time, and this represents phase one of an extensive map overhaul.

First order of business, there will be a change to the map requirements. Now to get on the map, you must have NPA or RA membership, and fifteen posts. Once you are no longer a member of either organization, your nation will be removed from the map for inactivity.

So what has happened to the people in those areas? Well they are now without a government. Any nation is more than welcome to annex any of the open territory left by these nations, however like any other change to the map, it must be roleplayed. This can be as simple as a press release, but it must allow other nations to respond.

Now, back to business. I have plans for a major overhaul, including creating a topographic map, an ocean map, and possibly a transportation map. At the very least, I'd like to create a sea route map.

So this will be simple. For those of you with nations on the map, I would request that you send me (via PM) a topographic map of your nation. These will all be considered when creating the new North Pacific topography map. I will make some edits to make sure the topography flows, but they will be as minimal as possible. If you do not care about the topography of your nation, I will take the liberty to change your topography to make other nation's topography flow.

Next, I would like to cover the transportation map. The principle is similar to the topographic map. Please send me a map of any major road networks for your nation. Don't care? That's fine. Keep in mind that it might factor into the productivity of your nation, and it will definitely say a lot about your productivity. If you would like me to create your road network, please let me know. This map will ONLY include major interstates. This map will be a back project though, since it is not extremely important, and may come out in regional segments, since the North Pacific is a large scope.

Finally, I would like to cover the sea routes map. This one is simple. Please send me a map indicating major port cities in your nation. This will allow your nation to be open to sea trade. It will be very important to roleplays.

I appreciate everyone's cooperation. I've got some exciting stuff in mind to make the map a bit more exciting, and I will be working to overhaul the Pacifica Borealis. Speaking of which, it'd really help if you identify any major features in your nation. I'd really appreciate it.

Finally, I have been discussing an idea with the MoCE, Alvino Castillon, and we've got another exciting idea in mind. This one though, will be a surprise, so keep an eye out for that announcement! :shifty:

-Scandigrad, Supreme Map Maker Numero Uno

I've already offered to be a consultant regarding topography for Scand :P

Most people have difficulty making it realistic, and I have provided such a service to others before. I'm a Cartography snob :P

Wow, I get a whole new coastline in the South! Thanks! We have some development issues in that area, so this will probably help a lot.

I'll send the very simple topography map I have, and I have been working on a transportation map this week, so this is perfect timing.

though I haven't posted anything for a while I have been on the forums a lot recently, Its been a hectic few months, could you please put Soulia back on the map?

Thank you Scandigrad (and everyone involved), this is a good reason to update my maps and factbook. I have to think about this and I'll gladly share any information about my nation.

Keep up the good work

Back