NOMINATIONS: Special Election for Delegate

Discord
COE#7110
This thread is for nominations for Delegate, in a Special Election to fill McMasterdonia's vacated office. Individuals may self-nominate. Any candidate who is nominated by someone else must state his or her acceptance in this thread before the scheduled close of nominations in order to be considered a candidate and placed on the ballot. Seconding is not necessary.

SCHEDULE
For your convenience, times are in YOUR local time zone.
(time=1362805260): Nominations begin
(time=1363237260): Nominations close
(time=1363737600): Voting begins1
(time=1364169600): Voting closes
Nominated
Kingborough
Eluvatar

Accepted
Blue Wolf
Romanoffia
Jamie
Lord Byron
Cormac Stark

Declined
Hileville
Crushing Our Enemies
Flemingovia
Former English Colony
Alvino Castillon
Kiwi
Belschaft
Govindia

1Voting has been delayed due to an improper ballot being posted.

flemingovia:
Can someone inform me how long the term will be for someone elected in this ballot?
The next schedule election will begin on May 1st for Delegate. Meaning the term would last until May 17th unless there is a run-off which would extend it anywhere from 5-7 days. The 5-7 days depends on the election calendar released by whoever is Delegate.

If may ask, are you able to nominate your self ( not that i want to), or you can only nominate other Regional Assemblymen/women.
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Emperor Andrew I:
Oh i see.
Well i nominate ,Hileville and Kingborough
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
:winner: :winner: :winner: :winner:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you for the nomination. I must decline though as I am currently the Chief Justice and have already began discussions on the Current Review which may could have a direct impact on these elections. That is a huge CoI in my opinion.

Cormac Stark:
I nominate Crushing Our Enemies and Alvino Castillon.
Thank you for your nomination, but I respectfully decline. Even if I were interested in the job, I am the election commissioner, and thus cannot stand for election. Furthermore, I would not wish to put the region through a lengthy and cumbersome transition period; I would have to gain upwards of 300 endorsements to become delegate. EDIT: And another reason! I'm the Speaker, and I ran to serve a full term, and don't want to put the region through an endless chain of special elections.

Leekem:
I nominate God n Country n Byron for the office of delegate.
I assume that you are referring to Lord Byron by his nation name. If that is incorrect, please say so.

Emperor Andrew I:
Okay. I accept your decision.
I have changed my nomination in the earlier post.
In the future, try not to edit nomination posts. If you have further nominations, just post again. That makes it easier for me to update the OP. Thanks!

After an extreme amount of contemplation, I must respectfully decline my nomination by Cormac Stark. I feel I have not completed what I set out to do as Minister of Culture and Entertainment just yet. I feel that this Ministry needs me more at this point, and we have excellent Nominees as is.

Perhaps you guys will see me on the ballot in May. We'll see what happens then. ;)

I accept my nomination for the position for delegate.
Thank-you to everyone who nominated me.

Govindia:
I nominate madjack for Bombad Gungan General
Wrong thread. Nominations for Bombad Gungan General are in April.

Disclaimer: This is a joke. This is only a joke. Do not file a criminal complaint against me for election fraud.

I nominate Bel and Govindia.

Bel for his level head, tact and diplomacy skills, and they way he is able to easily set personal feelings and prejudices aside and get alonside people.

Govindia for similar reasons.

flemingovia:

Bel for his level head, tact and diplomacy skills, and they way he is able to easily set personal feelings and prejudices aside and get alonside people.

Please do not put me in such company.

Needless to say, I reject the nomination.

Belschaft:
flemingovia:

Please do not put me in such company.

Needless to say, I reject the nomination.
Oh gee thanks Belschaft. <_<.

I appreciate the nomination Flem, but I must decline. I am still an active defender and unless I retire as defender, I will not ever run for Delegate of any region.

Nominations have closed...err...a little over 40 minutes ago.

Voting will begin at (time=1363323660), in whatever time zone you have the board set to.

Back