Honours

Georgiana

TNPer
I thinking of introducing a bill that allows the Delegate to present honours to citizens for their outstanding work to the region. I cant choose wether or not the RA should approve the honours. I would like to hear your thoughts.

Against.

Read this if you haven't already.

EDIT
Point being, while some may recognize JAL as being particularly worthy of an honor, to me this is slightly dubious or at least unclear as to why he is so honorable.

I don't believe a law is needed here. If the delegate wants to create an honor of some kind for a citizen he can.

I think it is a great idea. Genius.
I mean sure they get awarded a title/honour but its not like they get power right.

If they don't ,I think they should be within the Delegates supreme authority to grant honours.

I mean u can link the constitution of TNP to the one of RL USA. The president, like the delegate, can grant honours.

So I think the Delegate should have supreme authority to grant honours ( including the fact there should be more honours) ALTHOUGH! With the advice of the RA.( not on the advise, with advice:which he can ignore)

Im not exactly sure on what kind of honours. But HONOURS. I think there an honour of the merit i think. But i think there should be more honours and all under the supreme authority of the WA Delegate.

The cabinet has discussed this idea briefly before. I'm open to it, but as punk said I don't feel it requires legislative action

mcmasterdonia:
The cabinet has discussed this idea briefly before. I'm open to it, but as punk said I don't feel it requires legislative action
Well maybe not but will it be needed to be amended into The Constitution as a Delegate power.

Supreme Leader of DOAO:
mcmasterdonia:
Well maybe not but will it be needed to be amended into The Constitution as a Delegate power.
...no... I don't think it needs to be...

But yes there aren't that many people here advocating for it. I also find myself agreeing with Chas's point too.

I motion to vote on this proposal as written.

The Delegate cannot do anything official without official authorization within TNP law.
This must come to vote and be added to our laws!

We must list the different honours that shall be allowed.
Additionally, we must detail the procedure for nominating applicants and the requirements that said applicants must meet.
Furthermore, in order to insure sufficient checks and balances within TNP government, the RA must be given the sole authority to nominate applicants.
However, I feel that it is only logical to allow the Delegate to elect a special commissioner to oversee the applicant requirement evaluation process.
Finally, the NPIA must be empowered to investigate all applicants and those that nominated them.

Most humble and reasonable regards,
Lord Byron
Supreme Leader
God n Country n Byron

Supreme Leader of DOAO:
What do you mean Mr Speaker sir?
There is no proposed law/amendment written so there is nothing that can be brought to vote at this time. At this time it is only a discussion on the idea of having honours.

Lord Byron:
The Delegate cannot do anything official without official authorization within TNP law.
This must come to vote and be added to our laws!

We must list the different honours that shall be allowed.
Additionally, we must detail the procedure for nominating applicants and the requirements that said applicants must meet.
Furthermore, in order to insure sufficient checks and balances within TNP government, the RA must be given the sole authority to nominate applicants.
However, I feel that it is only logical to allow the Delegate to elect a special commissioner to oversee the applicant requirement evaluation process.
Finally, the NPIA must be empowered to investigate all applicants and those that nominated them.

Most humble and reasonable regards,
Lord Byron
Supreme Leader
God n Country n Byron

Great idea, let's take something done for fun which needs no regulating laws and turn it into a bloated bureaucratic nightmare which we will then go complain to the courts about violating the rights of one person in the region, wait a week or two for their ruling and then spend a couple more weeks deciding on how to change it.

Hes shaping your government into BI posh idiots. Im glad im here. I dont even have to do anything. Dont you know windy is from BI. He has a good job there too. Haha man what little things like honor makes a big difference in power.
Even if you dont connect it with power Its gonna make social caste. We are not india. If you pass this we Will be.

Needs be not such a conversation this over, young pada-pricks.

Has Byron, he has to been pulling of your legs. Taking this like shit, you must stop. Shitting of the your pants, you must stop.

In all seriousness, there's no need at all for legislation- if the Delegate thinks someone's done a good job, he can publicly say "good job." If he wants to make a flashy decal, fine.

If you want to make an awards ceremony just to have a TNP awards ceremony, say so or shove it.

Only like two of the last 5 posts made any sort of sense.

*Can't let it die*
Crushing Our Enemies:
Lord Byron:
There is no proposal, currently. This motion will not be entertained.
Mr. Speaker,
I will admit that, perhaps, I was reading a teensy bit too much into the proposal:
Windy:
I [am] thinking of introducing a bill that allows the Delegate to present honours to citizens [such as Lord Byron] for their outstanding work to the region. I can't choose wether or not the RA should approve the honours. I would like to hear your thoughts.
Upon further reflection and analysis, it is more clear to me now that Queen Victoria III of Windsor DC is proposing to introduce a bill.
Let us at least vote on the idea of proposing a bill.
  • If the proposal passes then Windy will draft a revision/addition to our legal code, which we can vote on.
  • If it fails then we can continue to discuss the wisdom and spelling of honours in this thread.
You must admit that this is at least reasonable and fair.
I fear that, if you supress our rights to vote by refusing to bring this important topic to vote, the NPIA, SC, or AG may begin an investigation. :o

Lord Byron

This thread is making less and less sense. I think it would be more appropriate to petition the delegate to create a poll to gauge the regions support of honours.

Lord Byron:
*Can't let it die*
Crushing Our Enemies:
Lord Byron:
There is no proposal, currently. This motion will not be entertained.
Upon further reflection and analysis, it is more clear to me now that Queen Victoria III of Windsor DC is proposing to introduce a bill.
Let us at least vote on the idea of proposing a bill.
Anyone who wants to propose a bill can do so at any time. They don't need RA approval to do so.

Lord Byron:
You must admit that this is at least reasonable and fair.
I fear that, if you supress our rights to vote by refusing to bring this important topic to vote, the NPIA, SC, or AG may begin an investigation. :o
The RA is empowered to vote on changes to the constitution, legal code, bill of rights, RA procedure, and the order of succession. They are also empowered to vote on motions to recall a government official. There is no power mentioned anywhere in the laws to vote on whether or not to propose a bill. If a member wants to propose a bill, they just DO, and then we vote on THAT. That's how it works.

Lord Byron,

The Speaker is entirely correct in this matter. It is my hope that you be not downhearted and take the remarks by previous posters as derogatory or antagonistic. I would suggest you proceed on all fronts that are open to you. Petition the delegate. Petition Prince Windsor. Then petition the Speaker and the honorable members of the RA with the drafted proposal. Be prepared to be disregarded and ignored, though, why should you be supported?

If you include me in your discussion I will continue to put down the idea with half-hearted cynicism. Let's go!

madjack:
Only like two of the last 5 posts made any sort of sense.
Oh god I agree with you. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Edit:
yoMp1.jpg

Okay.... you guys have made an honest suggestion into absurdity.

1) Delegate already has the "power" to award whatever prize/merit badge they want to. There's nothing in the constitution that says they can't.
2) You could write an actual law into place, but would you *force* the delegate to do awards? How often? Their term is only 4 months, and having awards every 4 months seems a bit much.

When it comes to proposing the idea as a law, Lord Byron, why don't you write up what you would want to add and get people to comment on it? Or Windy could. Or DOAO could. But nothing will be voted on by the RA unless someone writes up a formal version of the law.

My personal opinion is that an honest award is going to be spontaneous. Or if there is an awards ceremony, at most once a year or some such. And then that the people of TNP should vote on it (citizens + RA) not just one person (delegate) deciding.

Didn't we used to do a TNP Awards Ceremony once a year? I've got a couple medals around here somewhere from that, I think.

A-ha! Third Annual TNP Awards, I won Most Embarassing Moment (for nominating Limi for everything right after he got banned), and Best Quote (for pointing out that Ruth Bader-Ginsberg is not a MILF).

GmmE03r.gif
M0UDbnb.gif

Now, why exactly do we need a law to do this, again?

Back