Government Opinion Poll

Discord
COE#7110
I asked the delegate if I could post some opinion polling, and he said yes! After voting dies down a bit, I may do some analysis in this thread.

Alvino Castillon:
Can we have separate polls for the Ministries please? This was an issue in the last survey.
This!

You so cannot judge the entire EC and expect an accurate poll.

I thought about that, but didn't include them because I thought it would be too many questions. I'll go ahead and add them now, since there's a demand for it, but I doubt you'll get as many responses...sorry.

EDIT: Annnnd I fucked up the question about Elu, because he's definitely minister of Foreign Affairs, not WA Affairs. There is no apparent way to fix that. Sorry, Elu!

EDIT 2: And honestly, I'm not sure how anyone could make an informed opinion on the specific council questions, cause y'all have only been in office for like, a couple weeks, if that? I wouldn't put any stock in the results of those polls, were I you.

Crushing Our Enemies:
I thought about that, but didn't include them because I thought it would be too many questions. I'll go ahead and add them now, since there's a demand for it, but I doubt you'll get as many responses...sorry.

EDIT: Annnnd I fucked up the question about Elu, because he's definitely minister of Foreign Affairs, not WA Affairs. There is no apparent way to fix that. Sorry, Elu!

EDIT 2: And honestly, I'm not sure how anyone could make an informed opinion on the specific council questions, cause y'all have only been in office for like, a couple weeks, if that? I wouldn't put any stock in the results of those polls, were I you.

Fixed.

Good thing your job requirements don't include polling. :) On your real job, i'm giving you high marks.

Only five "strongly approved" in my results!? UNACCEPTABLE! I must get ALL THE APPROVALS!

[me]starts planning for tomorrow... or something...

Oh, two people 'strongly disapproved' of my handing on the Communications Ministry? They haven't seen what my next TNP Wire issue is going to contain.

I will be specifically targeting those two people for some seriously hysterical satirical abuse. :P :rofl:

You think I'm kidding.

My approval rating has dropped since the last poll. Not surprised by that really.

I am very much looking forward to seeing how the next person in this role does. I hope they do better but this role is challenging.

AG is a thankless job, so is a being a court justice.

But I look at it this way - if one isn't pissing off someone somewhere, on is not doing one's job properly! ;)

Romanoffia:
But I look at it this way - if one isn't pissing off someone somewhere, on is not doing one's job properly! ;)
That's my new motto for life- luv you, Roman! :hug:

Also, :no: :facepalm:

I wouldn't blame your low poll ratings on you Punk - rather, I blame the fact that you have to seek indictments for every charge leveled, no matter how fatuous or stupid. It's a massive waste of everyone's time, and leads to a long list of pointless cases with no serious merit that have to be prosecuted, and then inevitably fail.

Now, at one point we were too far the other way - an AG using his discretion to deny legitimate charges - but our reaction was to go to the other extreme, and deny the AG any discretion at all. I think we need to move back towards the middle ground, and grant the AG discretion over, if not whether or not to bring charges, what charges to bring. Instead of having plaintiffs write up their own charge sheet, and then having the AG forced to work from that, they should lay out what action they allege has been committed, and why they think it's against the law, and then the AG can decide what charge to seek an indictment on. That way we wouldn't have to deal with something as stupid as a Security Council member being indicted for impersonating a Security Council member.

Back