ARCHIVED: Roleplays of the Writer [OOC/Sign-Up]

Credit goes to Der Blaue Wolf for inspiring this idea. Thanks to Jormengand for showing me these works.

“You can make anything by writing.”
? C.S. Lewis​

Every story, its characters, its plot, and its settings all come from the imagination of the writer. Most stories that aren't from the first person follow a certain set of guidelines. These guidelines ensure the story flows well and makes sense. The four major points of these guidelines are:

1. The writer places a wall between them self and the story, thus ensuring their involvement in the story is minimal.
2. Within most stories, there is a fourth wall that usually divides the characters from the reader.
3. With every story there is always some semblance of sense and explanation as to why certain things happen in the story.
4. Within most stories, the writer will make as many attempts as possible to have as few plot holes as possible.

...Now take all four of those guidelines and rip them up because this RP will not be following those conventional norms. In fact, it could approach the essence of what people would call "godmodding." Some people would argue there is no way in Hell that would work. Well, look all the way up at the top, because it seems to have worked for someone.

And now, an FAQ:

Q1. Did... did you just rip my precious guidelines!? Did the author at the top do that too!?
A1: I did rip them. He didn't though. He just trampled on them, lit them on fire, and buried them at the bottom of the Ocean. Look how well that went... I'd say pretty damn good.

Q2: But the godmodding!
A2: Yes well, perhaps a bit of godmodding would make for an interesting story. Why should things make sense anyways!? Let's try things without sense for once!

Q3: ...I'll bite. What's this RP about?
A3: RolePlays of the Writers follows the concept of "Adventures of the Writer," by Der Blaue Wolf over at FanFiction.net. There will be two Writers and this RP will follow their adventures in a world made up in the midst of their imagination. The two writers will interact with a number of characters and together, they will embark on insane quests that could range from saving a character from the clutches of evil, to fighting those same forces of evil across the Internet (Or *Gasp* NationStates), to fighting the evil force that is known as "Justin Bleeper."

Q4: Okay... who are the characters?
A4: You guys of course! At the bottom of this FAQ is an application in which you can sign up and be one of the characters involved in these adventures

Q5: So... who are the Writers? What do they do?
A5: Myself and Jormengand are the writers and Co-OPs of the RP. In a sense, they act like the gods of this world, living amongst the mortals (and being the narrators of the story). Armed with their laptops (and whatever else they like to use), the Writers can manipulate the world around them. The laptop is an important part as it allows the Writer to manipulate the world surrounding them. This ability is nullified when the Writer is attempting to influence a null-fic zone.

Q6: But... plot holes! And... null-fic zones?
A6: Plot holes are points where the plot doesn't make sense. One of the abilities of certain people is to use that plot hole to teleport to another area with a plot hole. Null-fic zones are areas where Writers can not manipulate the world around them. In a sense, they are considered the "safe zones" of the world.

Q7: What about all the references made to things I don't know?
A7: There seems to be a lot of puns, huh? There will be recurring themes and recurring gags. If you have a suggestion, telegram me and I'll see if I could make it work. Remember, this is meant to be humorous and fun, so don't get too wound up if you don't get it... you probably won't be alone.

Q8: I... damn it, I think I'm actually interested! Still, what if the Writer doesn't like me or tries to kill me off?
A8: We're not THAT evil. However, if you do become basically a Kaito character (used for comedic relief), don't worry... we'll give the right to come back randomly. Plus, it makes another plot hole for teleporting!

Q9: Speaking of characters, what is the Character Type part of the application?
A9: Aha! So you did pick up the application! Character Type is for people who have read "Adventures of the Writer" and have created a character similar to a character in the story. If you have not read the stories/ did not have the time to, just put "Unaffiliated" for the Character Type.

Q10: My question isn't here but I think it's a good one!
A10: Telegram me or reply to this thread, and we'll try to answer your question as quickly as possible.

Character Name:
Allegiance (For or Against Writer):
Character Type:
Bio:
Weapon of Choice:
RP Example:

Accepted Characters
Character Name: Alvino Tyler Castillon
Allegiance (For or Against Writer): I AM THE WRITER. Or... at least one of them.
Character Type: Writer
Bio: Alvino Tyler Castillon was a carefree child who loved to imagine things. Random things. And plot holes. He loved to write stories and daydream about them. However, the education system (ie: "The Man") seemed to bring him back down to reality, with criticism about such plot holes and random things being "improper." As a result, he was forced to follow the structure and the four guidelines that seemed to govern most third person stories. He grew up around the structure and followed it as close to the letter as possible.

One day, on Nation States, a friend showed him a group of stories called "Adventures of the Writer" by a writer named Der Blaue Wolf. As he read the collection of stories, he was utterly fascinated with the trampling of the structure. The Writer seemed to bend and twist every rule... and yet, still create a fascinating tale. Struck with inspiration, he started to write without such structure, with plot holes, and with nicely timed (or sometimes not so nicely timed) puns. Slowly, a world began to form around this, and it took the form of "RolePlays of the Writers."
Weapon of Choice: Twin Scythes
RP Example: One of my Current RPs

Iro:
Character Name: Terry
Allegiance (For or Against Writer): Double agent... BUT ON WHICH SIDE?
Character Type: Unaffiliated (I'm lazy)
Bio: Terry appeared.
Weapon of Choice: Knife
RP Example: Beeyatch, shut yo mouth.

You son of a bitch, I spent ten minutes trying to understand the rules at the top before I read the next part.

:P In other words, sounds great. Count me in.

Iro:
Accepted. Welcome Iro. :P

Character Name: Lincoln B. Schneider
Allegiance (For or Against Writer): Against
Character Type: Unaffiliated
Bio: Wrote into existence by a long dead writer who failed to give him a complete backstory before his death Lincoln bears a grudge against writers and
backstory runs out
Weapon of Choice: Tophat(s), cane, revolver
RP Example: A bit of the "personification of the nation"
As well as what I put in my application for said RP

Accepted. Welcome!

I'm looking for possible two or three more people before we start up. It'll still be open to new participants, but I wanna get a few more people before we start.

Hey guys, I'm planning on reviving this at some point possibly. I wanna kickstart RPing here again if possible over the next few days.

Character Name: Fritz 'N' Freis
Allegiance (For or Against Writer): For
Character Type: White, tall, and skinny
Bio: About 20 years ago, Fritz's Mother and Father got drunk on imported spiced rum and low and behold, Fritz appeared 9 months later. His Mother decided to name him Fritz 'N' Freis because of her unusual craving of French Fries during pregnancy.
Weapon of Choice: Longbow
RP Example: "My two favorite things are eating French Fries and beautiful Women"

Back