TP Ratifies SovCon Charter

TP Ratifies SovCon Charter
brown460.jpg

Pacificans sign the SovCon Charter

5 February, 2013

Hall of Diplomacy, The Pacific. The Pacific voted overwhelmingly in favor of ratifying the Sovereign Confederation (SovCon) Charter.

SovCon is a new organization promoting regional and national sovereignty. Each region appoints a representative to the Regional Council, SovCon's legislative arm, and votes on a Secretary-General to lead the Executive Council, the chief administrative body. Astarial of Equilism will serve as interim Secretary-General until elections can be held.

Leader of the New Pacific Order Krulltopia expressed optimism at the prospect of greater protection for sovereignty everywhere.

"The Pacific is a staunch believer in regional sovereignty. It is my sincere hope that our allies will join us in taking a wider step towards a new age of unity and cooperation."

The Pacific joins Equilism in committing to SovCon. Gatesville is expected to ratify the Charter soon and voting in Osiris is expected to commence in the near future.

----
Written by New Kervoskia
The Pacific Post- Your world, your news
Proudly Part of PNN

The Pacific has always had the type of government that suits them the most. It's been like this for almost 10 years now. I see no need for the comments above.

Hey, I think it's a great type of government. But it's pretty easy to make fun of any post that begins with "The Pacific voted."

Belschaft:
Democracy; a system of one man, one vote. Krull is the man, he has the vote.
I always think of the government of the pacific as a sort of primitive version of Flemingovianism, sadly founded on the sand of human frailty rather than the solid rock of divine will and wisdom.

But a good attempt nonetheless. :clap:

I think a lot of unfounded assumptions are being made here. The citizens of The Pacific were given the opportunity to vote, and they voted overwhelmingly in favor of ratifying the SovCon charter. As in other regions, concerns were raised, dissent was certainly tolerated, and issues were addressed by members of the government.

While it's true that The Pacific's government and political culture differ significantly from The North Pacific's and many other regions', the characterization of this process as a rubber stamp for SovCon is false. Citizens of The Pacific who voted were strongly in favor of ratification.

It's true, we often have our stereotypes. Gatesville, for example, projects a very distinct image. I have no idea if the re-establishment will bring about a kinder, gentler Gatesville. Nor can I predict the degree of influence it will have on The Pacific and other SovCon members, militarily speaking. But I will say my past experiences give me cause for concern.

Back