Jan 2013 Election Update

borduriaa

TNPer
photo-thumb-77.jpg

JANUARY 2013 UPDATE:-

It's been a great journey this month for the Commonwealth of Crowns.

Elections to the 8th Regional Executive Councils were held amidst stiff challenges and healthy competition. The United Kingdom of Lentheric and the Empire of Besate were locked in a stiff fight for the post of the powerful and coveted Chancellery. likewise, Imperial Yamea's second time bid for the Speaker's post was challenged by GuatemalaCity.

The results for the REC Elections were as follows:-

Chancellor-WA delegate: United Kingdom of Lentheric
Speaker: Imperial Yamea
Secretary General: Jewish-Polish Empire

Celebrations in the Regional Capital-The Crowns Island were on in full swing for the past few days and the Lentheric monarch, HRH Queen Alexis Lutheran addressed the CoC citizens.
The following was the text of the new Chancellor's speech after taking the oath of allegiance:

Chancellor's Speech:
Honorable Founder of The Commonwealth of Crowns, Esteemed Members of the Regional Executive Council, Their Excellencies, The Judges of The International Crown Court, Ministers of The Commonwealth Government, The Governor of The Commonwealth Bank and Member Nations of The Commonwealth of Crowns.

Firstly, I would like to thank you all for voting for The United Kingdom of Lentheric to lead this great region of ours. We have achieved this position by you having faith within us. We assure you Member Nations, that every action taken by the Lentheric Administration will be for the benefit of this region. We will work unselfishly and be open minded to suggestions and make sure that the rule of law prevails.

Secondly, I thank all Ministers for agreeing to take up a position in Government. You were chosen not blindly, but because of your activities and your willingness to help, lead and follow. You are strong individuals and I have faith in you all. Some of you know by now that Lentheric means business with regards to leadership. We are strict but fair, leaders, but followers as well and we will not tolerate inactive Ministers nor lazy ones. If you do not perform according to your duties, you will be replaced. Leadership is the ability to place yourself last and lead those who needs your guidance and support.

Thirdly, I must stress, the laws of this region shall be upheld by all who dwell within it. Any nation who breaks the rules or over rides the rulings of the ICC shall be dealt with by the REC. In the words of Theodore Roosevelt, "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." Justice will be the order of the day.

Lastly; We all have something to contribute in our own way. I encourage everyone to help where you can, get involved in the debates and have your say. Without you this region is nothing. You are important and you are valuable!

Thank you Member Nations.

"May the odds be ever in your favour"

Queen Alexis Anastasia Lutheran (Chancellor)
The United Kingdom of Lentheric

A new Cabinet was also appointed and sworn in by Lentheric . The ministers are:

Minister of Defence and Internal Affairs::Churchilland
Minister of Finance: GuatemalaCity
Minister of Foreign Affairs: BORDURIAA
Minister of Justice: Gennomia
Minister of Culture: Besate
Secy(Immigration): Noorderkwartier
Dy. Speaker: Helladria

The new Chancellor has laid stress on spreading the influence of the CoC and establishing long lasting relationships with like minded regions , while expanding it's membership and engaging in new RPs.

Back