Motion to Recall Belschaft

Belschaft as stated his intent not to comply with the WA Verification and Confidentiality Act and has suspended himself from the Court but has not resigned, effectively closing a seat in the Court.

Therefore I motion to recall Belschaft as Associate Justice of the Court of the North Pacific.

New Kervoskia:
Belschaft as stated his intent not to comply with the WA Verification and Confidentiality Act and has suspended himself from the Court but has not resigned, effectively closing a seat in the Court.

Therefore I motion to recall Belschaft as Associate Justice of the Court of the North Pacific.
I second the motion.

I support the motion as well. I've been outspoken in my opposition to Section 6.2, but in order for democracies to work the rule of law must be paramount -- otherwise democracy descends into mob rule and everyone pursuing their own self-interest rather than the interests of the community as enshrined in law. Allowing a justice, of all people, to get away with violating the law with impunity would toss the rule of law out the window and make a mockery of our legal system.

Because there are active matters before the court, and it is in the best interest of the region to have a full panel of Justices to handle them, I will be accepting this motion in an expedited manner. Reasonably expect this motion to hit the floor in the next 24 hours.

Since Belschaft does not currently occupy the office of Associate Justice, this proposal is moot, and will not come to a vote. The RA does not have the power to recall officials from offices they don't occupy.

He doesn't actually say he resigns... he says he's suspended... whatever that means.

Kiwi:
He doesn't actually say he resigns... he says he's suspended... whatever that means.
I cannot bring myself into compliance with 6.2, and as such it would have been inappropriate to act as a Justice whilst in breach of the law. My original intent was merely to suspend myself, and allow the RA to determine my status, but it became clear that the Speaker and Delegate wished me to resign immediately so as to expedite matters, and as such I did so.

Belschaft:
Kiwi:
I cannot bring myself into compliance with 6.2, and as such it would have been inappropriate to act as a Justice whilst in breach of the law. My original intent was merely to suspend myself, and allow the RA to determine my status, but it became clear that the Speaker and Delegate wished me to resign immediately so as to expedite matters, and as such I did so.
Fair enough, thank you for the clarification.

Back