Announcement: Self Suspension until further notice

Belschaft

TNPer
-
TNP Nation
Altschaft
Discord
Belschaft
Good morning. As of one hour ago, I have formally informed the WA Registrar of my unwillingness and incapability to, in good conscience, bring myself into compliance with Section 6.2: RA WA Verification and Confidentiality Act of the Codified Law of The North Pacific. This should come as no surprise to any of you, as my unwillingness to do so has been previously stated on numerous occasions.

I cannot, and will not, compromise the security and integrity of The Coalition of The South Pacific, a treatied ally of The North Pacific, by passing classified information to anyone not approved to posses such information. The location of my WA, which is most often either on military deployment or engaged on intelligence purposes, constitutes such information. To provide such information, in any form, not only sets a dangerous precedent but compromises our entire security apparatus.

As such, at this point in time I am in blatant violation of TNP's law. Under such circumstances it would be grossly inappropriate for me to exercise the duties and office of a Court Justice, and therefore I am suspending myself from said office until further notice. Until such time as this matter has been settled, I will not be acting in any official capacity.

Yours,

Belschaft, Citizen of The North Pacific

I am sorry to see it come to this point - I personally find it ludicrous that the North Pacific needs to violate the security and privacy of its friends, allies and citizenry to enforce an archaic rule that is of no use to anybody but a rogue registrar.

I have stated on IRC that my status was a matter for my peers to decide, and that I would remain suspended until that became clear. Having had my resignation requested by both the Speaker and Delegate, I hearby stand down with immediate effect as an Associate Justice.

It has been made quite clear to me that in the interests of the region a speedy resolution is desired, and as such I will not wait for the formality of an RA vote to remove me from office. I had desired to leave my fate up to the RA, but I will not drag this out any longer than necessary.

Belschaft:
I have stated on IRC that my status was a matter for my peers to decide, and that I would remain suspended until that became clear. Having had my resignation requested by both the Speaker and Delegate, I hearby stand down with immediate effect as an Associate Justice.

It has been made quite clear to me that in the interests of the region a speedy resolution is desired, and as such I will not wait for the formality of an RA vote to remove me from office. I had desired to leave my fate up to the RA, but I will not drag this out any longer than necessary.
That's appreciated Belschaft. Thank you for your service.

I am not a fan of this. Not at all.

We've got to do something about this law. I appreciate that Belschaft has done the honorable thing here, but I'm very concerned about this law's impact on TNP.

punk d:
I am not a fan of this. Not at all.

We've got to do something about this law. I appreciate that Belschaft has done the honorable thing here, but I'm very concerned about this law's impact on TNP.
The option to repeal it is currently at vote in the Regional Assembly.

I would give you every personal assurance that Former English Colony would not betray our ally the South Pacific, but at this time it would be too late.

It's a shame to see this happen.

Eluvatar:
I would give you every personal assurance that Former English Colony would not betray our ally the South Pacific, but at this time it would be too late.

It's a shame to see this happen.
I have absolutely no reason to suspect, and do not imagine, that FEC would betray the trust placed in her or release the information in question. However, I had no choice but to consider the precedent; once TNP designates an individual to be informed of TSP military and intelligence operations - that in effect being the result - why not UDL, or Osiris, or The Pacific, or so on. Further, it is not information that is of any real benefit; I could have, for example, easily evaded the process, but to do so would have committed fraud, and would have also entailed lying, something I am not willing to do in such a matter.

I've never shied away from making clear my distaste of 6.2, but I did, when it was merely a personal distaste, comply with it, albeit reluctantly. However, since being elected TSP MoS I have been in noncompliance, with full knowledge that it may have been enforced at some point in the future. I have a duty of trust towards TSP, and I cannot in good conscience subjugate that to my status in TNP.

Back