Iro for Executive Council

Iro

TNPer
Hider! I'm Iro, and I'm running for the only thing that's up for election at this moment.

I believe that I'm a good candidate for the position of Executive Councillor.

Thank you. I will take questions.
EDIT: This election has
Taken quite poetic tone
So I will comply

Sonnet, couplet, fugue
I'll do anything to win
Your respected vote.

Thanks for the question.

First, I want to state that if I am elected, I will never take a position that someone who is designated for that position is holding. If, for instance, McMasterdonia ran simply on the premise of holding Defense and we were both elected, I would always concede the Defense position.

However, that said, there are a few that I think I'd be better at than others. Foreign Affairs is one of them, since I think I have the experience needed to guide TNP's foreign outreach. Communications is another, since it requires a lot of the same skills. I suppose I could work with Culture.

I think I could adapt, at the end, to any of the five, though where I am suited best depends on who else is elected, if I am one of them.

What changes would you implement in the three suggested positions? What is your opinion on the NPIA?

If I were chosen for Foreign Affairs, I would improve our relationships by instating a program more utilizing our Diplomatic Corps. They have huge potential but all the work we give them is to send out updates and check their forums & region "occasionally." If we give them a bigger slice of the pie in engaging with other regions, we could be seen as the Big Friendly Giant embassy in your region instead of the feeder over there with an embassy.

Personally, I am not that in with the NPIA; in truth it seems like you would be, Minister Kiwi :P I trust that they are doing a great job, and I agree with Eluvatar's appointment. No situations have risen under my knowledge, and I'm sure I would have a different opinion if they did.

Thank you for answering so carefully! Unfortunately I'm not in the NPIA - I'm under the impression that the agency will take off after the charter is written.

:ADN:

Under what circumstances can you think of that it would be appropriate to force the NPIA to divulge information it does not wish to divulge?

I really don't see how that question is related to this campaign, but I'll answer regardless.

The NPIA should divulge information at the Delegate's request. Perhaps only TO the Delegate, but it is an executive agency, and the head of the NPIA serves at the Delegate's pleasure.

If we cannot trust our Delegate with the NPIA's information, he shouldn't be in his position.

It's true, right now, that voting has begun.
And I suppose I should compose to you
A sonnet to remind you that I've run
And my hopes of the vote I get from you.

I think that my experience is here
I think good qualities are present lots
It's true that, TNP, I hold you dear,
Yes, love for TNP is what I gots!

The polls open, I hope you rank me first,
Or second, third, or fourth, or something high.
Voting low will make me make you cursed,
And also most likely will make me cry.

So please, vote Iro for Exec Council,
I promise you, I will be good, I will!

Iro:
I really don't see how that question is related to this campaign, but I'll answer regardless.

The NPIA should divulge information at the Delegate's request. Perhaps only TO the Delegate, but it is an executive agency, and the head of the NPIA serves at the Delegate's pleasure.

If we cannot trust our Delegate with the NPIA's information, he shouldn't be in his position.

What if we didn't know something about them, which the NPIA discovers?

I'm sick of NPIA questions. As a non-defense executive council member, I can't imagine when the NPIA would come up in my work. I don't see why others are asking so many NPIA questions other than to pressure me into not knowing what I'm talking about. Furthermore, I find it laughable that the person who's attempting to grill me on opinionated questions is the head of the NPIA.

No further questions about intelligence will be answered.

Let me put it this way: my back is damn itchy. :D

I'll check it out, though I'm sure it'll be bawesome. (boss-awesome? dunno, just made it up :P )

Guess I didn't win
Well I am okay with that
Congrats to who did.

But I'm still running
For Associate Justice
So vote again soon.

:) Thanks for everyone's votes

Back