Flemingovia v. Grosseschnauzer (2013)

Hileville

TNPer
TNP Nation
Hileville
Discord
Dennrick#0489
The Court will now here the matter of Flemingovia v. Grosseschnauzer. Flemingovia has accused the defendant of the following
  • Accused the plaintiff of giving biased counsel so as to favor the plaintiff’s "political ally", Blue Wolf.
  • Accused the plaintiff of advising moderator actions in a way that is "blatantly political", in order to "achieve my[the plaintiff’s] own aims".
  • Accused the plaintiff of embarking on a "relentelessly never-ending campiagn", undermining the defendant’s authority as Root admin by claiming that he [the defendant] ""stole" the root admin account from the plaintiff.
  • Accused the plaintiff of "unilateral abuse of my [the plaintiff’s] admin powers."

The Defendant will have until 1/23/13 @ 12:00am EDT to respond to these accusations.

I thank the court for its prompt handling of this matter and I would request the indulgence of the court. Tomorrow (Thursday) I travel to Kent for my father's funeral, and my internet access will be very patchy until Saurday. Besides which, I may have other things on my mind than Nationstates!

Should Grosseschnauzer respond to the charges it may be a few days before I can appear in court.

The postponement of this trial has now been a month.

Can I ask how long this will go on for before a hearing is allowed in absentia?

please scratch the above. I note that Grosse has been on the forum and has been posting in other places. Therefore a hearing in absentia is no longer appropriate.

I've been labeled a hard-a-- before and I'm sure it has been warranted. I completely feel for Grosse's situation, but I think the court needs to give us an update on where it stands on this issue.

The Court rules in favor of the Plaintiff. The Court came to this decision based on the Defendant not responding to the complaint in a reasonable time period.

Hileville:
The Court rules in favor of the Plaintiff. The Court came to this decision based on the Defendant not responding to the complaint in a reasonable time period.
I'm sorry? That's it? After weeks the court rules in my favour simply because no plea has been filed?

Has the court even looked at the case, or is it just trying to clear a case from the docket with the minimum effort expended?

This judgement does nothing to clear my name, nor to bring about restorative justice.

For the record, when I originally filed this complaint on 6 th January I asked the following:

Should Grosse be unwilling to retract his comments, I would hope that the court would investigate their veractity. I would then seek a statement from the court clearing my reputation and good name.

Is this investigation too much to ask from the court?

I think Flem is essentially asking the court what damages will the court award to Flem since the court ruled in his favor.

flemingovia:
Hileville:
I'm sorry? That's it? After weeks the court rules in my favour simply because no plea has been filed?

Has the court even looked at the case, or is it just trying to clear a case from the docket with the minimum effort expended?

This judgement does nothing to clear my name, nor to bring about restorative justice.

For the record, when I originally filed this complaint on 6 th January I asked the following:

Should Grosse be unwilling to retract his comments, I would hope that the court would investigate their veractity. I would then seek a statement from the court clearing my reputation and good name.

Is this investigation too much to ask from the court?
The Court will issue an opinion in the coming days.

I am extremely busy IRL right now and not able to write it up at this time. The publishing of the ruling was to let people know what the Court decided last week.

Thank you.

I have not yet been asked to present any evidence at all or background information to refute the allegations made against me by Grosseschnauzer. Will the court be examining any evidence? If not, how will the court come to an informed judgement?

I will be taking over this case. Given the circumstances of its delay, I see no reason to press forward despite Grosse's personal concerns. I await notice from the Court regarding resumption of this matter, but am in no hurry to get there anytime sooner than a fair and just trial can be guaranteed.

Aaaand I posted that in the wrong thread, because my girlfriend got me drunk. If only a Justice were around to lock and archive old trial threads...

With respect, this is not an old trial thread to be locked and archived. It is an open trial thread, awaiting only Grosse to return and answer the charges, or the court to instruct me to present my case in Grosse's absence.

I ask the court to note that Grosse has been on the forum several times since this hearing was adjourned, and has posted in several other threads all over the forum. To describe him as "absent" is a bit of a stretch, even though his activity level is less than at some times in the past.

Hileville:
The Court ruled on this trial.

Back