TNP facebook page

Pasargad:
it has come to my notice that our honorable delegate has deleted the link to TNP FACEBOOK FAN PAGE from TNP's WFE i would like to request the honorable delegate to again add the link to TNP's FAN PAGE in WFE.
I disagree with this idea. It hasn't even been updated in over a year and a half... why are we going to add that page then? We could be using the room for something else, such as new announcements and interesting topics.

Alvino Castillon:
Pasargad:
it has come to my notice that our honorable delegate has deleted the link to TNP FACEBOOK FAN PAGE from TNP's WFE i would like to request the honorable delegate to again add the link to TNP's FAN PAGE in WFE.
I disagree with this idea. It hasn't even been updated in over a year and a half... why are we going to add that page then? We could be using the room for something else, such as new announcements and interesting topics.
I agree with Alvino.

The Facebook page is basically in a state of disrepair and I don't see any reason to keep maintaining it.

Tim:
Alvino Castillon:
Pasargad:
I agree with Alvino.

The Facebook page is basically in a state of disrepair and I don't see any reason to keep maintaining it.
My thoughts on the matter. I removed it shortly after becoming Delegate. Thank you for raising it to the RA at this time. If people seriously object to an out of date/unmaintained page not being in the WFE, then I apologize.

I however, have no idea who manages the page. It has fallen into a state of disrepair and I don't think we should be advertising such things in our WFE.

mcmasterdonia:
Tim:
Alvino Castillon:
Pasargad:
I agree with Alvino.

My thoughts on the matter. I removed it shortly after becoming Delegate. Thank you for raising it to the RA at this time. If people seriously object to an out of date/unmaintained page not being in the WFE, then I apologize.

I however, have no idea who manages the page. It has fallen into a state of disrepair and I don't think we should be advertising such things in our WFE.
Gaspo, seriously, you can comment without being so rude and harsh >_>.

Secondly, I'm pretty active on FB, though I don't know who created the page. I'm willing to help update it.

i am very disappointed that you decided ,unilaterally to delete a link to PAGE dedicated to TNP which has more than 100 members and likes,
there are 3 admins in TNP Facebook page,i believe one of them is Elu i will be happy to add you or any of the forum MODS interested in updating the Page as admin .

Pasargad:
i am very disappointed that you decided ,unilaterally to delete a link to PAGE dedicated to TNP which has more than 100 members and likes,
there are 3 admins in TNP Facebook page,i believe one of them is Elu i will be happy to add you or any of the forum MODS interested in updating the Page as admin .
No one else seems too upset. Just saying. As delegate it's well within his discretion to remove such a link. If you felt differently you should have petitioned him personally instead of spouting in caps to the RA.

Kiwi:
Pasargad:
No one else seems too upset. Just saying. As delegate it's well within his discretion to remove such a link. If you felt differently you should have petitioned him personally instead of spouting in caps to the RA.
if you don't care why do you post here ,
if u wanna please the delegate by applauding all his actions you can go IRC or RMB and post an ad with
in my pants
in it

Pasargad:
Kiwi:
Pasargad:
if you don't care why do you post here ,
if u wanna please the delegate by applauding all his actions you can go IRC or RMB and post an ad with
in my pants
in it
1. He posted here because he wants to let you know why it should probably be taken off the RMB. In honesty, it was a waste of space which was better filled with the TNP University announcement. It was a primary reason for the growth of some of our membership on this forum.

2. Mind not being so harsh? I think Mcmasterdonia's agenda to follow precedent of a new Ad Rule is a good thing... it makes it much funnier to read it. Even the GGR's new ads have become somewhat humorous to read. However, that isn't the point of this thread, so I'll get back on topic.

We're merely stating that there is no reason to keep the Facebook page around. We have a right to state our opinions, as protected under the laws that govern this region. I find it disturbing that this is how a Security Council member acts towards others in the region... what does it say to our newer members?

well i think some people who are against the facebook page are only afraid that it may attract other people who are not members of their IRC chat club to become interested in TNP and it might shift the power in the region from them to independent group.the way people here tend to start attacking people who are outside of group of IRC chat friends is alarming and sad to see. as i have observed if you ask any question from a person who belongs to this group all of them seem eager to answer and defend and attack and they usually do this by ridiculing and questioning the logic behind any proposal or idea that is not approved or introduced by them .

Personally, I can't see an outdated Facebook page attracting anyone. It just makes it seem like the government isn't really paying attention to what's in the WFE.

Plus, I don't think McM said anywhere that he's opposed to having a Facebook page in the WFE, so long as it is up to date. I'm sure if it is updated and maintained, he will return it.

the page is still getting likes after removal of the link.It can attract much more people as it is the largest human social network ignoring it is not logical.

it has a large number of likes for an NS page, imo. Seems like it could be used.

however - i'm not complaining if McM doesn't want to drive that bus.

McM - i don't think you'd have a problem if someone wanted to take on that responsibility, right?

Pasargad:
well i think some people who are against the facebook page are only afraid that it may attract other people who are not members of their IRC chat club to become interested in TNP
...That's why we deleted it from the information... so we could put up news of the North Pacific University. I can report happily that we have actually seen an increase in the amount of Regional Assembly applications since that switch was made. As such, I doubt that the Facebook page attracted any new members to the region and in fact, would only show that we are not active at all (a sentiment that is obviously false).

and it might shift the power in the region from them to independent group.
[me]waves, with his evil outside views in his somewhat surprising position of power.

the way people here tend to start attacking people who are outside of group of IRC chat friends is alarming and sad to see.
[me]waves again, with his former spot (a little bit ongoing though) as an outsider to this supposed "IRC chat friend group"

as i have observed if you ask any question from a person who belongs to this group all of them seem eager to answer and defend and attack and they usually do this by ridiculing and questioning the logic behind any proposal or idea that is not approved or introduced by them .
...Okay this is getting old Pasargad. I was technically an outsider and I STILL felt that the Facebook page was a pointless and empty gesture. Why exactly do we need a Facebook page? It provides us with nothing in terms of building community. If your feelings are absolutely strong about it, I would suggest that you contribute to the Culture of the region by forming a thread about that Facebook page in the Out Of Character section and keeping the page up to date. This is a ridiculous matter to cause a fit about, and I am quite sure I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Crushing Our Enemies:
Personally, I can't see an outdated Facebook page attracting anyone. It just makes it seem like the government isn't really paying attention to what's in the WFE.

Plus, I don't think McM said anywhere that he's opposed to having a Facebook page in the WFE, so long as it is up to date. I'm sure if it is updated and maintained, he will return it.
This exactly. I absolutely agree with COE on this and I echo his sentiments. If I was in mcmasterdonia's position, I would have probably done the exact same thing... in fact, we should go further and see if Mcmasterdonia would start posting new announcements more frequently to generate even more interest in the comunity.

I'm not sure how that proves any point you have made.

Consider the following;
• Our present delegate only joined the game just a little over a year ago
• The Minister of Culture & Entertainment and former Speaker of the Regional Assembly only joined NationStates in in June 2012
• The Deputy of the same Culture & Entertainment Ministry only entered the region barely three month ago
• One of our Court Justice's was elected within two months of joining
• And all three of our Assistant Prosecutors are recent members

*wonders if Pasargad has been paying attention for the last year or so* Minister's have been elected since Eluvatar took the delegacy two and a half terms ago.

Pasargad:
the continuous use of our and us and we in above comments proves my point
How about instead of arguing semantics you argue my points instead? Or, do you really not have anything to say on the fact my points are legitimate?

Pasargad:
minister position is not an elected post it just proves they are buddies with delegate
...No. That's... that's so wrong, it's not even funny. The Council of Six has been elected for a good amount of time now. To state that it proves they are "buddies" with the Delegate is absolutely meaningless and quite offensive.

Pasargad:
i still maintain my view they are delegate's buddies :O)
...Then don't vote for them?

Can we get back on discussion on what this thread was made for? Or are we no longer discussing the Facebook page?

I find it amusing Pasargad that you got so upset over the fact that the link was removed, while admitting that you have control over the page and can appoint whoever to maintain it.

Basically admitting your complete incompetence and failure of management of the page leading to it's current state.

I will not link something in the World Factbook Entry that makes our region look stale, unactive, and mismanaged. I simply will not do it. I am not, and never said I was opposed to the Facebook page. Providing that someone is able and willing to keep it updated I will include the link to it in the WFE. That person should clearly not be you, as you have failed in this regard already.

I would also point out to Regional Assembly members that although Pasargad is a member of the security council, I would hope that you realise that this immature behaviour is not common in the Security Council. SC members behave with maturity and grace in there discussions. Pasargad is responding in this manner due to his unhappiness that he has been called out for his behaviour towards Newmist and other citizens. Lashing out to anyone involved in that, is his way of dealing with it.

If someone is willing to update the facebook page on a regular basis please contact me via PM

Govindia:
mcmasterdonia:
Tim:
Alvino Castillon:
Pasargad:
I agree with Alvino.

Gaspo, seriously, you can comment without being so rude and harsh >_>.

Secondly, I'm pretty active on FB, though I don't know who created the page. I'm willing to help update it.
As I said, I can help update and maintain it, possibly. I'm active on FB quite a bit.

Pasargad:
I've tolerated what you've said up until now but I would ask you to retract your prior statement otherwise I will bring court proceedings.

Section 1.4: Fraud:
9. "Election fraud" is defined as the willful deception of citizens with regards to the candidates running, the time and venue of the elections, or the requirements and methods by which one may be eligible to vote or run for office.
10. “Fraud” is defined as an intentional deception, by falsehood or omission, made for some benefit or to damage another individual.

Suggesting that any of the current ministers only gained their positions because they are friends of the delegate is both wrong and offensive.

The delegate is WELL within his right to remove the facebook page if he thinks it has fallen into a state of disrepair. Which it has. I'll point out that you also are one of the people who run it which is a conflict of interest on your part. Considering your activity on these forums has been sketchy at best lately, that only serves to prove my point.

Kiwi:
Pasargad:
I've tolerated what you've said up until now but I would ask you to retract your prior statement otherwise I will bring court proceedings.

Section 1.4: Fraud:
9. "Election fraud" is defined as the willful deception of citizens with regards to the candidates running, the time and venue of the elections, or the requirements and methods by which one may be eligible to vote or run for office.
10. “Fraud” is defined as an intentional deception, by falsehood or omission, made for some benefit or to damage another individual.

Suggesting that any of the current ministers only gained their positions because they are friends of the delegate is both wrong and offensive.

The delegate is WELL within his right to remove the facebook page if he thinks it has fallen into a state of disrepair. Which it has. I'll point out that you also are one of the people who run it which is a conflict of interest on your part. Considering your activity on these forums has been sketchy at best lately, that only serves to prove my point.
there is something called sense of humor which you clearly do not have

mcmasterdonia:
I find it amusing Pasargad that you got so upset over the fact that the link was removed, while admitting that you have control over the page and can appoint whoever to maintain it.

Basically admitting your complete incompetence and failure of management of the page leading to it's current state.

I will not link something in the World Factbook Entry that makes our region look stale, unactive, and mismanaged. I simply will not do it. I am not, and never said I was opposed to the Facebook page. Providing that someone is able and willing to keep it updated I will include the link to it in the WFE. That person should clearly not be you, as you have failed in this regard already.

I would also point out to Regional Assembly members that although Pasargad is a member of the security council, I would hope that you realise that this immature behaviour is not common in the Security Council. SC members behave with maturity and grace in there discussions. Pasargad is responding in this manner due to his unhappiness that he has been called out for his behaviour towards Newmist and other citizens. Lashing out to anyone involved in that, is his way of dealing with it.

If someone is willing to update the facebook page on a regular basis please contact me via PM
you have no right to call me immature and question whether i should be on SC or not. accusing me of failure to manage the TNP facebook page is not right since there are 3 more admins .specially from some one who could not manage his WA nation while he was the delegate and caused deletion of his WA nation when he was the elected delegate of TNP and nation states mod accused him of hacking.i would like to remind regional assembly that this behavior by current delegate and his creation of an intelligence agency is a step in wrong direction.

It's just funny how now after a year of you failing to update the page, you now get upset when the link is removed from the WFE. Especially when only a few people knew who had control over the page. That is silly, and your behaviour is immature. Generally, the community expects an SC member to show respect towards other citizens when debating with them. Something you have failed to do in this thread.

The Mods removed me from the WA by mistake, and I was restored fully before the next update. Clearly you were not paying enough attention to have realized that. You were also one of the only people to doubt me when I first had issues with the mods when Vice Delegate. It's very mature of you to bring up something that has long since passed.

If you want YOUR page to be linked in the WFE. Manage it! Or else give it to someone who will. Stop blaming me for your failure to keep the page up to date.

You two still don't get along. :P

In my opinion facebook page isn't that important, in-world media (like TNP Wire) are more useful and effective.

Back