Kiwi for VD!

Kiwi

TNPer
Hello friends!

It seems to be the theme this election to not list current or past positions in the government so I will not do so. I will say that I would be thrilled to see a VD who is NOT on the security council. Not that I personally have anything against any of the SC members but it seems much more appropriate for the chair of the SC (and the VD) to be someone from outside.

Beyond that? I would love to be VD and have the chance to work to improve the region to the best of my ability.

If you have any questions, I am, as always, happy to answer.

Kiwi

As a note, as Vice Delegate, I made a court inquiry and the Vice Delegate was deemed to be a member... and a voting member, of the Security Council.

So, Vice Delegate kind of does mean Security Council. Unless you mean that you'd like to see an outsider and not a current-SC get elected. In which case, as one of those former outsiders. Best of Luck to you!

DRUK:
Why would you prefer a VD to be from outside the SC?
Well there's certainly nothing wrong with having someone from the SC as VD but it would be nice to have an outsider chair and monitor what occurs in the inner sanctum, so to speak. :)

Many others may feel quite differently, however.

If nothing else it would be a pleasure to learn and understand some of the inner workings.

I'll note that my WA has been used almost entirely for NPA operations since I joined the region, one operation lasting for a very long time, indeed. It would be nice to sit still in TNP for a while.

Tim:
As a note, as Vice Delegate, I made a court inquiry and the Vice Delegate was deemed to be a member... and a voting member, of the Security Council.

So, Vice Delegate kind of does mean Security Council. Unless you mean that you'd like to see an outsider and not a current-SC get elected. In which case, as one of those former outsiders. Best of Luck to you!
Yes thank you Tim, I am aware of that inquiry as I followed the case with interest.

I think there is a very big difference between VD where your membership depends on an election vote every so often and being a full member of the SC where your place is far more certain.

Vote for Kiwi! *waves banners*

In all seriousness, I believe you will make an great Vice Delegate Kiwi - you have solid dedication to the region and shown you are happy to serve the region with your WA, not to mention you've been a very active member of the NPA. You have my vote.

Kiwi:
Hello friends!

It seems to be the theme this election to not list current or past positions in the government so I will not do so. I will say that I would be thrilled to see a VD who is NOT on the security council. Not that I personally have anything against any of the SC members but it seems much more appropriate for the chair of the SC (and the VD) to be someone from outside.

Beyond that? I would love to be VD and have the chance to work to improve the region to the best of my ability.

Kiwi
What do you plan to do, and will you take the role seriously?

Govindia:
Kiwi:
Hello friends!

Kiwi
What do you plan to do, and will you take the role seriously?
I don't want to make promises I can't keep so I'll need to have a look at the current state of affairs. I do think that there needs to be a decent distance between the endorsements of the delegate and vice delegate, however.

I *DO* promise though that I will be active and proactive in my role as vice delegate. And I will continue to do well in whatever other roles I take up. TNP is and has always been my first priority.

I take every role seriously :)

This is an interesting question to pop around; you've sat in a wide range of seats here in TNP: Deputy Speaker, Minister of Communication, Foreign Affairsman, and now Minister of Defense.

Which one would you say piques you the most, and which one would you say will affect your Vice-Delegateship the most?

Please no wishy-washy answers like 'I LOVE THEM ALL!"

Iro:
This is an interesting question to pop around; you've sat in a wide range of seats here in TNP: Deputy Speaker, Minister of Communication, Foreign Affairsman, and now Minister of Defense.

Which one would you say piques you the most, and which one would you say will affect your Vice-Delegateship the most?

Please no wishy-washy answers like 'I LOVE THEM ALL!"
Hey Iro! Thanks for the question.

I think so far I liked being speaker the most (I was actually technically speaker for a while there). The speaker has a lot more leeway then many of the other elected positions and I feel MoD in particular seems to be a role that's caught up in a lot of red tape. Being a Minister puts you under quite a bit of scrutiny and you often get put down even when you're trying to do the right thing.

Being Minister of Defense is probably the most relevant to being VD though, I found watching McMasterdonia do it that they compliment each other well. The only problem is that it means your nation is unable to participate in many of the operations that you plan but I can cope with that. I want a new challenge and I think being VD is well worth the loss of my WA. My WA has been in service to the region for a good six months straight and I think more than anyone I deserve this role.

It's going to be a tough race though and I fear that regardless of recent recalls etc, we will see either Blue Wolf II or Eluvatar as VD. My guess would be Eluvatar. I'm sure he will make a great VD but it would have been nice to have a go!

Anyway getting a bit off topic there. I hope that wasn't wishywashy :)

Iro:
LOL.

Kiwi, that was a great answer :) Super-tied-up as to who to vote for.
Thank you Iro!

Vote in whoever you trust the most. I think that's what it comes down to for VD. I'm glad you liked the answer though :)

Back