Iro "4" Speaker

Iro

TNPer
iro4speak.png

Heya. Hope ya noticed that cool little thing I did up there with the title. ;)

So I'm Oro Iroh JAL Iro, and I am running for the office of Speaker of the Regional Assembly. I think I would be good for the position, and in hopefully less bullet points[note]
  • BULLET POINTS!
[/note] than you'd like to read, I'll tell you why.
  • Organization. Guess how many times you'll find the word "Speaker," in the Legal Code? 13.[note]I know because I did command-F. XD Aren't I special?!? (yes)[/note] Something that distinguishes the office of Speaker from others is that the holder is, in essence, in charge of all of his area's processing. Processing bills, processing members, processing legislation, processing processing. Processing processing processing![note]It's what I'm doing right now.[/note]. I promise you, I have the skills, the wherewithal and the work ethic to put it through the.... whatever Speakers put their processing through.
  • Fair hand. The Speaker is required to make decisions about shtuff, an example being the formatting fight that former Speaker Kingborough held a firm hand on. When fair voting, legislation, and a secure region are involved, I will express my and the best judgement. Ah can DO this.
  • Experience. Blah blah blah, boring, I know, hear all about the places the candidate's been to. I'll make it fast. Deputy-Speaker-Of-The-FRA-Regional-Assembly-and-Chairman-Of-The-Atrigeas-Popular-Assembly-And-Drafter-Of-A-Bunch-Of-Charters-And-What-Else-I-Forgot-And-Whatever. Fast.
  • Work Ethic. I know I mentioned this before, but it's related. Ask a lot of people, and they will verify what I'm saying. I Eat Work. I write, I click, I file, I get things done, and I'm happy about it. I will authenticate twenty Regional Assembly members with pleasure, type "Vote Is Closed," with a smile on my face. There's a huge operation here, and I'll handle it.

• Record-keeping. Again, this goes with the ethic. Nothing bad to Flemingovia or any former speaker, but we are behind on our RA lists, WA counts, and more. I look forward to personally doing annoying foraging and getting us up to date. Oh, and keeping us that way.
    That's my manifest manifesto. I hope you like it and me. I will be happy to answer questions in this thread or by PM. Vote Iro! or don't.... if you don't like me <_<

Hi Iro,

Two questions for you.

If elected Speaker, how much would you try to make yourself available if people need to speak to you about legislative or other matters?

(Sidenote: I sent you a TG to your TNP nation btw :P)

Secondly, what would you do differently, if anything, compared to Speaker Flemingovia?

If elected would you disclose the name of your third cousins cocker spaniel and provide us with the official, certified pedigree of said animal?

Thank you for the questions. I will now answer them one by one, methodically ignoring the ones that make me look bad :P I'll answer all, just to appease you "non-candidate folk."

If elected Speaker, how much would you try to make yourself available if people need to speak to you about legislative or other matters?
My answer is yes. Public ability and openness is a key issue in, I believe, all offices of government, except perhaps head of the NPIA. I like the Speaker's Desk and intend to more expand the system.

What would you do differently, if anything, compared to Speaker Flemingovia?
Flemingovia hasn't had a lot to do, in fairness, but I appreciate the question nonetheless. Firstly, similarly, I would upkeep his policy on clear formatting and non-campaigning within vote threads. It's a pain in the ass, it's annoying, it tips votes, and frankly we need to get rid of it.

I don't think Flemingovia has done enough to foster discussion and opinion. This is necessary in a regional legislature, and I will bring it out.

If elected, will you stop constantly referencing JAL?
If that's a bribe, yes. If you're acting on your own requests, hell naw. Next question.

If elected would you disclose the name of your third cousins cocker spaniel and provide us with the official, certified pedigree of said animal?
Sure.

Any other questions?

irospeakbadge.png

Code:
[IMG]http://s9.postimage.org/s6lkfrnbf/irospeakbadge.png[/IMG]

That's a very broad question, but I don't think I'm afraid to answer it.

You should vote for me because I am the best person to handle the workflow, operation, and conflict of the Regional Assembly. I can and will ensure that the RA stays organized and running. I have the experience and knowhow to occupy the position of Speaker. I have and will constantly remain open and unrestricted to the members and general public.

Iro:
That's a very broad question, but I don't think I'm afraid to answer it.

You should vote for me because I am the best person to handle the workflow, operation, and conflict of the Regional Assembly. I can and will ensure that the RA stays organized and running. I have the experience and knowhow to occupy the position of Speaker. I have and will constantly remain open and unrestricted to the members and general public.
Fair enough.

When should the legal code be updated after a vote in which a majority of aye/nay voters voted to adopt the proposal to amend it?

Eluvatar:
When should the legal code be updated after a vote in which a majority of aye/nay voters voted to adopt the proposal to amend it?
Soon enough, obviously, that we don't have a backlog, but first I will give the Delegate a week to veto and then give the RA ample time to override it. Since there is no set time for overriding before I dismiss it, I would just wait for the proposal :)

Join me in talking with the other candidates at Thursday's 11pm EST debate on #tnpdebates. I look forward to exposing everyone's flaws while keeping a cool, matched demeanor. :P

Some highlights you might like from Thursday's IRC debate:

The question is about doubts voters might have about the candidates.
[23:26:08] <+Tim> Personally? I think some people may worry that I might just be another UDLer looking to influence TNP. I guess both that and the Defender thing might play into it. The "Outside Allegiances" problem. There's not much that I can really do to prevent people from thinking this.
[23:26:10] <+Tim> I guess go with what you think. I'm not running for Speaker due to some outside influence. I'm running for Speaker to make the TNP RA a better place. So I guess, that's probably the biggest thing that people might have a problem with. I do assure TNP, though, that I'm not influenced by any outside groups with this Campaign
[23:31:13] <+Iro> Tim, you say that you will not let the outside influence your role.
01[23:31:17] <+Tim> Indeed.
[23:31:39] <+Iro> How can we be sure this is true when you completely deserted your post as WA Vice Delegate, during a TNP time of uncertainty, for an outside group?
[23:31:52] <+Iro> Dedication means staying through everything.
[23:31:59] <@Alvino_Castillon> 20 seconds.
[23:31:59] <+Iro> Not making one or two exceptions.
[23:32:04] <+Gov> Yes, if you can't even maintain the VD post, how can we be sure you will stay true to your duties?
01[23:32:05] <+Tim> I deserted my post for Vice out of my own choice.
01[23:32:10] <+Tim> UDL urged me not to.
01[23:32:16] <+Tim> I basically told them "fuck yall, I'm doing it"
06[23:32:19] * @Alvino_Castillon bangs the gavel
[23:32:20] <+Iro> We're not here to talk about the UDL.
[23:32:23] <+Gov> Each office is a responsibility, regardless of wherever you are. If
[23:32:26] <@Alvino_Castillon> And now.
[23:32:29] <+Iro> The UDL is not running for Speaker.

1240027.jpg

Back