Security Council Removal

Blue Wolf II

A Wolf Most Blue
-
TNP Nation
Blue_Wolf_II
As per Chaper 5 of The North Pacific Legal Code I am obligated as Vice Delegate to inform the Regional Assembly of removals/suspensions of any Security Council member.

As such, I am here to inform all that Felasia AKA Denarian Knight is hereby automatically removed from the Security Council for resigning from the World Assembly, as required per Chapter 5, Section 5.2, Paragraph 11. Prior to this he was incorrectly suspended by my predecessors instead of being removed, as the law prescribes.

This, however, is not the only matter at hand. Through some leg work, I have found that Enif was improperly suspended from the Security Council and then inexplicably removed without any notice to the Regional Assembly. I have found that the reasoning for suspension, found here, was factually incorrect. Enif was suspended for not being a Regional Assembly member (he was kicked out of the RA based upon old activity laws) which is not actually a requirement for membership in the Security Council, only a requirement for admission. He was then somehow removed sometime thereafter. The reasoning and motivations behind this remain a mystery.

In any case, I am pleased to announce that I am declaring Enif's suspension to be invalid and his mysterious removal to be a clerical error. Enif is thus reinstated back into the Security Council in full.

Due to this troubling error, however, I will be forced to re-investigate any removal or suspension of all previous Security Council members to make sure those actions were in keeping with TNP laws. I am surprised at the lack of legal awareness my predecessors have shown and am embarrassed that the Vice-Delegate position fell into such a dire state before I was elected. I vow to straighten these matters out before the end of the month.

So, once again, Felasia is removed from the Security Council, Enif is reinstated. In case anyone wants to check, the law regulating these matters will be listed below.

-Wolf, Vice-Delegate, Security Council Chair

Chapter 5: Security Council Law

1. Any laws regulating the activities of the Security Council must be listed in this chapter.
2. In this chapter, "Council" means the Security Council.

Section 5.1: Requirements
3. Members of the Council will maintain an influence level equal to or greater than Vassal.
4. Members of the Council will maintain an endorsement level within the range described in this Section.
5. The minimum level is defined as being 50 endorsements, or fifty per cent of the serving Delegate's endorsement count, whichever is least.
6. The maximum level is defined as 20 fewer endorsements than the serving Delegate's endorsement count, or eighty-five percent of said count, whichever is greatest.
7. Where the computation results in fractions, the count shall be rounded down.
8. The required range is to be applied in a reasonable manner, taking into account such factors as transitions between elected Delegates, the recall of a Delegate, or periods of Delegate inactivity.
9. The legitimate Delegate is exempt from endorsement requirements.

Section 5.2: Enforcement
10. If any Council member does not have the required influence level, or exceeds or does not meet the required endorsement level, the Vice Delegate will warn them. If the Council member does not come into compliance within at least fifteen days of the warning, the Vice Delegate will suspend them.
11. The Vice Delegate shall remove members of the Council whose member nation no longer exists or no longer resides in The North Pacific or resigns from the World Assembly.
12. The Vice Delegate will report any suspension or removal of a member of the Council to the Regional Assembly.
13. If a suspended member of the Council comes back into compliance with the endorsement and influence requirements, the Vice Delegate will reinstate them.
14. A majority of the Council may vote to determine that the continued membership in the Council of a member poses a security risk to The North Pacific and request approval from the Regional Assembly to remove the member from the Council.
15. The Speaker of the Regional Assembly will submit the request to an immediate vote of the Regional Assembly; approval will require a two-thirds majority.

My concern with the Vice Delegate's proposed unilateral actions is that the laws and constitutional provisions concerning the Security Council have been completely rewritten, with some changes, and an action he might deem incorrect may have been correct at the time they were taken.
As a member of the Security Council, I would be very concerned about the tone of revisionism in the Vice Delegate's remarks, at a minimum he should speak with the membership of the Security Council and former Vice Delegates who may have more information than he does on the matter, given he was elected Vice Delegates just a few weeks after being cleared to join the Council by the R.A.

I personally applaud this endeavor. To a regional newcomer like myself, the security council seems shady and extra-judicial. It's comforting to know that someone is enforcing the laws.

I somewhat surprisingly agree with Blue Wolf and COE. As we've recently seen in Osiris, the Security Council is by its very nature a risky institution. The last thing we need to do is start wrongly or selectively interpreting the laws we have to safeguard against the risks involved.

Blue Wolf II:
I am following the letter of the law directly. I don't see where your concern lies.
:agree:

Grosse, he followed the law to a T, and I appreciate the forthcoming actions and transparency of the Vice Delegate. It is strange that Enif was removed due to a clerical error and I am glad the issue is rectified :)

My point is that you have to look at any suspension or removal in the context of the law as it was then in force, and not under later changes.

That really shouldn't be hard to follow. A removed or suspended member under the provisions of law as those stood at the time shouldn't be held to a different standard adopted later that is more harsh.

I have no way of knowing what legal standard this Vice Delegate is applying when reviewing a past suspension or removal. It probably has something to do with due process, but I wouldn't want to burden a certain mind with such thoughts.

I made the comment because I thought he might be misinformed. I don't think it's right to assume he was informed of that before I made the comment.

Schnauzer seems to be implying I have partaken is some sort of misconduct when I have followed the law directly and was careful to review the law to make sure my actions were correct.

His accusations don't seem to be based upon any sort of law.

Cormac Stark:
I somewhat surprisingly agree with Blue Wolf and COE. As we've recently seen in Osiris, the Security Council is by its very nature a risky institution. The last thing we need to do is start wrongly or selectively interpreting the laws we have to safeguard against the risks involved.
The only similarities I see are the influence factors. Noting that the SC has been around longer, and many of it's members have been Delegate on multiple occasions. It also does not have any authority to overturn any action of the government. It can only enforce recall.

The powers of the Council of Ma'at far exceed those of the SC.

Blue Wolf II:
There is no hidden agenda or deeper meaning.
4edd0a501861331d64000000.jpg

Back